8 large baking potatoes, peeled and quartered

2 teaspoons butter, divided

1/2 cup milk, or as needed

salt and pepper to taste

1 1/2 pounds beef sausage

1/2 cup diced onion

1 (.75 ounce) package dry brown gravy mix

1 cup water, or as needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, and mash with 1 teaspoon of butter, and enough milk to reach your desired creaminess. Continue mashing, or beat with an electric mixer, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until heated through. Remove from pan, and set aside. Add remaining teaspoon of butter to the skillet, and fry the onions over medium heat until tender. Mix gravy mix and water as directed on the package, and add to the skillet with the onions. Simmer, stirring constantly, to form a thick gravy.

Pour half of the gravy into a square casserole dish so that is coats the bottom. Place sausages in a layer over the gravy (you can butterfly the sausages if you wish). Pour remaining gravy over them, then top with mashed potatoes.

Bake uncovered for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until potatoes are evenly brown.

:lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be amazed if anyone disagreed in the slightest.

146748[/snapback]

what ? Warmonger George ?

What about him being a martyr ?

What about the proof that he was a terrorist killer ?

What would you have done to him, if he had turned up at Dover claiming asylum ?

146750[/snapback]

He was a known terrorist and mass murderer Leazes. I doubt any person on this board would have a problem in his assassination. Remember in the previous thread, the only post you agreed with me on was that Hussein should have been taken out 20 years ago? So why are you surprised by my response?

Btw, that word in bold is a pretty crucial point I think. Are you going to answer my final post on the other thread now?

146753[/snapback]

Abu Hamza was a known to be involved in terrorism. What was your stance on him being free for a long time ?

146830[/snapback]

My stance is enough evidence was gathered to put him on trial and he was then arrested, and rightly so. My stance is I back the authorities on this, whatever Leazes Mag states.

What's your stance? Bit of an odd question if you ask me.

146835[/snapback]

He was arrested, but it was years too late. While he was free, his mosque preached hatred, stored arms and trained bombers. Do you really think this is desirable ?

Guest alex

Abu Hamza, who is a grade A cunt btw, has been locked up for 7 years for 'preaching hate'. Geezers in the IRA who killed people got let out after a couple of years (thanks to the Good Friday Agreement) including iirc the bloke who killed two kids with the Warrington Bomb. Is that desirable?

146748[/snapback]

146750[/snapback]

He was a known terrorist and mass murderer Leazes. I doubt any person on this board would have a problem in his assassination. Remember in the previous thread, the only post you agreed with me on was that Hussein should have been taken out 20 years ago? So why are you surprised by my response?

Btw, that word in bold is a pretty crucial point I think. Are you going to answer my final post on the other thread now?

146753[/snapback]

Abu Hamza was a known to be involved in terrorism. What was your stance on him being free for a long time ?

146830[/snapback]

My stance is enough evidence was gathered to put him on trial and he was then arrested, and rightly so. My stance is I back the authorities on this, whatever Leazes Mag states.

146835[/snapback]

He was arrested, but it was years too late. While he was free, his mosque preached hatred, stored arms and trained bombers. Do you really think this is desirable ?

147078[/snapback]

Well whatever, I don't know the ins and outs of it, or why he wasn't arrested sooner. Was it not because he was under surveillance? Sometimes you can get a better result if you observe a known terrorist or terrorist sympathiser, rather than go straight in and risk a failed conviction? Pretty sure this is what happened in Northern Ireland.

Regardless, Leazes will be on here later saying that if I had my way I give him a grant and pat him on the back or something equally inane........

146748[/snapback]

:razz:

146750[/snapback]

146753[/snapback]

146830[/snapback]

146835[/snapback]

147078[/snapback]

Well whatever, I don't know the ins and outs of it, or why he wasn't arrested sooner. Was it not because he was under surveillance? Sometimes you can get a better result if you observe a known terrorist or terrorist sympathiser, rather than go straight in and risk a failed conviction? Pretty sure this is what happened in Northern Ireland.

Regardless, Leazes will be on here later saying that if I had my way I give him a grant and pat him on the back or something equally inane........

147087[/snapback]

http://www.al-bab.com/yemen/hamza/hamza1.htm

you said that a known terrorist would be detained. Hamza was a known terrorist for many years, and wasn't detained. So you were talking out of your arse mate.

It is obvious that this only happened because they were not able to legally charge him, even though he was known , which means our laws are inadequate.

To say differently is obviously talking out of your arse again.

He also claimed everything our benefits system allowed during that time.

Rather than admit you are wrong, you say 'well whatever'.

Abu Hamza, who is a grade A cunt btw, has been locked up for 7 years for 'preaching hate'. Geezers in the IRA who killed people got let out after a couple of years (thanks to the Good Friday Agreement) including iirc the bloke who killed two kids with the Warrington Bomb. Is that desirable?

147084[/snapback]

Yes, they're not black tbh

where's the garden advice when youneed it?

146938[/snapback]

First I got left out of the sweepstake and now people steal my gardening ideas. Xenophobic right-wing, warmonging Brits tbh :razz:

And I think this thread was crying for an advice of how to cut daisies...

Delighting in Daisies

A garden chock full of nothing but daisies would be pretty boring. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't plant at least two-dozen more varieties than we do now.

Daisies represent what's so right about gardening. They're wonderful, cheerful, exuberant flowers, simple, sophisticated and every compliment in between. They're often the first blooms young children pick to give to their mothers. And yet, daisies never stop speaking to the child in most of us.

Planting daisies in abundance is equivalent to hanging a floral "welcome to my garden" plaque on the front gate. And at the opposite end of the trowel that's weeding them, most likely rests the hand of a gardener who's open, friendly, sharing, and ... smiling.

Nature must consider daisies one of her finer accomplishments--and justifiably so--because she provides us with such a dazzling array of daisies and daisy-like flowers. Gardeners can select from a rainbow of colors in any number of sizes. Many are perennial, though there are lots of annual daisies, too.

"Daisy" is rather a generic term referring to blooms with a central "disk," made up of hundreds of tiny fertile flowers, surrounded by delicate, brightly-colored "rays," or petals. Because each multiple flower resembles a single bloom (at least to our eyes, if not to the insects that pollinate them), daisies were for years known as "composites" and embraced by the family Compositae.

Botanists could no longer abide it, however. Several years ago, daisies were switched to the aster family, Asteraceae. Indeed, many of them do look like asters ... or is it the other way around?

With a little planning, your garden need never be without some daisies blooming, from early spring until well after frost. Jump-start the season with the daisy-like blooms of Anemone blanda. They're not really daisies, but they'll fool passersby. Plant the tiny anemone bulbs in fall for long-lasting early spring blooms in white or blue.

Following soon after Anemone blanda comes the English daisy (Bellis perennis). This species is generally recognized as the original "daisy" (from the Old English "day's eye"), referring to the way the charming pink and white blossoms open with the sun. Bellis perennis combines joyfully with forget-me-nots in the spring garden.

Also a bit temperamental is the short-lived fleabane daisy (Erigeron spp.). Beautiful blue aster-like blossoms are so sweet, however, and sprawly plants bloom for such a long time each spring that fleabane seems worth the trouble. It's not a regular in my garden, but I start some every few years just to renew by relationship with this old friend. Into the heat of the summer we plunge--a glorious time for daisies! The snow-white petals of Shasta daisy (Leucanthemum superbum) wink a cheerful greeting from the perennial border, where they cavort splendidly with daylilies of all shades.

I like 'Becky' the best, for stout stems that don't need staking, but 'Alaska' and 'Switzerland' have their share of fans, too. 'Snowcap' is a dwarf variety. Perfect for cottage gardens are the tall yellow stems of golden marguerite daisies (Anthemis tinctoria). Tireless bloomers in the bright summer sun, perhaps they wear themselves out, because individual plants last only a couple of years.

Prolong their stay in your garden by cutting back spent flower stems (the same is true for most types of daisies) to the basal leaves and making frequent divisions of small offshoots.

No space for a perennial border? Container gardeners can choose from a lively selection of annual daisies. Charming in a windowbox or large urn is the cascading foliage of African daisy (Osteospermum ecklonis). I'm partial to the white form, for the metallic blue "eye" is unique, but the newer purple variety seems a bit more generous with its blooms.

Gerbera daisies are handsome annuals and available in a host of classy colors--the deep salmon has no rival. To get around the fact that Gerberas are rather stingy with their flowers, try combining them in containers with pretty herbs or the delicate blooms of baby's breath.

Early autumn is when daisies really shine, thanks in no small part to the very special Nippon daisy (Nipponanthemum nipponicum). Bold semi-succulent foliage gives rise to 3-foot flower stems covered with large snow-white blooms.

Combine them with the gracious blue mounds of late-blooming Aster x frikartii (another daisy-like plant) and the golden sprays of 'Fireworks' goldenrod for a spectacular conclusion to the floral season.

(Lindsay Bond Totten, a horticulturist, writes about gardening for Scripps Howard News Service.)

where's the garden advice when youneed it?

146938[/snapback]

First I got left out of the sweepstake and now people steal my gardening ideas. Xenophobic right-wing, warmonging Brits tbh :blush:

And I think this thread was crying for an advice of how to cut daisies...

Delighting in Daisies

A garden chock full of nothing but daisies would be pretty boring. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't plant at least two-dozen more varieties than we do now.

Daisies represent what's so right about gardening. They're wonderful, cheerful, exuberant flowers, simple, sophisticated and every compliment in between. They're often the first blooms young children pick to give to their mothers. And yet, daisies never stop speaking to the child in most of us.

Planting daisies in abundance is equivalent to hanging a floral "welcome to my garden" plaque on the front gate. And at the opposite end of the trowel that's weeding them, most likely rests the hand of a gardener who's open, friendly, sharing, and ... smiling.

Nature must consider daisies one of her finer accomplishments--and justifiably so--because she provides us with such a dazzling array of daisies and daisy-like flowers. Gardeners can select from a rainbow of colors in any number of sizes. Many are perennial, though there are lots of annual daisies, too.

"Daisy" is rather a generic term referring to blooms with a central "disk," made up of hundreds of tiny fertile flowers, surrounded by delicate, brightly-colored "rays," or petals. Because each multiple flower resembles a single bloom (at least to our eyes, if not to the insects that pollinate them), daisies were for years known as "composites" and embraced by the family Compositae.

Botanists could no longer abide it, however. Several years ago, daisies were switched to the aster family, Asteraceae. Indeed, many of them do look like asters ... or is it the other way around?

With a little planning, your garden need never be without some daisies blooming, from early spring until well after frost. Jump-start the season with the daisy-like blooms of Anemone blanda. They're not really daisies, but they'll fool passersby. Plant the tiny anemone bulbs in fall for long-lasting early spring blooms in white or blue.

Following soon after Anemone blanda comes the English daisy (Bellis perennis). This species is generally recognized as the original "daisy" (from the Old English "day's eye"), referring to the way the charming pink and white blossoms open with the sun. Bellis perennis combines joyfully with forget-me-nots in the spring garden.

Also a bit temperamental is the short-lived fleabane daisy (Erigeron spp.). Beautiful blue aster-like blossoms are so sweet, however, and sprawly plants bloom for such a long time each spring that fleabane seems worth the trouble. It's not a regular in my garden, but I start some every few years just to renew by relationship with this old friend. Into the heat of the summer we plunge--a glorious time for daisies! The snow-white petals of Shasta daisy (Leucanthemum superbum) wink a cheerful greeting from the perennial border, where they cavort splendidly with daylilies of all shades.

I like 'Becky' the best, for stout stems that don't need staking, but 'Alaska' and 'Switzerland' have their share of fans, too. 'Snowcap' is a dwarf variety. Perfect for cottage gardens are the tall yellow stems of golden marguerite daisies (Anthemis tinctoria). Tireless bloomers in the bright summer sun, perhaps they wear themselves out, because individual plants last only a couple of years.

Prolong their stay in your garden by cutting back spent flower stems (the same is true for most types of daisies) to the basal leaves and making frequent divisions of small offshoots.

No space for a perennial border? Container gardeners can choose from a lively selection of annual daisies. Charming in a windowbox or large urn is the cascading foliage of African daisy (Osteospermum ecklonis). I'm partial to the white form, for the metallic blue "eye" is unique, but the newer purple variety seems a bit more generous with its blooms.

Gerbera daisies are handsome annuals and available in a host of classy colors--the deep salmon has no rival. To get around the fact that Gerberas are rather stingy with their flowers, try combining them in containers with pretty herbs or the delicate blooms of baby's breath.

Early autumn is when daisies really shine, thanks in no small part to the very special Nippon daisy (Nipponanthemum nipponicum). Bold semi-succulent foliage gives rise to 3-foot flower stems covered with large snow-white blooms.

Combine them with the gracious blue mounds of late-blooming Aster x frikartii (another daisy-like plant) and the golden sprays of 'Fireworks' goldenrod for a spectacular conclusion to the floral season.

(Lindsay Bond Totten, a horticulturist, writes about gardening for Scripps Howard News Service.)

147316[/snapback]

aaahhhh...daisies...I loves em... :razz:

147084[/snapback]

Yes, they're not black tbh

147313[/snapback]

think you're getting your knickers in a bit of a twist now here ... who let the IRA scum out and why

146748[/snapback]

146750[/snapback]

146753[/snapback]

146830[/snapback]

146835[/snapback]

147078[/snapback]

147087[/snapback]

you said that a known terrorist would be detained. Hamza was a known terrorist for many years, and wasn't detained. So you were talking out of your arse mate.

It is obvious that this only happened because they were not able to legally charge him, even though he was known , which means our laws are inadequate.

147177[/snapback]

I see there is a real rush to respond to this one

146748[/snapback]

146750[/snapback]

146753[/snapback]

146830[/snapback]

146835[/snapback]

147078[/snapback]

147087[/snapback]

147177[/snapback]

147338[/snapback]

My internet connection was down - have you answered if you are a supporter of the BNP yet - this is the eighth time I've asked you now - yes or no?

Tyne Bridge, I don't know much about the background of Abu Hamza, but I'd think there was a bit of a difference between him, being kept under surveillance in London, and this Zarquawi person, who was roaming the streets of Iraq, actively killing people. I'd imagine the army got some information which they had to act on then and there, and took the opportunity to take him out, which I applaud. If you can't see the difference though, then that's your problem.

Perhaps you think this is a hypocritical stance? Well if you do, your problem is with the government and legal system with this country, not me. Personally though, I don't have a problem with how Hamza has been dealt with, and I think keeping him under surveillance might have yielded some important information about terrorists, although this is specualtion, I admit.

Nice insults in what was a civil conversation btw, well done.

146748[/snapback]

146750[/snapback]

146753[/snapback]

146830[/snapback]

146835[/snapback]

147078[/snapback]

147087[/snapback]

147177[/snapback]

147338[/snapback]

My internet connection was down - have you answered if you are a supporter of the BNP yet - this is the eighth time I've asked you now - yes or no?

Tyne Bridge, I don't know much about the background of Abu Hamza, but I'd think there was a bit of a difference between him, being kept under surveillance in London, and this Zarquawi person, who was roaming the streets of Iraq, actively killing people. I'd imagine the army got some information which they had to act on then and there, and took the opportunity to take him out, which I applaud. If you can't see the difference though, then that's your problem.

Perhaps you think this is a hypocritical stance? Well if you do, your problem is with the government and legal system with this country, not me. Personally though, I don't have a problem with how Hamza has been dealt with, and I think keeping him under surveillance might have yielded some important information about terrorists, although this is specualtion, I admit.

Nice insults in what was a civil conversation btw, well done.

147386[/snapback]

tsch tsch.....you still haven't read my post yet.

As I said, typical left winger, anyone who thinks they aren't a raving do gooder is a fascist right winger and not "intelligent" like they are.

Typically hypocritical too, that you object to me making assumptions about you, but its OK for you to make them yourself about others. Not very intelligent, is it ?

None of your assumptions about me are correct.

Have you read it yet ? Can you really read ? Having medical "qualifications" - I hope you got them before they started giving qualifications away like confetti BTW - makes you an expert in the field of warfare, security and defence of the country ... great laugh that one. :blush::slap:;)

Why don't you answer the point about Hamza correctly . At least you admit its a hypocritical stance I suppose, the nearest you will come to admitting you are talking complete rubbish.

:angry:

Edited by LeazesMag

As I said, typical left winger, anyone who thinks they aren't a raving do gooder is a fascist right winger and not "intelligent" like they are.

Typically hypocritical too, that you object to me making assumptions about you, but its OK for you to make them yourself about others. Not very intelligent, is it ?

Have you read it yet ? Can you really read ? Having medical "qualifications" - I hope you got them before they started giving qualifications away like confetti BTW - makes you an expert in the field of warfare, security and defence of the country ... great laugh that one.  :razz:  :blush:  :slap:

Why don't you answer the point about Hamza correctly .  At least you admit its a hypocritical stance I suppose, the nearest you will come to admitting you are talking complete rubbish.

;)

147406[/snapback]

Jesus wept what a complete joke you are. For the third time, what post are you talking about? Tell me the thread and post number and I'll read it. And for the ninth time, are you a supporter of the BNP or not - yes or no? If you don't want me to make assumptions just answer this!

Btw, just because it appears you are too thick to realise what the point was when me and others stated what we studied at Uni, it was in response to you claiming our view points had come from "fancy Dan" lecturers, which was patent nonsense, as for the most part we didn't study humanities or politics (not that that should matter).

Now, just answer the question, please. Or do you think I'll stop asking it? Because I won't.

all well and good Isegrim, but what is the best, brightest flower to have in my Area (North East of England, on the coast) ?

Leave it Renton, he's just not worth it

147443[/snapback]

You're right Spongebob. I don't want any more contact with LM, I was just trying to get him to admit what he really is before I called time. His refusal to answer this question though answers it anyway I guess, and I'm sure it is clear to everyone who has read these threads what his character is.

I really like 90% of the people on this board, even when I disagree. I guess it's inevitable your going to get the odd unpleasent character though, and I shouldn't let it get to me. Leazes Mag is a joke. But any joke pretty soon becomes unfunny when it is told several times, which is where we are now with him. Gardening advice is needed indeed.

Have you read it yet ? Can you really read ? Having medical "qualifications" - I hope you got them before they started giving qualifications away like confetti BTW - makes you an expert in the field of warfare, security and defence of the country ... great laugh that one.  :razz:  :blush:  :slap:

Why don't you answer the point about Hamza correctly .  At least you admit its a hypocritical stance I suppose, the nearest you will come to admitting you are talking complete rubbish.

;)

147406[/snapback]

Jesus wept what a complete joke you are. For the third time, what post are you talking about? Tell me the thread and post number and I'll read it. And for the ninth time, are you a supporter of the BNP or not - yes or no? If you don't want me to make assumptions just answer this!

Btw, just because it appears you are too thick to realise what the point was when me and others stated what we studied at Uni, it was in response to you claiming our view points had come from "fancy Dan" lecturers, which was patent nonsense, as for the most part we didn't study humanities or politics (not that that should matter).

Now, just answer the question, please. Or do you think I'll stop asking it? Because I won't.

147442[/snapback]

typical response of a clever left winger, as I've said. "Im more intelligent than you, you can't disagree with me. Boo Hoo". I have answered your silly question 4 times now, you are obviously too thick to understand a reply. So I can only say, I am glad I don't have the "qualifications" you have...because they are obviously worthless.

What a pompous prick you are !!! :angry:

Why don't you make an intelligent reply to the point in the other thread about Hamza ?

Have you read it yet .........

;)

147406[/snapback]

147442[/snapback]

typical response of a clever left winger, as I've said. "Im more intelligent than you, you can't disagree with me. Boo Hoo". I have answered your silly question 4 times now, you are obviously too thick to understand a reply. So I can only say, I am glad I don't have the "qualifications" you have...because they are obviously worthless.

Why don't you make an intelligent reply to the point in the other thread about Hamza ?

147459[/snapback]

:(

Tenth and last time Leazes, are you a supporter of the BNP? Yes or no? If you have answered this question 4 times already, direct me to one of them by thread name and post number, because I must have missed it.

I was hoping for an answer at last there, as LM was replying to this thread, but now he's pissed off again. :razz:

Tell you what Leazes, don't bother. After asking you 10 times now and you refusing to answer, I'm sure people can make their own minds up.

;)

147406[/snapback]

147442[/snapback]

147459[/snapback]

:(

Tenth and last time Leazes, are you a supporter of the BNP? Yes or no? If you have answered this question 4 times already, direct me to one of them by thread name and post number, because I must have missed it.

147462[/snapback]

For the 5th or 6th time, I have answered your question, you should learn to read.

Have you read it yet ?

Why is it so important to you anyway ?

Anyway, you are distracting from the issue, which is that your statement that the UK would detain terrorist has been proven to be wrontg, as is your statement that adequate measures have been taken in the UK to detain terrorists. Both of which were shown to be rubbish

Just a reminder of the thread earlier on ........

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...30entry146830

I was hoping for an answer at last there, as LM was replying to this thread, but now he's pissed off again.  ;)

Tell you what Leazes, don't bother. After asking you 10 times now and you refusing to answer, I'm sure people can make their own minds up.

147463[/snapback]

I'm sure they can. And outside of the handful of your mates on here, I'm sure most people will think the idea of waiting for a bomb to go off and allowing the terrorists to go free and do it is the thoughts of nothing other than a fuckin nutcase :razz::blush::slap:

Fine, so be it.

You won't admit or deny membership or support of a political party, that's up to you (as I've said, personally I've nothing to hide). I've "talked" to you enough to you now to draw my own conclusions, and the beauty of a web forum is everyone else can read our "conversations" and come to their own conclusions too.

Not a great ending to our "debates" but so be it, I'm taking the sage advice from Spongebob from now on, definitely this time.

Oh, btw, are you not going to comment on the other thread you started, given today's news regarding the innocence of those lads? I think you should, but for once, don't expect a response from me.

Fine, so be it.

You won't admit or deny membership or support of a political party, that's up to you (as I've said, personally I've nothing to hide). I've "talked" to you enough to you now to draw my own conclusions, and the beauty of a web forum is everyone else can read our "conversations" and come to their own conclusions too.

Not a great ending to our "debates" but so be it, I'm taking the sage advice from Spongebob from now on, definitely this time.

Oh, btw, are you not going to comment on the other thread you started, given today's news regarding the innocence of those lads? I think you should, but for once, don't expect a response from me.

147468[/snapback]

For the last time, I have answered your post. You should learn to read. Someone of your vast intelligence should be able to see that.

You show - again - your ignorance of matters concering security and defence of public safety. The simple fact is - police must act on intelligence received, although I realise you would rather suspected killers would be free, while you wait for the bomb to go off for your conclusive proof.

You show - again - your ignorance of matters concering security and defence of public safety. The simple fact is - police must act on intelligence received, although I realise you would rather suspected killers would be free, while you wait for the bomb to go off for your conclusive proof.

147478[/snapback]

Can't really argue with that tbh

147478[/snapback]

Can't really argue with that tbh

147483[/snapback]

That is what they're doing though. Hasnt the chemical bomb raid proven that?

Hamza was a loud mouth who was suspected of prior terrorist links. Now if you want to follow Leazes approach the guy wouldnt have been deported as soon as this came to light. Hamza is a mouth piece, someone behind the scenes, who doesnt get his hands dirty. Ive got to assume this wasnt know when he first apllied for asylum. Seeing as Leazes is the one who thinks he knows about security and intelligence I find it strange that you would have policy of killing any intelligence lead by immediately deporting a suspect. I agree entirely that these people should be eventually arrested and/or deported but it makes sense for this to only happen after the security forces feel there is no more intelligence to gain from them being free. The people in charge who know a lot more about his then either you or I and certainly more than Leazes have to make that decision. Its a difficult job but no doubt they'll have to weigh public safety with potential intelligence and the greater good that may do for future public safety. They probably have to make that decision daily.

Edited by luckypierre