Scolari withdraws application for England Job

I dont know wheather this is agent spin to get him out of it or not, but truth or not I really think the english press are embarassing and cringeworthy. We knock our heros and hound people to the point of stalking.

I dont blame Scolari if this is the case.

The press in this country seem to knock our heros and make big news of everything they do.

Take Rooney for example, I'm not saying 700K (or 900k depending on the paper you read) is small change, but why do we have to make a story about someone who will be a visible member of society to the world in a derogatory way. He may have done it, but cant we keep some of our discrepancies to ourselves, thus not making ourselves look like twats to the world.

I want the world to be feared of England thr football team with the (potential) threat we could make - not laughing at us becuse the press have made us out to be a bunch of gambling piss-heads.

How many times do you hear a bad story about the italian team, or the germans? To most of the public - none.

I dont like some of the teams that the England players play for, but when they play for England I personally cast club issues aside.

In my rambling (I've had a couple or so) I guess I'm trying to say I hate the press for what they do but I back the team we take to the world cup (and the manager) and I hope we do well.

[Anebriated rant over]

The arseholes of the English press, having fucked up England's chances of getting Scolari, are today calling for heads to roll at the FA. Unbelievable. They hound the bloke out of a job before he's even got it, and then blame it on the FA.

Listening to Talksport and they've just read a text out by someone saying "Get Redknapp or Venables in. They're passionate and they're English". It really does beggar belief that there are people that fucking clueless out there. ;)

It does my head in when people cite passion as a qualification for the England job. I've read others call for Terrible Venables on other forums. Bunch of muppets. Redknapp? Bet the texter was a cock-er-ney too. Only logical explanation.

Passion was obviously the key to Man City's surge in form during their 4 game losing streak.

Whoever the new bloke is who's brought in, no matter how successful he he, he'll still be hounded. Especially if he's foreign.

Talking of Allardyce, he's always in the press talking about the England job saying he deserves it, hes absoloutley desperate for the job!

129391[/snapback]

Its fucking embarassing for him. Its like the geeky kid in school, "Pick me! Pick me!" ;) . He needs to catch a grip of himself and realise that they aren't going to choose the guy who shouts the loudest for it, its obviously going to be who has the best record over the last six games.

Talking of Allardyce, he's always in the press talking about the England job saying he deserves it, hes absoloutley desperate for the job!

129391[/snapback]

Its fucking embarassing for him. Its like the geeky kid in school, "Pick me! Pick me!" :razz: . He needs to catch a grip of himself and realise that they aren't going to choose the guy who shouts the loudest for it, its obviously going to be who has the best record over the last six games.

129459[/snapback]

;):angry:

Jeff Powell was on Talksport earlier talking his usual shit about how now hopefully we can just set about getting the best ENGLISH candidate for the job. Failing that, a naturalised Englishman like O'Neill, which I imagine O'Neill is just thrilled about. ;) Powell is such a little cock end. Him and the Mail deserve one another.