Third Test

Guest alex

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were always going to have to step up a level to compete with Australia, if that means playing the psychological game with them then so be it.

10918[/snapback]

Exactly. It's not like the teams don't get along - I read that Flintoff embraced Lee after the 2nd test. It's how the Aussies used to play - chummy when play is over, mortal enemies when it's game on. Presumably Ponting has forgotten this, he seems to have forgotten most other aspects of how to captain his team.

10923[/snapback]

Yeah apparently Brett Lee, Andrew Flintoff and Hoggard get on really well. Before one of the days plays they were warming up together, sharing a joke and at the end they all said good luck and started the days play.

Gillespie needs to be dropped. It isnt even a mullet no more it is more of a mop and not a traditional mullet, disgraceful!

Yeah apparently Brett Lee, Andrew Flintoff and Hoggard get on really well. Before one of the days plays they were warming up together, sharing a joke and at the end they all said good luck and started the days play.

Gillespie needs to be dropped. It isnt even a mullet no more it is more of a mop and not a traditional mullet, disgraceful!

11176[/snapback]

Warne seems to get on well with Flintoff as well, when he bowled England out by taking Flintoffs wicket he shouted over to Flintoff 'well played Freddy' and gave him the thumbs up. Wasn't taking the piss either. He's mellowed, must be all that phone sex.

444 all out

11149[/snapback]

;)

1322360_google_waldo.jpg

Wheres Wellsy?

11189[/snapback]

errr... im here

Australia 1/61

Giles got langer trying to play the ball behind square. Hayden just smacked Giles for 4 now 1/65.

Incidentally, where's Wellsy? ;)

11238[/snapback]

Calm down boys i am here ;)

Yeah we are in poo at the moment. Hmmm i dont know what else to say....

Billy Bowden has had an interesting days umpiring.

Oh and Ponting hasnt had a very good Ashes series aswell at the moment. Argh needs to start hitting some form especially for a number 3. A nice captains knock wouldnt of gone astray ala one M. Vaughan.

Also speaking of Michael Vaughan, does anyone have the full version of his cricket manager? That was an awesome game!

Edited by wellsy

11238[/snapback]

11239[/snapback]

It must be awful being in the postion where you have to come up with excuses :)

(Banter eh?)

11238[/snapback]

11239[/snapback]

It must be awful being in the postion where you have to come up with excuses :)

(Banter eh?)

11240[/snapback]

I never said it was an excuse :razz:

Poor form batting wise in the top order and some decent bowling has caused a few problems for our top order. I dont know how they will go about rectifying it.

Jones is bowling well, getting plenty of swing.

Hmm another one, Katich out. 4/115

Katich being brought up on WA pitches leaves a ball outside off, ball nips back takes the top of off stop with Katich not even playing a shot. Great ball Flintoff.

We are in trouble.

Marto and Gilly will save us. Cmon you West Aussie boys!

Oh yeah and i just saw something on the coverage about a Merlin machine, which has re-created that Gatting ball by Warne. The England players use to practice against Warne. Anyone know anything more about this machine?

Edited by wellsy

What do you think of our chances in Australia wellsy? Think the pitches will suit Harmo and Flintoff?

11266[/snapback]

Would be interesting at the moment, our pitches are much quicker especially the WACA and the Gabba. I think Harmison and Flintoff could have a good time but having said that i think McGrath, Lee and even Gillespie would have the wood on your batsman on Australian pitches.

We all remember what Harmison was like last time he was in Australia, wide, wide, wide, wide, wide, wide, wide, wide, wide, wide, four, wide ;)

We havent been forced to follow on since 1988 when we played the Pakis.

Clarke has a rooted back and if he comes in i doubt it will be for long. Things are looking bad at the moment. Next test out - Gillespie, Clarke (if he isnt fit) and in Tait and Hodge.

Im going to bed, have fun you pommy bastards ;)