Ramage v Bernard v Roeder

Noelie

Ramage IS NOT a left back and his performences in that position are far from adequate and I have to question Roeder's insistance in playing him there albeit Babayaro is apparently injured.

Bernard IS a left fullback as we all know and I have to question his being NOT match-fit. He has been turning out for the reserves and is obviously in training so just how unfit is he? I have to question Roeder's reluctance to give him a try, he can always be substituted if he's not cutting it.

Bernard should start ahead of Ramage whether he is match-fit or not, and I have to question what is Roeder's reasoning for not seeing the sense in that and giving it a try.

Roeder should have kept Robbie Elliot for the contingencies we are now facing in the left-back position.

Why hasn't Roeder straightened out the under-performing defenders? I would have thought a former centre-half of some renown should be able to do that.

You're right about Elliot being let go, while Bernard was alledgedly skeletal on his return and has been undergoing some beefing up. As for Ramage, aye ... he aint to full back. While Im sure the lad is just glad to get a game, the defence at this moment is in a critical state - right across the back. Everyone of them who played at the weekend could be replaced and so one would miss them.

Also ... i think a lot of the reason why we haven't seen much of Duff in the last few games is the fact he's had to link up with a player, who is constantly having to think about what he does by not playing on his better side.

Duff seemed to be lost at times v Bolton as to what Ramage was going to do. Just throw Bernard into the mix, can it really be worse?

Bernard shouldn’t play if he’s not match fit. I would rather a fit Duff played out of position then.

Vs. Bolton my preferred formation was.

Harper

Carr Moore Taylor Duff

Milner Parker Emre Zog

Martins Shola

BTW, what the fuck is happening with Luque? 2 goals against Liverpool reserves and he’s not even on the bench… :calmdown: