Call centres

Southern Geordie

Aye the standard of English has always been fine when i've called. After all, it isn't their first language and we're expecting them to understand a rant about a telephone charger!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I had to phone the warranty dept. of a well known copier/scanner/printer company recently.

Our machine was gubbed but still under warranty and i had to organise a replacement.

Conversation went something like this:

"Hello may i help you? This is Elvis speaking"

Me:"Elvis? Seriously?"

"Yes sir. How are the weathers you are having?"

Me:"It's Scotland mate. It's raining. Now about this printer......"

By this time i'm just pissing myself with laughter. To be fair to the bloke, he did get me a replacement machine......eventually.

tttt by far the worst customer service person I ever dealt with was Scottish, and I mean by a country mile. :lol:

193057[/snapback]

Aye, we're a right shower o' bastards up here...... :yes

193058[/snapback]

I think she was probably the exception to the rule, she was a psychotic off her medication tbs tbs.

Bastards though, aye probably. :lol:

tttt by far the worst customer service person I ever dealt with was Scottish, and I mean by a country mile. :lol:

193057[/snapback]

Aye, we're a right shower o' bastards up here...... :)

193058[/snapback]

I think she was probably the exception to the rule, she was a psychotic off her medication tbs tbs.

Bastards though, aye probably. :yes

193063[/snapback]

Youse love us.

I never got the slightest bit of hassle when i was down there. Cockneys on the other hand.... :angry:

My mate works in a call centre for a leading bank, and he's the biggest pisstaker i know. Every time you phone they're going to be laughing around their office at your voice, what you say etc. It's the law in call centres, he says. :lol:

Youse love us.

I never got the slightest bit of hassle when i was down there. Cockneys on the other hand.... :lol:

My mate works in a call centre for a leading bank, and he's the biggest pisstaker i know. Every time you phone they're going to be laughing around their office at your voice, what you say etc. It's the law in call centres, he says. :lol:

193067[/snapback]

Rightly so, they'd be bored out of their tiny minds, otherwise!

I'm Irish btw, but I think you lot are in fairly safe hands in Ireland too.

Youse love us.

I never got the slightest bit of hassle when i was down there. Cockneys on the other hand.... :lol:

193067[/snapback]

Rightly so, they'd be bored out of their tiny minds, otherwise!

I'm Irish btw, but I think you lot are in fairly safe hands in Ireland too.

193071[/snapback]

I wondered what that wee green and white flag was. i thought you were Nigerian. :yes

I wondered what that wee green and white flag was. i thought you were Nigerian. :lol:

193182[/snapback]

I was a bit drunk colouring that in, so green white and green it is, so it is. :lol:

I wondered what that wee green and white flag was. i thought you were Nigerian. :lol:

193182[/snapback]

I was a bit drunk colouring that in, so green white and green it is, so it is. :lol:

193184[/snapback]

At least you got the saltire right! The colour even looks the real thing. (Pantone 500).

Nowt to do with me! I've got the Nigerian flag because Obafemi Martins is Nigerian. It was Dixie before that.

I think that's pantone 300 btw, I only know that because I had to look up what the feck you were talking about. :lol:

Nowt to do with me!  I've got the Nigerian flag because Obafemi Martins is Nigerian.  It was Dixie before that.

I think that's pantone 300 btw, I only know that because I had to look up what the feck you were talking about. :lol:

193193[/snapback]

Aye, well i only remember the pantone thing because one of the other Ayr boys is a complete nerd who remembers stuff like that. Not me. No. :yes

BTW, when i get to 49 posts, does it go to 100? :lol:

Aye, well i only remember the pantone thing because one of the other Ayr boys is a complete nerd who remembers stuff like that. Not me. No. :lol:

BTW, when i get to 49 posts, does it go to 100? :lol:

193196[/snapback]

Did the site make the little "level up" sound when you got to 20 posts?

Whats been bugging me of late is the call centres that ring me asking me to transfer money onto my credit cards. Or the worst yet was transfer the available balance on my card (few grand) into my bank account! How mad do they think I am. As soon as I answer I can tell they are trying to sell something so I start to say "no thank you, not interested" takes me an age to get rid of them.

Started hanging up on a few much to the disgust of my wife. Then she got one and was kept on the phone for ages :lol: Yes I know, only doing their job yadda yadda, but hwo about Im only trying to have a bit of peace after getting in from work!

Then, at work our banks (barlcays) call centre is india (or similar) and Id say maybe half of them I talk to are fine and the other half we really struggle with.

The worst Ive had was BT Broadband. Talk about steam coming out of my ears.