From True Faith.

sammynb

I find it a little strange that Harewood hasn't been labelled a one season wonder yet. He stuggled to get in their team the season before last FFS!

I'd pay £2m for him, nothing more. The £8.5m West Ham want is just fucking stupid. They know full well we're desperate for a striker so they've added 6 or 7 million onto it.

168986[/snapback]

I'd go as far as a straight swap for Milner, so what 3m max but at no point in this discussion have we spoken about price.

8.5m is a joke but the club seems to have a habit of backing themselves into this corner every season.

If money was no object and taking into account the reality of the player actually wanting to play for Newcastle, Huntelaar would be my first choice.

Sammy's mid-post, and I'm betting he's FURIOUS with you two and your lack of knowledge of what The Marlon can do. ;)

169002[/snapback]

Why Gemmill? ;)

169004[/snapback]

Because The Marlon is the shiznit. :)

I find it a little strange that Harewood hasn't been labelled a one season wonder yet. He stuggled to get in their team the season before last FFS!

I'd pay £2m for him, nothing more. The £8.5m West Ham want is just fucking stupid. They know full well we're desperate for a striker so they've added 6 or 7 million onto it.

168986[/snapback]

I'd go as far as a straight swap for Milner, so what 3m max but at no point in this discussion have we spoken about price.

8.5m is a joke but the club seems to have a habit of backing themselves into this corner every season.

If money was no object and taking into account the reality of the player actually wanting to play for Newcastle, Huntelaar would be my first choice.

169003[/snapback]

I'd take a straight swap for Milner too.

Mainly because I think Milner will never make it here, and we're desperate for strikers. Bit of a no-brainer really.

Sammy's mid-post, and I'm betting he's FURIOUS with you two and your lack of knowledge of what The Marlon can do. ;)

169002[/snapback]

Why Gemmill? ;)

169004[/snapback]

Because The Marlon is the shiznit. :)

169006[/snapback]

:)

I'd take a straight swap for Milner too.

Mainly because I think Milner will never make it here, and we're desperate for strikers. Bit of a no-brainer really.

Not according to some! ;)

Defoe and Ashton are both better English strikers than Harewood.  If he's better than Shola, it's not by much.  That is a fact.

168896[/snapback]

Listen to this man.

On his day, Harewood is a good player and is capable of scoring goals, but more often than not when he isn't scoring he can be awful.

Prone to hissy fits when he's been subbed too.

Sign him for 3 million tops, otherwise feck off.

Marlon Harewood (West Ham) is a name that keeps being bandied about and certainly you can see where the manager is coming from in terms of getting in a player with strength, pace and a decent eye for goal. I don't think this lad comes in the 24-carat variety of striker that was being bandied about irresponsibly by some sections of the media a couple of months ago (i.e. Van Nistleroy) but he's a striker who could do very well at NUFC given the strength of the service to him from a strong looking midfield (Emre, Solano, N'Zogbia, Duff) and of course dependant upon who he has alongside him. His West Ham striking partner, Dean Ashton has also been mentioned and both do a similar job, though Ashton is not as mobile.

168892[/snapback]

Sir Les is a jewel encrusted, 24-carat gold, religious artefact, so you're still way out on your own there Sammy. I get pretty much every Premiership match live over here, so by your logic I know more about Premiership football than any of you; but we all knew that anyway. ;)

Edited by DotBum

Marlon Harewood (West Ham) is a name that keeps being bandied about and certainly you can see where the manager is coming from in terms of getting in a player with strength, pace and a decent eye for goal. I don't think this lad comes in the 24-carat variety of striker that was being bandied about irresponsibly by some sections of the media a couple of months ago (i.e. Van Nistleroy) but he's a striker who could do very well at NUFC given the strength of the service to him from a strong looking midfield (Emre, Solano, N'Zogbia, Duff) and of course dependant upon who he has alongside him. His West Ham striking partner, Dean Ashton has also been mentioned and both do a similar job, though Ashton is not as mobile.

168892[/snapback]

Sir Les is a jewel encrusted, 24-carat gold, religious artefact, so you're still way out on your own there Sammy. I get pretty much every Premiership match live over here, so by your logic I know more about Premiership football than any of you; but we all knew that anyway. ;)

169096[/snapback]

Have you coached soccer in Australia though?

Have you coached soccer in Australia though?

169103[/snapback]

No, I've coached humans*.

*Lies

169110[/snapback]

Ah so you have coached in Australia.

Those pesky kangaroos, don't you hate how they refuse to hold the team's shape and the way they keep tucking in!

It's like Souness said, in the modern game winger kangaroos no longer exist. ;)