UEFA Cup Group Stages Draw Today

Mad-on-the-cocks

Booked for Frankfurt... £29 return from Stansted..

I can't wait to see the dangly telly....

myvt051127114202.jpg

I'm tempted to go myself. Flights from Glasgow Prestwick are cheap if you are willing to stay for a couple of nights.

Depending for how long, I might be able to sort something out.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I make a case for the myriad charms of Mainz as a base for this fixture? A mere half-hour or so from Eintracht's stadium by scummy local cattle train. :lol:

I second that. Can I just beg that nobody spends any money in Frankfurt. Ripping the place down is something different of course...

By the way, Hahn Airport is bloody miles away from Frankfurt itself. Best part of 2 hours by bus if the traffic's heavy going.

Aye, I noticed that. Is it legal to drink on german coaches? I noticed they didn't give a monkeys in Holland..

By the way, Hahn Airport is bloody miles away from Frankfurt itself. Best part of 2 hours by bus if the traffic's heavy going.

Aye, I noticed that. Is it legal to drink on german coaches? I noticed they didn't give a monkeys in Holland..

Well, bus drivers are a special species in Germany, so you never know for definite. But as long as you are wearing clean boots you might be ok.. :lol:

Glasgow Prestwick to Frankfurts only buttons, come home the day after is fuck all, German ale sound, I wish we had Germans in our group.

With a 2 hour bus journey once you get there the arrival time of after 11pm is a bit of a bitch though.

There are a couple of busses going until after midnight. And if you take Meenzer's advice and stay in Meenz (Mainz) then it's just little more than one hour. :D

And you don't have to stay in Frankfurt, what is always a bonus. :lol:

Well, bus drivers are a special species in Germany, so you never know for definite. But as long as you are wearing clean boots you might be ok.. :lol:

Cheers Jormanite!

Not as bad as Tokyo to Narita Airport, one and a half hours on a fast train. And some idiots take taxis :lol:

You might be alright.

From .com

As expected, our away game against Middlesbrough has been put back a day due to our involvement in the UEFA Cup, playing Fenerbahce on the previous Thursday.

The trip to the Riverside will now be on Sunday October 22nd with kick-off 3pm.

However, our home game against Sheffield United on Saturday November 4th seems unlikely to be changed, as we are due to feature on Sky's Prem Plus pay-per-view channel.

This game will be kicking off only 44 hours after our game in Sicily against Palermo finishes.

The precedent for this happened in the 2003-04 season when our home game against Basle was followed by a Saturday lunchtime kick-off against Wolves at Molineux - the infamous firework incident game.

Freddy Shepherd infuriated then manager, Bobby Robson, by refusing to turn down the few hundred grand match fee for the sake of moving the game back 26 hours.

What state our lads will be in after travelling back from Italy is anyone's guess but our wafer-thin squad will be tested to the full.

Our final game in Frankfurt is due to be followed by a trip to Stamford Bridge on the Saturday but another shift to the Sunday seems likely as this game isn't scheduled for the telly.