Co-Op

Noelie

I'm really not, sorry if you can't keep up, like. :calmdown:

Yes, I'm converting imperial-metric on a regular basis, sorry you find it so hard going, I'll think of you this Christmas. :calmdown:

"If a bloke wants to run his business into the ground, selling only the lefty-hand side of cabbages, sold by the moon-unit, how can that really be anyone's business but his own?"

That was my point btw, I've already said I haven't a clue who this bloke is and that what's being said about his political agenda sounds very plausuble.

Because he doesnt want to "run his business into the ground selling only the lefty-hand side of cabbages" he wants to rip off unsuspecting punters, which is what the law is trying to prevent

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Renton is one of those that needs protection. I can just imagine him at the deli counter like Tim Nice-But-Dim going "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Sooooooo. Ah, how many pound things is that then?" in a T N-B-D voice as the lass behind the counter weighs out his enormous pork pie order.

:calmdown:

Renton - please tell me your joking about converting that to pounds and dividing by 7? :calmdown:

I'm really not, sorry if you can't keep up, like. :calmdown:

Yes, I'm converting imperial-metric on a regular basis, sorry you find it so hard going, I'll think of you this Christmas. :calmdown:

Conversion is easy, try dividing 2 stone, 4 pounds, and 3 ounces by 7 and see what I mean.

Trying to calculate your weight loss goal?

Renton is one of those that needs protection. I can just imagine him at the deli counter like Tim Nice-But-Dim going "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Sooooooo. Ah, how many pound things is that then?" in a T N-B-D voice as the lass behind the counter weighs out his enormous pork pie order.

Renton - please tell me your joking about converting that to pounds and dividing by 7? :calmdown:

I want the answer in pounds and ounces, please tell me what it is. I don't think it is easy tbh.

Btw, I am aware that this is a different issue, the issue was a set of accurate scales that work in standard units, not too much to ask for from a shop vendor imo.

Because he doesnt want to "run his business into the ground selling only the lefty-hand side of cabbages" he wants to rip off unsuspecting punters, which is what the law is trying to prevent

Would it not be possible for people to say - you're taking the piss - go back to their council and organise a boycott until he stops taking the piss? Hence they would be able to fend for themselves when issues like this innevitably arose when there was no-one there to protect them?

Or would people not have the choice to say, well his prices take the piss, but I still shop there for the banter. Allowing them to make their own decision based on the evidence.

Would it not be possible for people to say - you're taking the piss - go back to their council and organise a boycott until he stops taking the piss? Hence they would be able to fend for themselves when issues like this innevitably arose when there was no-one there to protect them?

Or would people not have the choice to say, well his prices take the piss, but I still shop there for the banter. Allowing them to make their own decision based on the evidence.

You don't know what his prices are to inform your choice, that's the problem.

I want the answer in pounds and ounces, please tell me what it is. I don't think it is easy tbh.

Btw, I am aware that this is a different issue, the issue was a set of accurate scales that work in standard units, not too much to ask for from a shop vendor imo.

http://www.google.com/search?hs=SnR&hl...amp;btnG=Search

ok lol. Let us protect the right of the hard working con man to rip off the public, because the nation will benefit in at least two ways

general raising of the iq due to the problem solving techniques that will need to be employed

and

an increase in community action leading to improved relations and a common bonding

Makes perfect sense

First of all, are you suggesting people should be shopping with a wireless PDA?

Secondly, it hasn't given me the answer I want, which is in pounds and ounces, not decimal pounds!

I rest my case. :calmdown:

First of all, are you suggesting people should be shopping with a wireless PDA?

Secondly, it hasn't given me the answer I want, which is in pounds and ounces, not decimal pounds!

I rest my case. :calmdown:

My point was that there was very little point in giving you the answer, because I could have cheated, I came up with 4.6 in my head, knowing that was a little out, didn't see a situation where i need to separate out the ounces.

Seriously, this kind of maths is a question of doing it regularly, NOT intelligence.

And I also think that is why it should be there and is a good thing.

But you don't want to discuss it.

Correct. If you're bored though, Renton will play.

Is it not 32 pounds and 3 oz. ? Or am I missing something?

Yes. I want that divided by 7. In your head. And the answer back in pounds and ounces please.

*puts hand in air, supported by other hand to push it higher* ME! ASK ME SIR! SIR PLEASE SIR!

ok lol. Let us protect the right of the hard working con man to rip off the public, because the nation will benefit in at least two ways

general raising of the iq due to the problem solving techniques that will need to be employed

and

an increase in community action leading to improved relations and a common bonding

Makes perfect sense

I don't know what to make of that post.

and

Makes perfect sense

It's obvious to me. But I don't know what to make of any of your posts in this thread! I assume you are just spoiling for a fight.... :calmdown:

Edited by Renton

and

Makes perfect sense

It's obvious to me. But I don't know what to make of any of your posts in this thread! I assume you are just spoiling for a fight.... :scatchchin:

So you recognise that when you see it in others then?

and

Makes perfect sense

It's obvious to me. But I don't know what to make of any of your posts in this thread! I assume you are just spoiling for a fight.... :scatchchin:

So you recognise that when you see it in others then?

Yes.

It's obvious to me too, I'm just waiting for spongebob to clarify so I'm not accused of making an assumption.

I'm in no way spoiling for a fight, I was talking about something that interested me.

Just assuming you end up laughing at people's points of view every time we debate something, instead of you talking it out as you apparently love to do.