top 50 best comedy sketches

tinofbeans

Did I hear somewhere that the Americans still like Benny Hill?

164032[/snapback]

In the same way that David Hasselhoff has been number 1 in the German charts for the past 20 years...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i always remember a Hale and Pace sketch were they were wine tasting in Italy and the fat one with the tash got progressively more and more pissed and started taking the mick out of everything italian.

Only funny thing they did.

Since we're plumbing the depths, ITV3 (or is it 4?) are always showing re-runs of 'Home to Roost' and 'Don't Wait Up'. JWTBH at those two.

I love little britain, but the scetches have no place in the top 20 last night.

I love some of the timeless humour, the fork handles sketch showed how excellent at wordplay the two ronnies were, there were numerous monty python sketchs there, the yorkshireman's sketch should have been in the top two, "i used to sleep in t'septic tank" - "oh used to dream of t'septic tank" etc, "tell kids these days...."

Morcambe and Wise i thought and still think were excellent showing you do not have to swear to get a funny joke across. Their sketch dancing behind Tom jones was a class apart.

The I know my place class sketch from the frost report with cleese/barker/corbett

Dick emery should have got a sketch or two in there as should have Les Dawson, some of that comedy is as fresh and funny today, showing most of the new upto date humour is just rehashes of good quality humour from days gone by.

sorry to rant on but there is so much missed by a supposedly upto date list which bore no resemblance of good top notch humour that this country is and has been capable of...

here endeth the lesson

Ardal O'Hanlon deserves to be flayed alive for My Hero. Should have retired after Father Ted tbh.

164049[/snapback]

Like Ted did :lol:

Big Train is a big favourite of mine, some fantastic comedy in that show.

and as for Dads Army, although the opinion police on the board will no doubt shoot me down but, that show is about as funny as cancer.

Its lone peak was the "don't tell him your name Pike" line.

I used to love Dick Emery when I was young, not sure how I'd feel if I saw it now though.

164050[/snapback]

saw some sketches recently on UK Old i think it was and yes some look dated, but some just always tickle in the right places. The vicar with the large teeth got me everytime..... cannot remember his name though

I used to love Dick Emery when I was young, not sure how I'd feel if I saw it now though.

164050[/snapback]

saw some sketches recently on UK Old i think it was and yes some look dated, but some just always tickle in the right places. The vicar with the large teeth got me everytime..... cannot remember his name though

164054[/snapback]

And the blonde - Mandy was it?

164050[/snapback]

164054[/snapback]

And the blonde - Mandy was it?

164056[/snapback]

a voracious blonde "Ooh, you are awful ... but I like you!"

The Mary Whitehouse Experience - History Today

Two crusty intellectuals abandon eloquence and intellectual discussion in favour of playground insults concluding with the iconic 'That's you that is'

'imagine you were walking through a field and you happenned to step into a cow pat, then, with your next step, you put your other foot into another cow pat - thats your £100 reeboks that is'

:lol:

Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.

Did I hear somewhere that the Americans still like Benny Hill?

164032[/snapback]

He's constantly on one of the comedy channels over here, doesn't get any better in French.

Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.

164069[/snapback]

Fnarr Fnarr

Viz should have sued tbh.

I couldn't resist drawing Scott's attention to them tbh

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/...c,15928.40.html

164004[/snapback]

I have a few ideas for sketches too, similar to the Fast Show but funnier.

:lol: Sorry, but that's fucking genius, reminds me of a line out of Nathan Barley:

TV EXEC: Like Swift as Jackass.

BARLEY: Or even faster!

:lol:

Edited by DotBum

Ardal O'Hanlon deserves to be flayed alive for My Hero. Should have retired after Father Ted tbh.

164049[/snapback]

Like Ted did :lol:

164052[/snapback]

:lol: Harsh, but fair.