Fuck me do not read Glenn's comments in the chr

bobbyshinton

I am amazed that Leazes keeps coming back to these threads where people are kicking his arse with common sense, for more punishment. The fact that he's completely oblivious to how stupid his arguments, or "facts" as he likes to call them, are might have something to do with it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...Shepherd took over in 97-98, day after the Barcelona game IIRC

Our finishes since then

13th, 13th, 11th, 11th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 14th, 7th

I make that 81. Divide that by the 9, that makes a nice round 9.

9th.

Our average posistion is 9th.

Edited by Sima

Our finishes since then

9th.

Didnt Shepherd take over in Dec 1996? If so that that means

2nd, 13th, 13th, 11th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 14th, 7th

Which means 83/10 = 8.3 if my maths are correct :lol:

Not that the stats show anything other than us being a yo-yo club. Or that stats should be used in that way.

5 top 10 and 5 not. Sums up yo-yo club to me.

No consistency and no stability in terms of results on the pitch.

The inconsistency is the biggest thing for me. Instead of building year on year we seem to do well for a while then slip back. Leazes mentioned earlier iirc that the only 3 consecutive top 5 finishes by NUFC (post-war perhaps) were with Shepherd as chairman. That misses the point that the manager that achieved that was sacked the following season after a poor start. He's done well at times only to shoot himself in the foot at others.

That's pretty much his argument, yes. Good isn't it?

watertight tbh

so, you have nothing further to add that I have shown your statment that the club always buys players that are "panic buys", "pre transfer buys" and have "no planning" as utter shit of the highest order.. ...

:lol:

You're a clever boy aren't you, making up things, rather than have a mind of your own and base your opinion on facts.

Our finishes since then

9th.

Didnt Shepherd take over in Dec 1996? If so that that means

2nd, 13th, 13th, 11th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 14th, 7th

Which means 83/10 = 8.3 if my maths are correct :lol:

Not that the stats show anything other than us being a yo-yo club. Or that stats should be used in that way.

5 top 10 and 5 not. Sums up yo-yo club to me.

No consistency and no stability in terms of results on the pitch.

I have never said it was stable. I have only quoted facts, which are

1. Only 4 clubs have a higher average position

2. The same 4 clubs are the only clubs who have qualified for europe more than the 7 times we have done.

3. Shepherd is the 2nd best chairman presiding over the 2nd best period, and most consistent long term spell, at NUFC in the 42 years I have supported the club.

4. 87 clubs would swap our european cup qualifications over theirs in this period.

5. Before 1992, we only qualified for europe 4 times in almost 30 years.

Facts mate.

It is highly amusing the amount of people who still think this is shit, but avoid talking about actual facts knowing they don't suit their "opinions".

watertight tbh

so, you have nothing further to add that I have shown your statment that the club always buys players that are "panic buys", "pre transfer buys" and have "no planning" as utter shit of the highest order.. ...

You're a clever boy aren't you, making up things, rather than have a mind of your own and base your opinion on facts.

seriously. wtf are you talking about?

siberski, bernard, rossi were ALL panic buys. you can repeat your bullshit defence of shepherd until you're blue in the face - and i've no doubt you will - but if you refuse to accept this FACT then you're a moron.

i think even your hero shepherd would admit to it tbh.

watertight tbh

siberski, bernard, rossi were ALL panic buys. you can repeat your bullshit defence of shepherd until you're blue in the face - and i've no doubt you will - but if you refuse to accept this FACT then you're a moron.

Firstly, do you think we are the only club who make last minute buys ? Yes or no ? If you think we are, you are an idiot. And, if you think there is anything wrong with last minute short term buys when you can't get the people you want, you're an idiot.

And - the whole crust of this - is YOU SAID - or insinuated - ALL the clubs buys are "panic buys", "last minute transfer buys" and "lack planning". Do you accept that ALL the players I listed DO NOT fit this criteria, therefore all those players were bought at the behest and planning of the club, and were players wanted by the club ? So, which of those players were as you state, if this is what you think, and explain how.

They are listed in post number 42 in this thread.

Do you think a club qualifies for europe 7 times in a decade, and buys ALL these players, generating and spending the money that we have done, that " lacks foresight and planning", because if you do, then there are 87 other clubs who must be doing exactly the same, meaning for making such a stupid allegation, you are an idiot

Finally, nobody is my "hero", I am just stating facts rather than come out with the misinformed shite that you do.

When you have gave your view on all those players, you can also tell us who your knight in shining armour is that is going to be automatically better than what we already have, but as you think they are so shite, this should be an easy choice for you.

Come on, I'm waiting. In fact I asked you this earlier in the thread as well.

watertight tbh

Firstly, do you think we are the only club who make last minute buys ? Yes or no ? If you think we are, you are an idiot. And, if you think there is anything wrong with last minute short term buys when you can't get the people you want, you're an idiot.

And - the whole crust of this - is YOU SAID - or insinuated - ALL the clubs buys are "panic buys", "last minute transfer buys" and "lack planning". Do you accept that ALL the players I listed DO NOT fit this criteria, therefore all those players were bought at the behest and planning of the club, and were players wanted by the club ? So, which of those players were as you state, if this is what you think, and explain how.

Do you think a club qualifies for europe 7 times in a decade, and buys ALL these players, generating and spending the money that we have done, that " lacks foresight and planning", because if you do, then there are 87 other clubs who must be doing exactly the same, meaning for making such a stupid allegation, you are an idiot

Finally, nobody is my "hero", I am just stating facts rather than come out with the misinformed shite that you do.

When you have gave your view on all those players, you can also tell us who your knight in shining armour is that is going to be automatically better than what we already have, but as you think they are so shite, this should be an easy choice for you.

do you think that we planned to buy any of the players we ended up with? do you really think siberski, bernard and rossi were on the list of players that roeder gave to shepherd at the beginning of the summer?

we all know that we needed defenders yet we waited until the last week of the window before approaching alledged targets woodgate and huth and ended up with siberski, bernard and rossi.

why didn't we attempt to sign these players before then? doing business before the last week of the window means you can't go for a credible alternative if things go tits up ie not buying man city reserves.

in my view siberski, bernard and rossi are ALL panic buys. why? because we blew a blew £15M of an extremely limited budget on two players, one of whom despite his qualities we didn't really need. who handles the transfer budget?

surely the premiership's 5th greatest chairman knows that you don't sell players unless you've got better players coming in. we sold the likes of boumsong, bowyer, chopra and elliot - players who all had to go - yet somehow ended up with an inferior squad. siberski replaced bowyer, we didn't even replace boumsong and we've been kind enough to help develop a kid for man u.

it's not rocket science but then we are talking about the the same man that paid blackburn compensation to make souness our manager.

i'm going to sign off from this thread now but before i go, answer me - if you can - the questions that you have avoided throughout this debate.

1) were siberski, rossi and bernard panic buys?

2) are you happy with our defence, given this is probably the weakest area of the squad going into the window

yes or no will do. go on i dare you.

i'm going to sign off from this thread now but before i go, answer me - if you can - the questions that you have avoided throughout this debate.

2) are you happy with our defence, given this is probably the weakest area of the squad going into the window

1) Why do you keep saying that ALL our buys are panic buys? Was Owen a panic buy??

2) Doug Ellis wouldn't have spent 15 million on two attacking players in the first place, never mind not having any money left over to shore up the defence (other than signing Bernard in a panic, but WAS OWEN A PANIC BUY???)

Job done, Leazes, you can save your breath.

watertight tbh

:gay:

do you think that we planned to buy any of the players we ended up with? do you really think siberski, bernard and rossi were on the list of players that roeder gave to shepherd at the beginning of the summer?

we all know that we needed defenders yet we waited until the last week of the window before approaching alledged targets woodgate and huth and ended up with siberski, bernard and rossi.

why didn't we attempt to sign these players before then? doing business before the last week of the window means you can't go for a credible alternative if things go tits up ie not buying man city reserves.

in my view siberski, bernard and rossi are ALL panic buys. why? because we blew a blew £15M of an extremely limited budget on two players, one of whom despite his qualities we didn't really need. who handles the transfer budget?

surely the premiership's 5th greatest chairman knows that you don't sell players unless you've got better players coming in. we sold the likes of boumsong, bowyer, chopra and elliot - players who all had to go - yet somehow ended up with an inferior squad. siberski replaced bowyer, we didn't even replace boumsong and we've been kind enough to help develop a kid for man u.

it's not rocket science but then we are talking about the the same man that paid blackburn compensation to make souness our manager.

the point is easy enough to see, which is the 3 players you mention are the only 3 you can think of, and before Souness was appointed manager Newcastle United didn't make these type of buys you accuse them of making.

watertight tbh

the point is easy enough to see, which is the 3 players you mention are the only 3 you can think of, and before Souness was appointed manager Newcastle United didn't make these type of buys you accuse them of making.

Out of the 5 we bought? Over 50% of our signings were panic buys then. Sorry, what point are you trying to make? Things used to be ok, so we'll live with it?

The transfer window is a pretty new thing though tbh.

watertight tbh

Out of the 5 we bought? Over 50% of our signings were panic buys then. Sorry, what point are you trying to make? Things used to be ok, so we'll live with it?

I believe that Meenzer can see the point and he has stated it, the point is that Newcastle United very rarely make these type of buys they are being accused of making all the time

watertight tbh

I believe that Meenzer can see the point and he has stated it, the point is that Newcastle United very rarely make these type of buys they are being accused of making all the time

Glenn Roeder's first chance in the transfer market, and he's made panic buys. THAT'S the point.

watertight tbh

Step forward Albert Luque. That is £9.5 million quids worth of dodgy panic buy.

Boumsong was desperation - everyone knew we needed a centre half and we dived in. Another £8m - lack of planning in the summer resulted in that debacle. (If we knew woodgate was fucked as many suggest then surely we knew we needed centre half then?)

Pre-Souness you can argue the above on that score and of course we havent had a transfer window (in this format) much before it so it isnt really an argument is it? (and God knows why you brought it up)

We have bought shite on the eve of a season often enough though - thats just one of the reasons why we win fuck all.

Any fucker who can honestly say Sibierski, Bernard and Rossi were planned, long term buys wants to worry more about Freddie Shepherd and Glen Roeder than I already do.

Edited by gram

No, I was taking the piss.

No, I was taking the piss.

1) Why do you keep saying that ALL our buys are panic buys? Was Owen a panic buy??

2) Doug Ellis wouldn't have spent 15 million on two attacking players in the first place, never mind not having any money left over to shore up the defence (other than signing Bernard in a panic, but WAS OWEN A PANIC BUY???)

Job done, Leazes, you can save your breath.

Absolutely, but I doubt the idiot will even read what you say.

He is proved completely wrong, and I knew he wouldn't answer.