Beckham or own goal

Holden McGroin

Its time they made the rule very simple and leave no room for interpretation.

Just give the goal to the last person on the attackign team who touched it. It won't matter if it was on target before a deflection or if it deflects at a right angle!

The defender doesn't want an own goal against his name and the attacker wants a goal to his credit so everyone benefits and you don't need a bunch of people sitting on "dubious goal panels" quite often fucking up simple decsions as to who scored.

As it stands i though they were supposed to give it to the attacker if the original effort was on target and Beckham's was, and thats before FIFA said in this world cup to give even more benefit of the doubt to the attackers.

Its time they made the rule very simple and leave no room for interpretation.

Just give the goal to the last person on the attackign team who touched it. It won't matter if it was on target before a deflection or if it deflects at a right angle!

The defender doesn't want an own goal against his name and the attacker wants a goal to his credit so everyone benefits and you don't need a bunch of people sitting on "dubious goal panels" quite often fucking up simple decsions as to who scored.

As it stands i though they were supposed to give it to the attacker if the original effort was on target and Beckham's was, and thats before FIFA said in this world cup to give even more benefit of the doubt to the attackers.

149226[/snapback]

can't say I agree with any of that. Own goals are part of the game. Clearly an own goal by the Paraguayan last week.

Remember niko dabizas great diving header own goal, think it was against spurs? I think that it would have been wrong to give it to someone else such was the brilliance.