Roeder

Sima

Just hearing Glenn being gracious AGAIN after seeing his team being dicked on all over the pitch.

He needs to get a backbone. He comes out with all of these nice quotes, especially about the West Ham fans straight after the match "Oooo...I apologise if I caused any offence"

You know what, be a man about it straight after, not a few days after ffs.

Fact of the matter is, Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Look at Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez. All know when to be disgusted in defeat. All winners. Glenn's too much of a nice guy to be a premiership manager.

Just hearing Glenn being gracious AGAIN after seeing his team being dicked on all over the pitch.

He needs to get a backbone. He comes out with all of these nice quotes, especially about the West Ham fans straight after the match "Oooo...I apologise if I caused any offence"

You know what, be a man about it straight after, not a few days after ffs.

Fact of the matter is, Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Look at Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez. All know when to be disgusted in defeat. All winners. Glenn's too much of a nice guy to be a premiership manager.

Probably some truth in that. He'll not stand up to Shepherd either - he knows he's lucked out even to get the job.

I doubt you get to be a sportsman at a high level without being a pretty bad loser tbh. There's a difference between being gracious in defeat and being a loser. If he came out and acted like a complete arsehole every time we got beat I'd be a bit embarrassed by the whole thing.

Besides, we didn't lose at West Ham when he apologised to their fans (although I don't think he should have apologised), and he probably knew deep down that we were a big underdog last night so no point being a dick about it.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser is a nice line, but that's about all it is.

Whilst he does come across as being soft as shite, I don't think they make you captain at QPR and Newcastle if you can't dish out a bollocking. Plus, this was the man who kept Gazza under control.

Reading Gazza's book, I think he was kept anything but "under control" tbh

I doubt you get to be a sportsman at a high level without being a pretty bad loser tbh. There's a difference between being gracious in defeat and being a loser. If he came out and acted like a complete arsehole every time we got beat I'd be a bit embarrassed by the whole thing.

Besides, we didn't lose at West Ham when he apologised to their fans (although I don't think he should have apologised), and he probably knew deep down that we were a big underdog last night so no point being a dick about it.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser is a nice line, but that's about all it is.

No wonder we were fucking hopeless if he instilled that belief on his players.

Loser attitude.

I'd rather he was more of a bad loser in truth. I agree that accepting defeat is a defeatist attitude. But then again we don't know how he acts in the dressing room. Perhaps it's all a front on the telly and he's kicking arse in the dressing room. We don't know.

No wonder we were fucking hopeless if he instilled that belief on his players.

Loser attitude.

Canny stupid to suggest that he would instil that belief in the players tbh. Having said that, do you think they don't know themselves when they go to Anfield that they're underdogs?

Guest Patrokles

We came out much better after half-time, and have done so reasonably frequently after a poor first half. To me, this suggests that he's perfectly capable of getting hacked off.

It's funny, because earlier when he spoke about how he delivered a bit of a bollocking at another point in the season, people got on his back about him trying to sound tough and angry. And now he gets criticism for the opposite.

This, essentially, is my biggest issue with a lot of the anti-everything brigade; their arguments are often directly contradictory.

We came out much better after half-time, and have done so reasonably frequently after a poor first half. To me, this suggests that he's perfectly capable of getting hacked off.

It's funny, because earlier when he spoke about how he delivered a bit of a bollocking at another point in the season, people got on his back about him trying to sound tough and angry. And now he gets criticism for the opposite.

This, essentially, is my biggest issue with a lot of the anti-everything brigade; their arguments are often directly contradictory.

Bit of a generalisation that. Your argument is only valid if the same person who had a pop at him for the former did so for the latter too.

Guest Patrokles

Bit of a generalisation that. Your argument is only valid if the same person who had a pop at him for the former did so for the latter too.

But they do, that's the point.

Can you give an example, because I have you down as someone who tends to tar all interlocutors with the same brush in debates like this. I don't know exactly when I formed that opinion, so it could be innacurate, but I'm unlikely just to have invented it.

Doubt it tbh.

Guest Patrokles

Can you give an example, because I have you down as someone who tends to tar all interlocutors with the same brush in debates like this. I don't know exactly when I formed that opinion, so it could be innacurate, but I'm unlikely just to have invented it.

It's not in specific reference to this thread and is an opinion formed mainly due to time spent on a previous forum. If you like I could dig up literally thousands of examples from over there. Just the anti-Roeder/the club in general brigade will use literally everything as ammunition against him, even if it's contradicting something they'd said themselves several months before.

A good and common example would be 'we shouldn't sign [player] because he's shite,' then when some other club signs [player]: 'why didn't we sign him?'

But lots of things like that. People saying they want X and Y and when it happens groan and shake their heads, tutting to themselves.

It's not in specific reference to this thread and is an opinion formed mainly due to time spent on a previous forum. If you like I could dig up literally thousands of examples from over there. Just the anti-Roeder/the club in general brigade will use literally everything as ammunition against him, even if it's contradicting something they'd said themselves several months before.

A good and common example would be 'we shouldn't sign [player] because he's shite,' then when some other club signs [player]: 'why didn't we sign him?'

But lots of things like that. People saying they want X and Y and when it happens groan and shake their heads, tutting to themselves.

Yeah but they are all 12 on that forum arent they? Its what kids do. They know everything and get nowt wrong.

Guest Patrokles

Yeah but they are all 12 on that forum arent they? Its what kids do. They know everything and get nowt wrong.

Renton and Gemmill. :good:

Renton and Gemmill. :lol:

I don't know what that's supposed to mean but me and Gemmill rarely agree on anything about NUFC, although ironically I agree largely with what he says on this thread (whilst agreeing that Sima may also have a point), which concurs with what you probably believe. Or something. Got that? :good: