top 50 best comedy sketches

tinofbeans

Problem is with a lot of these older comedies I watched them first as a stoned student. Now I don't indulge, and they're not funny any more. I think the young ones episode where they have a party (where Rick does his "mousey" act with a tampon) is still class though.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I always loved Vic and Bob going back to 'Big Night Out'. I was still at school when that started.

163958[/snapback]

I always thought Big Night Out was best, until I recently got the DVD.

It hasn't aged so well. Some inspired moments of genius among a lot of "very poor" stuff.

163963[/snapback]

Speaking of which, did you catch 'The Young Ones' on 'Comedy Connections'? Aged about as well as Brigitte Bardot tbh.

163967[/snapback]

'Ever Decreasing Circles' is beginning to look a bit tired as well.

163969[/snapback]

Timeless classic along with Terry and June shirley?

I was always partial to Sorry.

"TIMOTHY!"

163980[/snapback]

LANGUAGE TIMOTHY! :lol:

The theme music was class as well.

163984[/snapback]

Sorry was good like and me Mam used to love 'Just Good Friends'. I used to like 'The Good Life' mainly for Felicity Kendall tbh.

"TIMOTHY!"

163980[/snapback]

163984[/snapback]

Sorry was good like and me Mam used to love 'Just Good Friends'. I used to like 'The Good Life' mainly for Felicity Kendall tbh.

163986[/snapback]

The Good Life was class and it still works cos a lot of the humour is based on the relationships between the characters rather than shite 'in jokes' of the time. Plus the actors are top notch.

I like Dads Army though tbh so what would I know?

Looking at a lot of them the smarty sthings that we all liked as students have aged less well than the more crafted pieces.........

The Historians sketch (or Pete & Dud) now looks pathetic and childish - you laugh (a little) because you remember when you larfed and larfed and larfed out loud - but now...............................

Any fan of comedy should check out some of HTT's ideas for sit-coms tbh.

163991[/snapback]

:lol:

Quality..where are they? Has he stuck them in a thread somewhere for posterity?

"Around Europe with Alan Partridge, in a beautiful bull-nose morris...on the left"

I'd love to write a sitcom tbh.

would have been ebtter if it wasn't left up to the British public to deicde who came top of the list. Bound to pick a modern sketch.

The two ronnies "Fork handle" sketch is punnery excellence, I still quake with laughter at most Python stuff, Brass Eye is genius and what won? A fat bloke in a wheelchair diving into a pool..

oh aye... comedy Gerrrrld :lol:

would have been ebtter if it wasn't left up to the British public to deicde who came top of the list. Bound to pick a modern sketch.

The two ronnies "Fork handle" sketch is punnery excellence, I still quake with laughter at most Python stuff, Brass Eye is genius and what won? A fat bloke in a wheelchair diving into a pool..

oh aye... comedy Gerrrrld :lol:

164011[/snapback]

Good AIDS v Bad AIDS :lol:

"TIMOTHY!"

163980[/snapback]

163984[/snapback]

:lol:

It's funkier than James Brown's plughole. Had it as my ring tone for a long time.