Corals NOT giving odds on NUFC relegation.

Ugly Mackems

My yid friend is at work now in Corals, saying its 40-1 for relegation

Does he mind you calling him a yid. Do you have any none white friends?

No he doesn`t mind, although until you wrote that I never knew it was an offensive word towards Jews. Learn something new everyday.

As for the non - white friends I have more friends of ethnic minority than white friends, i`m not exactly white myself, one of them plays for NUFC as it so happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yid

Football terminology

An exceptional non-offensive use of Yid by non-Jews is when it is by a member or supporter of English Premiership soccer team Tottenham Hotspur to refer to another fan or player on the team. Tottenham Hotspur are nicknamed "The Yids" due to the large Jewish population of their North London location - although this is not necessarily reflected in their actual fanbase.

It is debatable whether, despite the fact that the Tottenham Hotspur's fan base is largely non-Jewish, the use of the word 'Yid' in this context is acceptable, given that 'Yid' is also (as stated above) used as an offensive term about Jews.

It'a a bit like the mackems. What started off as an offensive piss take from their neighbours (us) was adopted by themselves as an identity.

Must admit I cringe when I hear the word yid though.

I`m not sure I will be using that word anymore. Now I know its origin. Its not worth it if it can be seen as very offensive in a non-football context.

If 40/1 was right then thats a damn good bet, the thought of betting against the Toon isnt a good one but at the end of the day thats got to be worth a tenner of anyones cash.

At the end of the day, we're playing shite, havent strengthened our squad, have a history of being injury prone and to top it all off appear to be subject to an FA investigation into irregularities, theres always the chance of points deductions there.

As much as it pains me, the pain of Championship football would be dulled by the extra cash in the skyrocket.

EDIT: Fooooooook me, Im turning into Ron Manager, two uses of "at the end of the day" in the same post! ;)

My yid friend is at work now in Corals, saying its 40-1 for relegation

Does he mind you calling him a yid. Do you have any none white friends?

No he doesn`t mind, although until you wrote that I never knew it was an offensive word towards Jews. Learn something new everyday.

As for the non - white friends I have more friends of ethnic minority than white friends, i`m not exactly white myself, one of them plays for NUFC as it so happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yid

Football terminology

An exceptional non-offensive use of Yid by non-Jews is when it is by a member or supporter of English Premiership soccer team Tottenham Hotspur to refer to another fan or player on the team. Tottenham Hotspur are nicknamed "The Yids" due to the large Jewish population of their North London location - although this is not necessarily reflected in their actual fanbase.

It is debatable whether, despite the fact that the Tottenham Hotspur's fan base is largely non-Jewish, the use of the word 'Yid' in this context is acceptable, given that 'Yid' is also (as stated above) used as an offensive term about Jews.

It'a a bit like the mackems. What started off as an offensive piss take from their neighbours (us) was adopted by themselves as an identity.

Must admit I cringe when I hear the word yid though.

I`m not sure I will be using that word anymore. Now I know its origin. Its not worth it if it can be seen as very offensive in a non-football context.

That is one of the things I hate about bigotry. You were using that word Yid. When looked at it just means Jew. But in the language Yiddish which is a mix of Hebrew and old high german it just means man or bloke. So the word has been hijacked by the biggoted few.

If he doesn't mind you calling him that then don't stop using it. The context of how it is said should mean more than the word itself. For you the word yid just means mate.

If 40/1 was right then thats a damn good bet, the thought of betting against the Toon isnt a good one but at the end of the day thats got to be worth a tenner of anyones cash.

At the end of the day, we're playing shite, havent strengthened our squad, have a history of being injury prone and to top it all off appear to be subject to an FA investigation into irregularities, theres always the chance of points deductions there.

As much as it pains me, the pain of Championship football would be dulled by the extra cash in the skyrocket.

EDIT: Fooooooook me, Im turning into Ron Manager, two uses of "at the end of the day" in the same post! ;)

Yeah I was doing the maths last night, its sounds crazy a few games in, but if you think of all the positions we havn`t strengthened. Our squad is tiny in height and the amount of players. I really believe despite Owen saying he will be back April we won`t see him until next season. When I think back to when SBR was in charge there were a certain 7 players I`m not naming that showed actual passion in there play, a real desire to win. Now it`s probably just Given and Parker. With such a small squad europe could cripple us.

You missed out we have a manager who has a history of getting teams relegated in his second season in charge, even good ones (West Ham). And a useless prick as a chairman.

You missed out we have a manager who has a history of getting teams relegated in his second season in charge, even good ones (West Ham). And a useless prick as a chairman.

I really didnt want to include the whole superstition thing but yeah, finishing 7th last season with the way things are now suddenly makes you believe in fate.