Zzzzzzzz Zzz Zzzzzzz

Geordie Boyo

I only snore when I've had a drink.( and I blame that on the fact that I can only breathe out of one nostril as my nose has been broken three times !!)...wor lad is like a frickin train I have punched and elbowed him out of the bed so many times when he has kept me awake ;)

GB in such denial as to what the link done :P

161211[/snapback]

It just logged me out. ;)

161219[/snapback]

That was the point tbh

161256[/snapback]

Do you know there's a log-in button too? :rolleyes:

I snore if I've had a drink or if I'm laying on my back. Having stayed in a shared dorm in Berlin last week my friend tried to put a plaster on my nose, Robbie Fowler-style, in an attempt to stop me snoring.

Well, it wasn’t very pleasant to say the least. I did have to wait a few hours until the Op took place, but when it did it seemed as if I were only asleep for a matter of seconds when in fact it must have been about an hour later when I saw the time in the recovery room.

The student nurse sat down next to me kept on giving me morphine after asking how I felt. Naturally I said I was in a little bit of discomfort, but I heard her say at one point to another nurse ‘I’ve gave him ten doses of morphine’ while shaking her head. I thought you what...! I wasn’t in any great deal of pain. The next day I was, fucking hell!

I was in a ward with two other people who were having the same operation. One bloke who seemed quite relaxed saying he had something similar done before a few years back and another stocky lad maybe a couple of years older than me in the bed next to me.

We were woken up at 6.00am to have these cotton wool tubes taken out of our nose. They go right up there! Now obviously after having reduced the size of the turbinates in my nose it was full of blood, felt like about 15 pints so when these fuckers were taken out fuck did they hurt! :lol: The lad next to me was first, I heard a few yelps followed by ‘can I have some pain killers?’ then it was my turn. :lol: The Philippine nurse came over to me, told me to hold a cardboard trey underneath my chin, I was obviously shitting bricks at this point, :lol: and then she had what looked like a mini pair of pliers to take those cotton wool tubes out. As she took one out it felt like my brain was being pulled through my nose...on that note I must say don’t even bother taking the piss! :lol: Blood was pouring from my nose and down my throat. She held one side of my nose to which she pulled out the other one and the same, blood pouring out and down my throat too. She told me to nip my nose while she gave me a massive block of an ice cube to stick in my mouth to stop the blood going down my throat. Obviously I spat it straight back out to breathe! Along with 5 pints of blood....! The bloke from over the other side was next and you could hear him choking on his blood, which we were, but he was devastated, in a lot of pain and just sat silent with the curtain around him for the rest of the time.

Seconds later an African male nurse comes through telling us our breakfast will be ready next door at 6.30am...! Can’t say I was feeling too peckish at that point, tbh. :lol:

I got back home on Friday morning and I’ve’ been told I can’t go anywhere for two to three weeks where it may be polluted, smoky or dusty in case of infection. I had a look at my nose yesterday and could see a little bit of flesh and little bones sticking out...! :lol: I have to apply cream every day, boil some water with a table spoon of salt added then sniff a little bit up each nostril too to clean it, only my nose is blocked with blood making it slightly impossible.

I can’t blow my nose or lift anything heavy for one week, but the thing is when your sleeping a lot of pressure is being pushed up into your nose to breathe so I end up more or less blowing my nose while sleeping in anyways making the blood flow quick which is a bit of a carry on when your trying to sleep, especailly in this heat. I’ve barely had any sleep what so ever waking up at 5.00am or 6am every morning taking Codeine & Mandanol paracetamol tables every day. Obviously I take the Codeine 1st then go on to using the Mandanol as it’s a lot stronger, but I have to take Hayfever tablets too as on top of everything going on with my nose it’s aggravating the hell out of me too.

When I had a look at my nose Friday morning I looked like I had a nose like those shop owners off the League of Gentleman...! I was fucking furious! :lol: But it was just really swollen; the other lad looked the same. It looks back to normal on the outside, but is very swollen on the inside. :lol:

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I hope so too. The doctor who was doing the surgery told me there was a 50% chance...! I can't believe I had just been told that at that point before I was put to sleep. :lol:

I lost my rag a bit on the way out. I had to wear this nose wrap, basically a bandage that goes over your nose to stop the blood from pouring out, but to wear it you have a thin string of bandage going over behind your ears and across the front of your neck. There was two nurses passing by as I walked out with this thing on and I saw the fat one smirk so I snapped and said 'aye at least its' not permanent' while looking her up & down. :lol: I did look a bit of a prat with it on, like. :lol:

I hope so too. The doctor who was doing the surgery told me there was a 50% chance...! I can't believe I had just been told that at that point before I was put to sleep. :lol:

I lost my rag a bit on the way out. I had to wear this nose wrap, basically a bandage that goes over your nose to stop the blood from pouring out, but to wear it you have a thin string of bandage going over behind your ears and across the front of your neck. There was two nurses passing by as I walked out with this thing on and I saw the fat one smirk so I snapped and said 'aye at least its' not permanent' while looking her up & down.  :lol: I did look a bit of a prat with it on, like.  :lol:

164442[/snapback]

:lol: You prick! :lol:

I bet you look like you've got a pig's nose at the minute. :lol:

Feels like it's bigger than my head because of the swelling inside, but looks normal. I've made an appointment with my GP on Thursday as I'm not happy about there being two bits of bone sticking out from where they've cut. They didn't explain anything like this would happen so for my sake I'm going to look into it.

It was like being down the school corridor where you know you look stupid, but in this case you've got two professionals walking up towards you. They just looked straight ahead, didn’t say anything, I just glimpsed across and saw the smirk on her face and thought you cheeky cow...!

Billy, is there bone sticking out on the outside or the inside?  Do you look like one of those hogs with horns coming out of its nose? :lol:

164470[/snapback]

Shaddap Ginge! :lol: You'd have collapsed straight into a coma the moment the saw anything like that. :lol:

It was on the inside. Like two tiny chicken bones.

Shaddap Ginge!  :lol: You'd have collapsed straight into a coma the moment the saw anything like that.  :lol:

It was on the inside. Like two tiny chicken bones.

164479[/snapback]

Have you gone to a witch doctor by accident?

Billy, is there bone sticking out on the outside or the inside?  Do you look like one of those hogs with horns coming out of its nose? :lol:

164470[/snapback]

I keep reading that as "homs coming out of his nose. :lol:

them links arent for anyone with a weak stomach, looks a bit nasty mate

164508[/snapback]

Yeah, maybe I should have warned people. :lol: It doesn't feel as bad as it looks though. I've got a feeling I'll be straight back in there as soon as my gp sees this. :lol:

Urgh!  Snots! :lol:

164511[/snapback]

Nah, one or two hairs but hey who hasn't any there. There is a little bit of blood pouring down at the bottom though.....nice! :lol:

Edited by Geordie Boyo