Baddiel and Skinner World Cup podcasts

Happy Face

I liked the praise for Barry Davies.  Baddiel was spot on - he was a cut above any of the current lot, including Motson.  In fact, especially Motson.

151106[/snapback]

Motty is losing his marbles I reckon. I quite like Peter Brackley who used to do Football Italia and some of the lesser ITV CL games. Don't hear much of him now though.

151117[/snapback]

I could never take him seriously after he did the Michael Owen's World League Soccer computer game.

"some great button pushing there...he's been up all night reading the manual." :blink:

I'm really far too amused by the Gelsenkirchen song.  :icon_lol:

154877[/snapback]

Did you know Newcastle is twinned with Gelsenkirchen? I didn't until they mentioned it on fivelive a few days ago.

154945[/snapback]

Aye.

Sorry. :D

154949[/snapback]

I thought it was South Tyneside that was twinned with Gelsenkirchen. :D

I'm really far too amused by the Gelsenkirchen song.  :D

154877[/snapback]

Did you know Newcastle is twinned with Gelsenkirchen? I didn't until they mentioned it on fivelive a few days ago.

154945[/snapback]

Aye, something to do with a shared history of coal and general industrial graft, I think.

That song was so funny!

The Ron Atkinson bit was fairly random but also had me in stiches, especially the bit with him and the guy with the big cock and his wife in bed!

:razz:

Is it not South Tyneside though?  I could have sworn it used to say that on signs in South Shields when I was a kid.

154953[/snapback]

There's a sign by Long Benton proudly declaring the sponsorship deal they have with Findus Crispy Pancakes. :):(

Good craic that latest podcast. Frank Skinner's reaction when Rooney got sent off. :)

And when Lennon misses that chance "Oh I would soooo love to beat these cheating playacting dishonest Portuguese gits" :(

Penalty Man sounds to me  like a tactical idea of genius propostion. :(

156356[/snapback]

I was just about to post about that on NO, I think it's a really good idea.

you'd have to make sure you haven't used up all three subs though

156372[/snapback]

Obviously, and trying to win the game would obviously take precedence over playing for penalties. Better than bringing Jamie Carragher on to miss one though.