Anyone know anything...

janu

...about the Owen get-out clause(s)?

Yesterday a friend of mine (Liverpool-supporter) claimed that Owen has got at least two clauses that allow him to speak to other clubs/leave in the summer if a £ 12m fee is offered.

1: The get-out clause is activated if Graeme Souness is sacked as manager

2: The get-out clause is activated if we don't qualify for European football this season

I know Freddie has denied it, but... :lol:

122085[/snapback]

Why would FF allow a clause in Owen's contract to leave for less than we paid for him?? BS tbh...

Bizarre is the ease with which the aforementioned Carragher, Rush and Fowler, and indeed Owen, can just play for Liverpool and adopt them as 'their' club, not only that they play for but appear to have a genuine affection for.

122138[/snapback]

It's only the same as when Waddle (a self-confessed Sunderland fan) played for us. I remember the hysteria when there was a real chance he was about to re-sign for us from Marseille, but he choose Sheffield Wednesday instead..

Bizarre is the ease with which the aforementioned Carragher, Rush and Fowler, and indeed Owen, can just play for Liverpool and adopt them as 'their' club, not only that they play for but appear to have a genuine affection for.

Look at the affection Fowler has for Liverpool, as well as the disdain he has for Everton fans and I personally don't think I could bring myself to do it if, hypothetically speaking, I found myself in a position of being a sunderland player.

122138[/snapback]

I get your point but I don't suppose £40+ grand a week hurts

122150[/snapback]

I don't mean just playing for them though, I mean a genuine love of the club to the point where Fowler's career fell away through lack of motivation when he left.

as long as we get a half decent manager who can convince the likes of given and owen that we are a decent team who can win something i reckon hel stay.

if hes bitching on behind the scenes about leaving though id tell the little mercenary twat to fcuk off and take the money and buy a player who actually wants to play for us.

Look at the affection Fowler has for Liverpool, as well as the disdain he has for Everton fans and I personally don't think I could bring myself to do it if, hypothetically speaking, I found myself in a position of being a sunderland player.

122138[/snapback]

I get your point but I don't suppose £40+ grand a week hurts

122150[/snapback]

I don't mean just playing for them though, I mean a genuine love of the club to the point where Fowler's career fell away through lack of motivation when he left.

122246[/snapback]

What I meant was, I'd support Sunderland for £40k a week. :):lol:

owen's always looked after no.1

our scouse friend remembers 2002 when he feigned injury for just over a 1/3 of the season in a bid to be fit to play in the world cup finals....

this time tho he broke a metatarsal... so we can hardly blame him. i also hear he has a massive gambling problem and will be sponsored by victorchandler next season. if we are to go forward we need to build a team round him though,as he is by a long way the best forward we have there when match fit. :lol: