Pretty quiet on here tonight.....

JJ

ive just thought - your the perfect person to ask about this.

my aunties took bad (been having problems with her waterworks and been in pain every now and again) and was admitted into mistake lane on sat night.

docs have done tests and a few scans and have diagnosed a 'fibroid' (sp?) and its looking like a hysterectomy type thing is the cure.

now - is a 'fibroid' an undeveloped foetus or a regular tumour? or are they both the same?

Nah, it's not an undeveloped foetus, it's basically part of the muscle inside the uterus which develops into a benign tumour. They're really common and can be removed individually or if they're causing bad symptoms or are really large, then a hysterectomy is usually the best way to get rid of them. How old is she and has she had children?

early 40's and has 3 bairns. and according to a scan this fibroid thing is huge. she filled a 2 litre bag after being catheterised.

I've seen a few fibroids removed in theatre and I'm not joking, there was one that was the size of a football. If she's had her bairns and it's causing her loads of bother then they'll probably list her for a hysterectomy. If she has it done at Rake Lane they've got some some lovely theatre staff so tell her not to worry :good:

aye - the gyne ward at rake lane is pretty good - me mam had a hysterectomy about 6 months ago and they were great. me mother also works at rake lane and me next door neighbours wife is a theatre nurse there too.

bloody small world.

Hello! :D I just got in from Newcastle. Well, "just" in the sense of "about 90 minutes ago". Grand seeing all those who managed to labour up the stairs at the Trent - it was worth it just to marvel at Shinton's beard :good:

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh, I've had to stop eating my bowl of cornflakes now! :D

Sorry :icon_lol::good: If it's any consolation I didn't get to have my pizza :D

I don't think I'll ever eat dough balls again! :no

So what would you like a pic of tonight, guys? :D

:good::D

You're a disgrace!! :no

Aye, and what of it? :no

Notice she didn't say no though. :yahoo:

I'm at work and being perfectly respectable. Look >>>>> :icon_lol:

So what would you like a pic of tonight, guys? :icon_lol:

:good::D

You're a disgrace!! :yahoo:

Aye, and what of it? :no

Notice she didn't say no though. :angry:

Say 'no' to what? :no

I was simply suggesting that we might like a pic of an emot. What were you thinking of you dirty little git? :D

I'm at work and being perfectly respectable. Look >>>>> :D

Are anklets back in fashion then? :no

What on earth are you on about?! :good:

Anyway, I shall be nice this evening. I've just returned from having twins (and don't I look good considering!!) so here's tonights pic..

twins_225p.jpg

Awwwwww :D

I'm at work and being perfectly respectable. Look >>>>> :D

Are anklets back in fashion then? :no

What on earth are you on about?! :good:

Well if you've even got one of those things that should be above your heed, I'm sure it's loitering around your ankles :D