Electric Toothbrushes

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

There's an amusing webpage I saw once that has ideas on adapting them for other purposes... Can't find it though as i'm at work.

Anyway, they are great things, loads better than manual toothbrushes, had one for years.

Prefer Manual.

I was onced told by a friend of my Gfriends who plays hockey with her, that electric toothbrushes were banned in her private school. When I asked why I got a shocking reply of

"We loved ramming them into our bone dry minges" :)

Prefer Manual.

I was onced told by a friend of my Gfriends who plays hockey with her, that electric toothbrushes were banned in her private school. When I asked why I got a shocking reply of

"We loved ramming them into our bone dry minges" :)

Nice. There was rumout a girl at my school used hers as a vibrator.

I've got one but gave up on it - I need to move my hands/wrist/arm when brushing, otherwise it doesn't feel right.

Brush with a manual in the morning and the electric at night.

I've always found thought that after about a year the electric loses charge alot more quickly...and even after charging it isn't as effective as it used to be. :)

I've had this yoke for years:

Philips%20Sonicare%20Elite.jpg

Much better than a manual, in my experience.

Re: sharing. I used to share the unit with the girlfriend, we just swapped heads, she stopped using it. Also had spare heads for guests; don't really see what the problem is there.

I've had this yoke for years:

Philips%20Sonicare%20Elite.jpg

Much better than a manual, in my experience.

Re: sharing. I used to share the unit with the girlfriend, we just swapped heads, she stopped using it. Also had spare heads for guests; don't really see what the problem is there.

DIRTY BASTARD!

I've always been quite tempted by this but didn't really see the point of it. Might be worth splashing out a tenner.

Only a related note, my gums have been bleeding a bit recently when I brush my teeth. Any ideas why? I would go and see a dentist but I don't have one in Aberdeen, I think I'm still registered to one in Edinburgh because my parents used to live there but now they've moved to Wales so it's all a bit rubbish really.

Only a related note, my gums have been bleeding a bit recently when I brush my teeth. Any ideas why? I would go and see a dentist but I don't have one in Aberdeen, I think I'm still registered to one in Edinburgh because my parents used to live there but now they've moved to Wales so it's all a bit rubbish really.

You're scrubbing too hard by the sounds of it. I used to do the same. My dentist told me to imagine I was holding the brush up against the skin of a tomato. If you're brushing hard enough to mark the tomato you brushing hard enough to damage your gums. Can lead to gum recession which can make your teeth more sensitive. Either go easy on them or fork out a tenner and let the leccy do it for you.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Might be gingivitis

Try getting a non-alcohol mouthwash from the chemist to treat it. Will be gone in days rather than weeks.

And as Dr. Ken advises, stop using a fecking yard brush and Vim to clean your teeth :)

At home we have an electric one

Eh? Is it a communal one, you animal?

Oi just noticed this!

We have 1 electric thing and 4 different heads that go on and off the top - 1 each. How is that minging you cretin? :)

Edited by Ally

Guest Patrokles

Prefer Manual.

"We loved ramming them into our bone dry minges" <_<

Nice. There was rumout a girl at my school used hers as a vibrator.

I've got one but gave up on it - I need to move my hands/wrist/arm when brushing, otherwise it doesn't feel right.

:)