Third Test

Guest alex

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should have moved Flintoff and Pietersen up the order ahead of Bell for this situation, we need runs fast now.

I rate Bell and want him in the team, but he is likely to build more slowly than the other two and they should have moved up ahead of him for me.

I think we should have moved Flintoff and Pietersen up the order ahead of Bell for this situation, we need runs fast now.

I rate Bell and want him in the team, but he is likely to build more slowly than the other two and they should have moved up ahead of him for me.

12027[/snapback]

Correct. Once the lead is up to 300 we should try to blitz them then bowl at them all day tomorrow.

It just seemed obvious to me, we want to win, we know those two will go after the bowling and score quickly. Also Pietersen will always take Warne on, won't always beat him but he'll try to dominate him.

Even if both got out cheaply we are trying to get runs not worry too much about wickets so i think they had to go for it.

12027[/snapback]

Correct. Once the lead is up to 300 we should try to blitz them then bowl at them all day tomorrow.

12045[/snapback]

This Aussie side if on their game can chase 300 down with ease. We have done it to Pakistan in Hobart before when chasing some absurd amount and im sure if they are in the right frame of mind they could do it again. Having said that the way we have played of late we will be out for 250 or so.

Lead now 308

Slogging time surely?

12059[/snapback]

Seems like it. Possibly take the lead towards 380 - 400 with about 10 overs remaining in the day and try and get an early wicket or two before the end of the day. Could be set for an interesting day tomorrow.

England 390 ahead, Flintoff just bowled by McGrath. Surely a declaration is just around the corner now!

Cant be long left in the day and you would want a bowl at us before the end of the days play is gone. Will Vaughan stuff this up?

Langer oot first ball from Hoggard.

12270[/snapback]

Surprised Geraint Jones caught it to be honest :D

Hmmm we havent lasted a full days worth of overs all series, im going to go out here and say we are going to be down 2-1 at the end of the day :angry:

Damien Martyn out LBW to Harmison.  Ropey decision by the umpire.

12357[/snapback]

Steve Bucknor seriously just retire! :D

Clearly two noises, the ball went at right angles after it hit the bat onto the pad. Seriously how could he miss it? Worst decision ever!

Apparently Marto might be on report now for comments but they would be seriously justified.

What is with referees and umpires over this weekend? Could it be down to Englands constant appealling for balls that will be going down legside?

Anyways Katich is in now lets hope he can stay around for awhile.

12357[/snapback]

Steve Bucknor seriously just retire! :angry:

Clearly two noises, the ball went at right angles after it hit the bat onto the pad. Seriously how could he miss it? Worst decision ever!

Apparently Marto might be on report now for comments but they would be seriously justified.

What is with referees and umpires over this weekend? Could it be down to Englands constant appealling for balls that will be going down legside?

12361[/snapback]

Did you type that with a straight face?

Coming from an Aussie, all I have to add to that remark is........ :D

12357[/snapback]

Steve Bucknor seriously just retire! :angry:

12361[/snapback]

Did you type that with a straight face?

Coming from an Aussie, all I have to add to that remark is........ :D

12373[/snapback]

No didnt actually :angry:

But seriously all those balls going down legside or too high and Jones and co are up in arms.

Well Katshit (i call him that after he left WA for NSW!) never looked comfy out there. Probably didnt have to play a ball that was angled across his body but ah well.

Cmon Gilly and Punter!

We only need 252 off 56 overs, doesnt sound too bad when you put it like this does it?

Sorry but that is complete bollocks. No matter how bad the decision is, you have to respect the umpire's opinion. I don't want to go down the Wayne Rooney route in cricket, thank you very much.

And excessive appealing? What are you on? Nearly all of the lbw shouts have looked really close, you can't blame the England team for appealing. Just be lucky that Bowden is getting them all right.

And Gemmill, weren't you formerly one of the 'cricket is shite' brigade? Nice to see you've turned the corner. :D