Oi Leazes

Toonpack

All these people must be post-Keegan fans as well, obviously everyone but you is missguided :(

Reaction to Henry Winter article which was strangely at odds with Leazes' view of the world

Comments

Thank you Henry

I hope that the rest of the media take note of the most accurate article writen about NUFC in years.

We need a culture change and sacking a new manager every 10 mins wont get this.

We need to start from the top down.

Please dont let this be the end of your articles on the situation up here.

And thank you again.

Posted by Chris Swanston on October 26, 2006 9:25 PMReport this comment

No doubt a very fair article Henry but I have been watching Newcastle United since 1950 and have seen countless chairmen and managers come and go - very rarely successful and never for any length of time.

The clammer for Shepherd to go is understandable, but a new chairman would not in itself solve any problems.

I have no doubt that during his "reign" many NUF think of themselves as Kings - the fortunes of our club have slid year on year - his appointments as managers have been abjet failures - despite giving them many millions.

Sir John Hall says that the Halls & Shepherds have supported their managers to the tune of £200 million - this says a lot for their investment skills - much cash has been spent at haste with the obvious result.

By all means get rid of FF but let us get some long term planning and stability into the club.

Personally I would love to see Glenn Roeder succeed at Premiership or academy level.

BUT FOR GODS SAKE WHOEVER REPLACES FF - LET'S GET SOME LONG TERM STABILITY INTO THE CLUB

Posted by WIL FROM GATESHEAD on October 26, 2006 1:31 PMReport this comment

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the national media has finally decided to report on the state of our great club, I only hope that more press is given to this situation and the pressure is increased on Freddy to leave, sooner rather than later.

There's no real surprise that there is a resounding silence in our local media when it comes to criticising our beloved club and the way it is currently being run.

They certainly don't have their finger on the pulse of the average Newcastle supporter, nor do they appear to represent the views of the majority of fans who religiously support this club.

The 'Little Kev' post hits the nail on the head. How much longer are we going to sit silent while Freddy continues to appoint ineffective managers who fail to take this club forward, or just drag us closer and closer to the Championship each season?

Fair enough, you can blame the manager when the team they're picking fails to provide results week after week. But when successive management appointments fail to produce silverware, or even improve the team, then the blame falls squarely on Freddy's more than ample shoulders.

If he was a true geordie (yeah, right) he'd accept responsibility and step aside to allow the beginning of a new era for this club, hopefully a more successful one.

'Steve McGill', can you please let me know which opticians you use as I obviously need to go there asap and get a pair of the black & white tinted glasses that you're wearing....

Posted by Dave Belmont on October 26, 2006 11:17 AMReport this comment

Another excellent article!

It's a pity the local media sycophants couldn't write something as honest and representative of fans' thoughts as you have...

Posted by Buzza Thompson on October 26, 2006 10:54 AM

Report this comment

Winter makes some good points about Shepherd but plays to the geordie gallery and some of their most favoured myths which, ironically, has been Sherphards biggest mistake. The most popular one is how they are such terrific fans that deserve success. The fans can be terrific, and the away hard core are always impressive, but so often at home games they rapidly turn into the biggest bunch of whingers that you have ever encountered in your entire life. This Jekyl and Hyde mentality has created massive pressure on successive managers. Roeder is already feeling the cosh despite the miracle of last deason. It's the nearest English football has to the fickleness of the Bernebeu, all great fun but not a way to behave if you want success.

Sherpherd has compounded this problem by relying heavily on season ticket sales rather than a broader base that individual match sales would provide. Over the past few seasons the whole policy of the club has been geared at not alienating the season ticket holders. This has lead to panic buys like Michael Owen, Albert Luque etc and sacking succesive managers. To make matters worse, almost sucidally Shepherd has not cut prices for Uefa and Carling Cup games that the season tickets didn't want. He's missed a big opportunity to widen his fan base and now when season tickert holders see empty seats they'll be less likely to renew. Empty seats quickly become contagious in modern all seater stadia.

The other big myth is that Alan Shearer was a world class player let down by his team mates. For years this turned Newcastle from a team into Shearer's support cast. The Newcastle fans delighted in his goals but this became a substitute for real success not a path towards it.

Posted by martin on October 26, 2006 9:24 AM

Report this comment

FREDDY SHEPHERD OUT..... only solution to save United.

Posted by Linda Knotts on October 26, 2006 8:36 AM

Report this comment

Good morning,

after reading your column on Newcastle United in crisis I would just like to say that your comments were spot on. After supporting the toon for over forty years we, the fans, deserve some success. Although a great deal of the problem does come from Freddy shepherd you must admit that he has provided finance that other clubs could not cope with.

This in my mind at least deserves some form of credit for the chairman and some of the responsibility has to be shouldered by Glenn Roeder.

We have, over the coming weeks, some pretty good fixtures and hopfully we should at least pick up a few points, then watch us go lol...

roll on Saturday..... howay the lads

Posted by David Knotts on October 26, 2006 8:31 AM

Report this comment

Henry Winter: I cannot thank you enough for this exemplary piece of incisive commentary.

We can only hope that the rest of Fleet Street join the swelling ranks of those who know Shepherd has to go because of his failure to appoint a manager of the calibre of Martin O'Neill and the back catalogue of broken promises.

Good to see the truth about Shepherd being reported by a national paper at last.

Posted by GeordieMessiah on October 25, 2006 10:53 PMReport this comment

Thanks Henry, you're a star, unlike Shepherd, you're canny at your job.

We may have turned the worm at long last.

Well done.

Shepherd Out.

Posted by Michael Foster on October 25, 2006 8:27 PMReport this comment

Great article Henry Spot on.

Since William Fredrick Shepherd became Chairman of this great club it has consistantly gone in one direction, down. Now many will therefore draw the logical conclusion that the two are linked, which they are. However, something else changed around the time WFS took charge, the club dispensed with their Chief Executive Freddie Fletcher who ran the club to an agreed five-year business plan under which in the mid 90s saw Newcastle's most successful period since the 50's.

Almost every successful Premiership club has a CE, who are paid well, and recieve bonuses on business results. Their Chairmen remain in the Boardroom and are rarely quoted or even seen in the press (unlike Freddie). I doubt there are many in the street who can name all the current top five club's Premiership Chairmen? But I bet they can name Newcastle United's.

Let Shepherd Freddie out the door, bring in a business minded Chief Executive and develop a long term (five year) business plan.

Posted by Nick Attack Attack Attack B Gosforth on October 25, 2006 7:45 PMReport this comment

Excellent article Henry - what else would we expect? - that hits the nail on the head perfectly from a neutral point of view.

Time Mr Shepherd realised that there is another world going on around him and that the great - in terms of supporters - Newcastle United is slowly sinking into desperate mediocrity. From the days of almost champions to the days of floating a couple of points above the might of Watford and Sheffield United - it does not take a genius to discover that Shepherd has had an undoubted adverse effect on Newcastle United.

The incredibly loyal fans of Newcastle will show our hate and contempt for this greedy man in large numbers in protests, hopefully.

Well done Henry Winter on the brilliant article, just keep it going.

Posted by Isaac Leigh on October 25, 2006 6:06 PM

Report this comment

Sir John Hall said we should not blame Shepherd at Newcastle United, blame the "wasteful managers" who have spent millions on below par players. Well, Johnnie, who picks the "wasteful managers" in the first place?????

Posted by Little Kev on October 25, 2006 4:52 PMReport this comment

I'm absolutely delighted to see real objective criticism of the root cause of NUFC's problems in the national media.

If only the local media had the guts to write the same!

Thanks Mr Winter

Posted by Neil Athey on October 25, 2006 3:59 PMReport this comment

Henry thanks for the brilliant article! It is about time some one started taking notice of how money greedy this man is! He is destroying Newcastle United, he has no real ambition, other than to see the club sit safely in mid table premiership and keep himself earning a steady income!

Thanks again Henry hope to see more brilliant articles like this one!

SHEPHERD OUT!

link

Posted by Dan Zadeh on October 25, 2006 3:57 PMReport this comment

Tom Hess_are you Shepherd in disguise?

I would suggest that unlike myself and many thousands more you do not invest over £600 a year in the club?

Finally it would seem there are enough of us to make a difference and hang Shepherd using his own rope.

"You'll never believe who wants to come here" etc Who are you trying to kid?

He is determined to turn this club into a soap opera which he can orchestrate through SSN.

It must be time for an ageing superstar journeyman to appease fans?

Posted by Mick the Greek on October 25, 2006 3:41 PMReport this comment

Seems like Baron Greenback has been "outed" in the national media!

Superb article which eloquently sums up the majority feeling of NUFC fans.

Viva la revolution!

Posted by Michael Steele on October 25, 2006 2:36 PM

Report this comment

Shepherd is simply another scapegoat and when he is gone, then someone else will be in to promise us things that they know they cannot deliver.

I don't like the man, but the matter of his salary is a moot point. Without the figures at hand, I believe that most plc's run on the basis of paying the chairman a high wage, in proportion to how much the club makes. Chelsea, Man Utd, Real, Barca, Milan, Bayern will have similar infrastructures. Newcastle are in the top ten richest clubs in the world. Understandably this is due to the fans loyalty, but by creating a product successful enough to make money, he should then make a profit.

The problem is the fans delusion, a new man at the helm and all of a sudden we will be up there challenging for major honours. It simply won't happen like that. Discontentment will grow when the success stalls and the cycle will begin again.

The Keegan days were magical, but now they're over. The fans should remember this, and accept that they may never be back.

Posted by Tom Hess on October 25, 2006 1:41 PMReport this comment

Thanks Henry - a great article which captures the sentiment of all true Toon fans. A well known insider lamented that this club buys expensive bricks to build with but fails to provide the cement to keep them together. Well let me tell you -we'll need sandbags not bricks if nothing is done soon.

WellFedFred must go

Posted by Gordon Parfitt on October 25, 2006 1:39 PMReport this comment

Well written article full of the truth. I have been a fan at SJP since 1960 and a season ticket holder for 20 years (5 tickets). I now live in Spain and travel regularly to SJP but if the current trend continues I will not be renewing these tickets next season. Shepherd & DH OUT!!!

Posted by John H on October 25, 2006 1:27 PMReport this comment

Please, please, Sir John Hall, do not seek to defend the indefensible. Freddie Shepherd has been an unmitigated disaster as club chairman and the sooner he goes the better for the whole region. Anyone who is in charge of a football club which spends around £18 million on Albert Luque and Alain Boumsong has clearly never found the plot, let alone lost it!

Posted by Alan H Smith on October 25, 2006 1:26 PMReport this comment

An excellent article, but anyone expecting it to trigger anything substantial amongst the Newcastle supporters (of whom I am one) is living a pipe dream.

A similarly insightful and damning article appeared in the Observer a number of months ago as I'm sure Mr Winter is aware, and wor Shephead didn't lose any sleep.

Until the local press in Newcastle decide to start fulfilling their remit for a change, and realise their obligation is to the people of the City rather than the club nothing will happen. The Evening Chronicle sports section may as well be called 'The World According to Freddie' and until this changes nothing else will.

Posted by Michael Telfer on October 25, 2006 1:23 PMReport this comment

Shepherd and his cronies have had a good living from the Toon faithful for ten years now. In that time he has frittered away a team edging towards our first league title since 1927 and replaced it with trophy signings designed to bring more money into the coffers for shirt sales. Mismanagement has left us bereft of hope.

Now we see a glimmer of hope.

Geordies may or may not be some of the best fans in the country but we must not fail to make a stand at some point.

Let this be the beginning.

Posted by Simon Lee on October 25, 2006 12:56 PMReport this comment

excellent article by Henry

I agree with his articles and every comment above

Its time Shepherd took notice of whats going on around him, and sold up now

SHEPHERD OUT NOW!

Posted by Taffytoon on October 25, 2006 12:53 PM

Report this comment

Henry its wonderful to read an article by an unbiased supporter of the game. Neither Hall or Shepherd have the funds required to run the club to the satisfaction of its loyal and over tolerant fans. Newcastle have been a laughing stock amongst the elite of football for over 40 years because of underachievement and long-term funded planning. they should shut up and go away and allow a team of experts to give the loyal supporters their reward for decades of humiliation and patience. Once again Henry my heartfelt thanks to a true lover of the game.

Posted by david veitch on October 25, 2006 11:43 AMReport this comment

Fantastic article Henry.

The man has slowly drained the life out of the

club I love for too long now.

The irony in his name strikes me!

SHEPHERD: a person who protects, guides, or

watches over a person or group of people.

* to watch over carefully.

What a joke.

SHEPHERED OUT!!

Posted by Anth Moore on October 25, 2006 11:21 AMReport this comment

Henry, thanks for giving this issue the profile it deserves. Our local press won't say this stuff.

The only problem at NUFC that Shepherd is not ultimately responsible for is the blind loyalty of the fans which has resulted in us tolerating him for so long.

Please do not let Shepherd off the hook.

Posted by Al Davies on October 25, 2006 11:15 AMReport this comment

An excellent piece of work!

Thank you for highlighting the real story at SJP - the story those at The Journal & Evening Chronicle have never had the courage to write.

Shepherd (& Hall Jnr) OUT!

Posted by Alistair Moir on October 25, 2006 11:11 AMReport this comment

Thank you Mr Winter, for too long the mass media has ignored the feelings of us true mag fans.Well done for such a thoughtful and insightful piece. Keep up the good work!!!!!

Posted by Barry on October 25, 2006 10:46 AM

Report this comment

Well done Mr Winter you've put into words what we all feel, it's a shame our own local press (you know who you are)can't, they'd rather spout the propoganda from that excuse of a Chairman who has sent our club into decline.

Posted by Barry on October 25, 2006 10:40 AM

Report this comment

Excellent and extremely accurate article by Henry. If Newcastle are to go anywhere we need both a quality manager and a quality chairman. At the moment we have neither.

Yes, Shepherd has spent a lot but we have also sold many players too. Too many players coming and going with no real master plan. Too many bad decisions like renewing Dyer's contract and keeping faith with Ameobi and Bramble.

Up the toon, new chairman reqired if interested please apply.

Posted by Jonathan S on October 25, 2006 10:20 AM

Report this comment

I see John Hall has come out in defence of Shepherd with the very tired 'backed every manager in the transfer market' cliche. As many others have commented, all too often Shepherd is deciding who should be signed, using the excuse that the fans want star names. This simply isn't true. As for Hall himself, whilst credited with turning the club around in the early nineties, I have never been comfortable with his motives and he certainly profitted handsomely from floating on the stock exchange.

Posted by Rogue Element on October 25, 2006 9:45 AM

Report this comment

As many have said the toon have some good players (Emre, Parker, Duff, etc.) bought at great cost. We had one year to solve the centre forward problem with Al retiring. We have known for two years we had a central defensive problem. So why are we not playing well? Why did Roeder not give these problems his highest priority and solve them? When you answer these questions - the end result is obvious. Roeder was not the man for the job. So we turn to the second question. Why have we had to sack so many managers in the last 15 years? Then you have the answer to the second question. With these answers comes the realization that nothing will change until these problems are addressed.

At this moment the TOON will survive. But a team with so much talent, playing well below their collective potential, languishing in the bottom third (and in truth not deserving to be much higher) tells you where the problem is. Roeder is not a world class manager. he is a great assistant. But will never be in the same class as O'neil, Wenger, etc.

Posted by john toon fan #1 on October 25, 2006 4:55 AMReport this comment

Henry,

The Geordie Nation salutes you for articulating our collective angst in a way that a supine local press dare not. Keep up the missionary work, sir.

Posted by Joe Palooka on October 25, 2006 12:19 AM

Report this comment

As ever, Henry Winter hits the target without resorting to tabloidesque references to "Toongate" or Shepherd's girth.

Shepherd has one failing: his inability to plan beyond the next season ticket sale. We are reaping the dividend of his short-termism.

Thanks to Henry Winter for his wonderful article.

Posted by Lynda Wright on October 25, 2006 12:05 AMReport this comment

Top class article,hit the nail right on the head,captured how we feel up here nicely,hope there is more to come from you.Shepherd OUT!

Posted by Numbers on October 24, 2006 11:38 PMReport this comment

Bang on. Roeder is a man of immense dignity

who loves the club and few blame him for this

situation. I've given up thinking we'll ever win

anything but for Shepherd hopefully soon

getting his come-uppance makes life

worthwhile.

Posted by Mal Maclean on October 24, 2006 11:29 PMReport this comment

You won't listen to us Freddie. Will you listen to our Henry?

Posted by bobbtatstabbo on October 24, 2006 11:29 PM

Report this comment

Great article, speaks on behalf of ALL us supporters, without question I believe.

Take heed Mr. Shepherd, do the right thing and leave the running of this club to others.

Posted by Saldamuz on October 24, 2006 11:28 PMReport this comment

One Henry Winter..

There's only.....

One Henry Winter..

Howay The Lads !

Posted by Boris on October 24, 2006 11:17 PMReport this comment

Thanks very much Mr Winter for telling it as it is at my club NUFC. I have been a season ticket holder for over twenty years but have not been to the last two games (cannot give my ticket away) i refuse to give anymore to the club until it is rid of Shepherd.

Posted by Paul the Mag on October 24, 2006 10:53 PM

Report this comment

Fred the end is nigh, the revolution is coming!

Posted by micky d on October 24, 2006 9:41 PMReport this comment

As an outsider looking in at Newcastle, you can easily see that Shepherd is the root of all that is wrong with Newcastle United. Hopefully Shepherd will go, but it will take 5 years to get you back to anywhere like the Keegan days and a top 4 finish.

Posted by Jack fagan on October 24, 2006 9:36 PMReport this comment

I agree 100% with the article by Henry Winter.And Shepherd had the nerve to call Man United a 'Rudderless Ship' some 18 months ago.The football we have played in the last 2 years has been utter garbage.

Posted by Andrew Elliott on October 24, 2006 9:28 PM

Report this comment

Great article. Glad that you give a voice and some credence to what most supporters here feel about the running of our club. The local evening paper will not express any criticism whatsoever of the Chairman and his mismanagement of our club, they don't ask the questions we want answered and airbrush over the discontent and despair amongst the Toon Army. Sorry that you'll probably be barred from SJP from now on.

Posted by GP: on October 24, 2006 9:25 PM

Report this comment

This is a wonderful piece of journalism, written by a man who fully understands the longstanding frustrations of Newcastle United supporters,and how important the club is to the black and white hordes and the city. He is also nobody's fool, and can see through the transparent chairman we have. Thank you Henry. This story maybe the catalyst in bringing someone to the helm who is able to move the club forward again. You are so right in what you say about a boycott. It will never occur. Especially in cup games where there is another fan waiting for a season ticket holders seat should they decide to stay away. Please carry on your support of us fans. Hopefully it will have the effect we all crave. He has made our club a laughing stock SHEPHERD OUT.

Posted by Paul Sadler on October 24, 2006 9:24 PMReport this comment

Henry,

Excellent writing, the local press should hang there collective heads in shame.

Howay the lads, your welcome Mr Winter anytime and freedom of the city if you can keep the pressure on Fred and local press clowns.

Posted by David on October 24, 2006 9:12 PMReport this comment

Excellent article, you hit the nail on the head. What people need to realise is that these are the views of the majority of NUFC fans. Roeder will pay with his job no doubt whilst that man spouts drivel about his appointment being the 'fans choice', through his local mouthpiece.

Posted by Nick W on October 24, 2006 8:49 PMReport this comment

I could not agree more with this article and the comments from the other nufc fans on here. Fred Shepherd turned us into the laughing stock of britain and we demand that he gets out now and allows somebody else the chance to get it right. He is draining any passion the fans still have for the club. And the sooner he goes the better

Oh and Shepherd OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by Dave Slater on October 24, 2006 8:41 PMReport this comment

We have had a joke defence for some time now and yet Fred, despite having from June until September to sort it, did not manage to strengthen our rearguard. Oh, I forgot, it was the Transfer Window's fault, wasn't it Freddy? He is entrusted with the responsibility to run this club properly and for the above reason alone, amongst many other misdemeanors, SHEPHERD OUT!

Posted by Chris on October 24, 2006 8:35 PMReport this comment

Excellent article, shepherd out should echo through the whole ground. His/Halls comments of some years ago will never be forgotten, leave and take your cronies with you.

Posted by David Hayward on October 24, 2006 8:24 PM

Report this comment

Henry,

Thank you for putting Shepherd to the sword in the national press. I cannot recall a more accurate and insightful piece in the Telegraph,you have given the frustrated majority a platform - Shepherd Out!

Posted by paul wilkinson on October 24, 2006 8:22 PM

Report this comment

Henry- great article which is exactley what the fans have been saying. The local press are scared of Shepherd and Hall.

Hopefully a follow up article showing how much money Shepherd and the Halls have drained out of the club over the years.

Bobby Robson apart every manger Shepherd has appointed has been a complete disaster!

Posted by Boo Boy on October 24, 2006 8:21 PMReport this comment

This is the best article I have EVER read about my club. Insightful, and spot on. Thankyou henry Winter for summing up the mood of the Geordie nation.

Posted by Adam Marshall on October 24, 2006 8:20 PMReport this comment

Henry Winter what an absolutely fantastic article! It is plain for all to see what Shepherd is doing/ has done to our club. Just 10 years ago we were "The Entertainers" the team everybody loved and wanted to see, now what are we? The laughing stock of England, Shepherd must leave if we are to go anywhere because in my eyes the only way for us at the moment is down.

Shepherd Out!

Posted by Aidan Monaghan on October 24, 2006 8:18 PMReport this comment

well said Henry. Shepherd lost his flock when he failed to appoint a top class manager with a top class coach after Roeder had saved his neck at the end of last season. A poor appointment as manager done on the cheap and looking very much like the yes man Shepherd craves.

Posted by garry wilson on October 24, 2006 8:16 PMReport this comment

A tremendous peice of journalism and 100% true. No more needs to be said than the last two words of the article.

Posted by Mark Bowerman on October 24, 2006 8:13 PMReport this comment

We Geordies often feel that the "London-based

media" doesn't like or understand us -- and

sometimes we're even right. But Henry Winter

has perfectly articulated the current situation at

Newcastle and how the fans think about it.

Contrast that with Freddy Shepherd, who strives

to legitimise his bloated "financial package" with

claims that he "understands the supporters". He

doesn't. Henry does. Shepherd out.

Posted by Osbourne Y. Mandias on October 24, 2006 8:08 PM

Report this comment

At last a reporter who can write the true feelings of toon fans unlike one long term reporter in the local paper. Shepherd has had enough out of the club as well as the halls, its time for them to go asap. whilst you build a team from the back you build a business from the top and shep has had long enough. as a fan i believe the club treats us with contempt and shepherd has bred this, go now shepherd and take the halls with you.

Posted by kevin craggs on October 24, 2006 7:54 PMReport this comment

At last, for all to see: an eloquent crystallization of the feelings of the VAST majority of Newcastle supporters-something the local press are unwilling to reflect. The FULL facts of the mismanagement of the club over the past ten years would astound a neutral observer.

Thanks HW.

Posted by KD on October 24, 2006 7:51 PM

Report this comment

I just want to say thank you Henry for putting into print what countless thousands of us want our local press to print themselves, your article is spot on.You just have to visit the ic Newcastle, have your say site, to see that virtually everyone agrees with your sentiments......Shepherd out.

Posted by Al;len Barber on October 24, 2006 7:42 PMReport this comment

Me again, I would just like to say THANK YOU for the most accurate article i have ever read about Newcastle. There have been too many stupid and untrue articles flying around spoiling Newcastle United's Reputation for years. So thanks again for giving all of us hope for a brighter future WITHOUT SHEPHERD.

Posted by JP from The Rock of Gibraltar on October 24, 2006 7:39 PMReport this comment

Shepherd is a disgrace readying his pockets with over 500k a year of our (the fans) clubs money. The man is an idiot and could organise a drinking trip in newcastle breweries. Falls behind bigger characters like robson, shearer etc now they're not there it is showing even more.

Great article, shame local pundits in our local rag can't speak truth instead of having their head right behind shepherds bottom.

Posted by mark hamilton on October 24, 2006 7:38 PMReport this comment

SPOT ON Henry!!! I couldn't agree more. This great club deserves much better and i can only dream of a takeover. If only your incredibly accurate article could rub off on some journilists out there we could be living a dream. Shepherd has always given me the notion of him being a greedy man just by the way he looks :unsure: You tend to wonder how he manages to cough up all the transfer kitty every year, but then again you only have to look at his income. Proving he is as greedy as they come as he is in the top five business earners! I really believe that Glenn Roeder has the ability to succeed, another change of manger will only make matters worse!! Consistancy has to start in management for there to be consistancy on the pitch. We need results and Roeder can give them to us, he has been extremely unfortunate on injuries to Owen and co. So its simple, keep Roeder and GET SHEPHERD OUT NOW!!!

Posted by JP from The Rock of Gibraltar on October 24, 2006 7:29 PM

Report this comment

About time somebody put down in words what the fans are thinking. Thank you. Shepherd out!

Posted by Lee Wales on October 24, 2006 7:26 PM

Report this comment

Thank you Mr Winter, for giving the Toon fans the national exposure we've been craving for this issue.

Shepherd must go!

Posted by Sean D., Chester-Le-Street, Co.Durham on October 24, 2006 7:15 PMReport this comment

Absolutely superb article which captures the mood of the Geordie nation better than has been by our 'own' journalists.

Posted by Dave Balmer on October 24, 2006 7:14 PMReport this comment

Its so nice that one of the heavyweights of the British Press has highlighted just what is happening at St James's Park. A fabulous article Mr Winter and no doubt the tabloids will have a field day with this now. Keep up the good work Mr Winter we need good honest professional journalists like you on our side

Posted by john on October 24, 2006 7:10 PM

Report this comment

Like any organisation, a football club has to be run properly from the top down. The person in ultimate control will make or break it - and Shepherd just isn't up to the job. Shepherd has been incredibly unpopular for a long time now and it is time for a change. Just look at the outpouring of gratitude for this article!

Posted by Paul Scope on October 24, 2006 7:02 PM

Report this comment

Excellent article sir! Well researched and written. Hope this adds momentum to the Shep out campaign...

Posted by Joe on October 24, 2006 6:59 PM

Report this comment

Excellent article! Fantastic!

I have long hated Well-fed-Fred due to his policies which are:

1) The controlling of transfer policies (buying players to sell printed replica shirts instead of a good team),

and 2) his appointing of puppet managers who took the job as they would allow him to do this unquestioned.

We must remove this man.

Posted by Matthew on October 24, 2006 6:47 PM

Report this comment

This article is absolutely spot on. I am a true Newcastle supporter who feels totally distraught that Freddie Shepherd will not sell up and move on. His time running the club has been completely disastrous and littered with baffling decisions which have sent Newcastle in a continuous downward spiral.

The day he finally leaves my club will be one of the happiest of my life.

Posted by Mike A, Consett on October 24, 2006 6:41 PM

Report this comment

A fantastic article! It gives me a glimer of hope that we may see the back of this chairman, without having to sacrifice something that one, above so accurately described as our birthright.......to cherish and follow our beloved Toon. Also, its a sad state of affairs that certain representatives for the local press are so obviously blind, that the cannot se what is happening here - vive la revolution!

Posted by Alex on October 24, 2006 6:39 PMReport this comment

An excellent article which is 100% accurate. If only local press were willing to write similar reports the dire situation we find ourselfs in may be one stage closer to a happier conclusion. Please keep up the good work. Shepherd out!

Posted by Paul Luca on October 24, 2006 6:37 PMReport this comment

Completely agree with everything written by Henry.

Howay tha lads! Shep OOT!

Posted by Statts on October 24, 2006 6:27 PMReport this comment

Thanks Henry. Great finger on the pulse journalism. Its good to see you and other respected national journalists helping to expose the real story here. Looks like there is a real momentum for change now. Thanks again.

Posted by Wil on October 24, 2006 6:14 PM

Report this comment

Thanks you very much this is the feeling of the real fans of tyneside

I was sitting with 3000 fans waiting for the arrival of Guillt when he became manager first they were an hour late then a toothless grey hired man lead the entourage onto the pitch. Totally amateruish

Posted by Alan Browell on October 24, 2006 6:13 PM

Report this comment

Mr Shepherd is no Steve Gibson, but who is?

You obviously don’t get to SJP very often.

Posted by One Flew Over The Magpies Nest on October 24, 2006 6:12 PM

Report this comment

If only the local press could see this, this is all true and i thank you for saying it. He claims that he is a geordie, but no real geordie would say the things he has said in the past about the area and the people of newcastle. the man just plays to the public and we can now see through this as the rest of the country is now seeing also.

Shepherd out!!!!!!

Posted by Dan Lycett on October 24, 2006 5:59 PMReport this comment

At last the perfect articulation of how I, and the overwhelming majority of my fellow supporters feel - not only about the obvious state of the club, but also an insight for the rest of the country means to be a Geordie.

Newcastle United is so much more to us than just a football club and it hurts like hell to see shepherd destroy it

I desperately want to make a protest and stay away from games but I can't - it's my birthright to support NUFC and I will til I die

Posted by ian dickinson on October 24, 2006 5:45 PMReport this comment

Excellent article and so true. The one thing this club lacks is patience. Shepherd has no patience with the managers, the players show no patience on the ball and resort to hoofing it up the middle, and the fans appear to the outsiders to have no patience. The truth is we are not impatient, we are frustrated, frustrated at seeing our fanatic support and loyalty being abused by Freddy Shepherd.

Posted by Jim.Greenfield on October 24, 2006 5:14 PM

Report this comment

One only has to look at teams like Chelsea to recognise that wealthy and progressive owners make a difference to performance of a football club not like the out-of-date leadership of Newcastle United.

Posted by Sidney C Todd on October 24, 2006 5:12 PMReport this comment

99% of Newcastle fans will agree with this article, Shepherd has turned a club who not so long ago were seen as the entertainers, into a clown parade and he has to go.

Posted by Neil from Shiremoor on October 24, 2006 5:06 PMReport this comment

Thankyou for publishing a story the likes of which the snivelling sycophantic North East press would have been too scared to contemplate. It's sad how the London-based press seem to have more of an insight into Geordies' feelings than what "our" mouthpiece does.

Shepherd out!

Posted by Geordie_In_Manc on October 24, 2006 5:01 PMReport this comment

Shepherd has been an infection in our club for too long. He has hidden behind the likes of Shearer and now he has no talisman to hide behind. He should have gone after the imfamous insults to Newcastle women etc.

Posted by Jimbothemag on October 24, 2006 4:56 PM

Report this comment

I was so pleased by this article, that I thought I would post a second comment to the effect that I have sent a cut out copy direct to the club, in the hope that it will be read by Freddy Shepherd, and that he will take note of the sentiments and sell his shares.

Posted by Nigel Marshall on October 24, 2006 4:53 PM

Report this comment

Fantastic article Henry, please keep this up to help put pressure on getting rid of the Chairman who is destroying OUR club.

Posted by Richard Flinn on October 24, 2006 4:30 PM

Report this comment

excellent article henry shame our local press haven`t got the minerals to say the truth of what is really going on at our club shephard and hall out

Posted by gary tate on October 24, 2006 4:19 PM

Report this comment

That was a fantastic piece Mr Winter and sums up the feelings of mine and the majority of NUFC fans. I always like reading your articles and you come across very well when you’re eating Croissants and drinking Orange Juice (I’m sure some of the other Journalists have Vodka in theirs mind!) on that programme with Jimmy Hill on Sky Sports but that is the best article I’ve read from you.

Great stuff mate; the article has gone down an absolute treat with the NUFC fans that I know.

Posted by Paully, Hebburn. on October 24, 2006 4:07 PM

Report this comment

Excellent article, thie just shows the ground swell of support for a Freddie out campaign.

Posted by TEDDY MAUGHAN on October 24, 2006 4:03 PM

Report this comment

Great article Henry. It sums up exactly my feelings and the shambles that Shepherd has presided over. It is criminal the way he has destroyed our club all the while reaping huge personal rewards. I, like the vast majority of Newcastle fans, despise this man and pray and hope that he sells up soon; which is after all the only way we will be rid of this clown.

Posted by Sned on October 24, 2006 3:46 PMReport this comment

AT last, a member of the press who realises what the club means to the City of Newcastle and what a complete disaster Mr Shepherd has been as Chairman of Newcastle United. He has taken us from almost champions to relegation contenders and his mismanagement of MY football club has left me heartbroken. As I used to say on the Gallowgate at the end of the 80's - "SACK THE BOARD - SHEPHERD OUT"

Posted by Craig Dixon, Prudhoe on October 24, 2006 3:44 PM

Report this comment

Excellent article Henry!

I hope that this is a turning point in the history of NUFC - when 10 years of Shepherd's ineptitude are finally brought to an end.

It just sickens me that the greedy so and so is going to walk away with an absolute fortune in his wallet.

But Shepherd HAS to go!

Posted by Graeme H on October 24, 2006 3:43 PM

Report this comment

Shepherd spends too much time meddling in the football side of things (and will always go for the trophy signing over the needed signing).

The only way to remove the nonsense soap opera that has been NUFC for the last 9.5 years is to remove one of the root causes.

We need someone with vision, not just someone that stumbles from one crisis to the next with headline grabbing PR to try and smooth things over inbetween.

Posted by Dave Norman on October 24, 2006 3:40 PM

Report this comment

At last a writer in the national media goes beyond the usual bad defence cliche and points to the real problem at Newcastle. If only Alan Oliver had the guts to write this kind of article. Sheperd has been able to hide behind the fans loyalty to the club for far too long.

Posted by Alex on October 24, 2006 3:37 PM

Report this comment

Well done Henry.

At last a top flight columnist writing what I have been saying for over 2 years. I'm not a great fan of Sir John Hall, but with him at the helm we were something and players couldn't get pen to contract quick enough. Perhaps if he would come back, at least to the end of the season, we would feel more confident about the future.

Posted by arthur silver on October 24, 2006 3:34 PMReport this comment

Congratulations and thank you for a prescient and welcome article. The fans' opposition to Shepherd, growing by the day, is because we recognise how badly he has managed the club. We welcome your recognition that he has done so in his own interest and ignored what is right for the club from a long term perspective. When will he realise that big trophy signings will not placate us, and do not bring about the success that we deserve. Only long term strategy and planning will do that. Bring on the takeover and lets hope that new owners understand that good scouting and academies bring success, expensive signings do not.

Posted by Nigel Marshall on October 24, 2006 3:30 PMReport this comment

First of all may I thank you Mr. Winter for telling it like it is, spot on. I still fear that the situation will remain as it is.

Many fans have commented on the financial support given to managers by Mr. Shepherd but as previously mentioned it is the clubs money not his. I would like to also point out that the Government have supposedly increased spending on public services e.g. the NHS/Education etc. but has that helped?...

Currently the club has no direction, no morale, no drive, and no bright future. We need some pride back in our club and fast.

It is time for change, NOW!

Posted by AP Toon on October 24, 2006 3:17 PMReport this comment

Henry Winter has always impressed me as a football

journalist - on this occasion he has surpassed. One

of the best articles i've read which accurately

describes the shambles that is now Newcastle

United that Shepherd has created with his

arrogance, greed and total ineptitude. It's a shame

that the name of Douglas Hall is not also sighted in

this article. He is as much to blame as Shepherd.

Posted by David Beaton on October 24, 2006 3:15 PMReport this comment

You are the "Winter" of our discontent!! Perfectly sums up the situation at St James Scrapyard. I remember very well standing in SJP many years ago souting "Westwood must go, out in the snow" now is the time for FS to go out in this winters snow. We need to be run quietly behind the scenes, and strongly by a TOP CLASS MANAGER, not cheap alternatives (sorry Glenn).

Posted by Kevin on October 24, 2006 3:03 PM

Report this comment

Is this a record number of comments in the shortest period of time ? That's because NU have the best support!

Posted by John R . Thompson on October 24, 2006 2:55 PMReport this comment

Shep is a poor excuse for a football director. He has never been forgiven for calling geordie women 'dogs' etc.

He does not deserve to be in charge of this great club. Many of us would gladly sell our right legs to get a chance of being able to run NUFC, he has no idea how priviledged he is and due to that fact alone he should go.

Go Freddy, in the name of all that is holy please just GO!

Posted by Tyneside scott on October 24, 2006 2:51 PMReport this comment

Just a quick comment on what bill kimage has had to say. Your right SBR did get us in the Champions League under FF. Then FF sacked him. Then he chose to replace him with Souness. He then sacked him. He then got in Roeder and you can see where we are now.

Can you see why it's time FF went.

Posted by Phil on October 24, 2006 2:43 PMReport this comment

Just a quick comment on what Dave Allen has had to say. Your right SBR did get us in the Champions League under FF. Then FF sacked him. Then he chose to replace him with Souness. He then sacked him. He then got in Roeder and you can see where we are now.

Can you see why it's time FF went.

Posted by Phil on October 24, 2006 2:41 PMReport this comment

There must be more posts supporting this article than there will be fans at St James' on Wednesday night. Well Done.

Posted by Ian on October 24, 2006 2:36 PMReport this comment

Thank you, every word is true. Newcastle fans pay the price for devoted loyalty. Shephard has to go.

Posted by Sue Donathy on October 24, 2006 2:36 PMReport this comment

Good article.

The sentiments posted here accurately reflect the views and opinions of the fans I think.I for one cannot say too much on this matter, but there is a great deal more going on behind the scenes that we may see.We would welcome a takeover from any legitimate and open investors ( of any nationality, we dont just want GEORDIES) and at least 52,000 loyal fans are waiting to give you their support and backing. All we want is openness and honesty.We dont even mind if you make money out of us!

Posted by snorky on October 24, 2006 2:34 PM

Report this comment

Henry,

Well done on an excellent piece of work. It was my concern after seeing Alan Olivers' attempts to

put out the fire yesterday on SSN that this latest attempt to rouse up the feeling of discontent was not going to come to anything; however having read your piece that has brought attention to national level I feel more confident that we can make this snowball and get this current joke of a club sorted.

Well done again Henry and keep it up boys, lets not let this one lie.

Posted by Jimmy C on October 24, 2006 2:27 PMReport this comment

In response to steve mcgill's comments below.

Yes, Freddie has spent a lot of money but firstly, that is not his money, it is the money we as fans have ploughed into the club, only to see no return in the way of trophies. secondly, while he may show ambition in the transfer market, his lack of judgement had severly undermined him and our chances of success. just spending money is not enough to win trophies, you must back it up with intelligent and sensible planning. in terms of being a Chairman, this means getting the club right behind-the-scenes, and appointing the right manager. Shepherd has done neither of these things so must go.

If someone else comes in as owner they will still have the same amount of (our) money to spend, but may plan the future of the club in a more capable manner. They may not too, but most fans have reached the stage where they feel it is worth taking the risk.

Shepherd Out.

Posted by John, Blaydon on October 24, 2006 2:26 PMReport this comment

Hit the nail on the head Henry, an absolutely accurate account of the feelings us supporters have. Pity the local press are not brave enough to file the same account. Hope Oliver has read this article.

Posted by Alan Flinn on October 24, 2006 2:23 PM

Report this comment

From an impartial observer/neighbour in Hartlepool Henry W's article hits its very large target dead square.Its sad to watch a club with so much potential be abused as a cash cow.

Posted by Paul Robson on October 24, 2006 2:18 PMReport this comment

Fantastic article giving the true feelings of the fans.

We have been let down, and gagged by the

local press.

SHEPHERD OUT!

Posted by Mike B on October 24, 2006 2:15 PM

Report this comment

So when was this undying support born?

I remember the last tough times at SJP were synonymous with a lot of empty terracing.

Posted by Peter Campbell on October 24, 2006 2:09 PM

Report this comment

Freddie Shepherd is the ill of Newcastle United, no doubt about it.

He brought utter shame to our club - insulted our ladies, sneared Shearer as Marry Poppin, ridiculed the supporters as replica shirts buyers, and showed contempt at lower league clubs just because they don't have a massive supporter base.

Any reasonable Geordie should be thoroughly embarrassed, not least he is the one who pumps up the idea of Geordie Nation just to inflate his pocket.

Go away Freddie Sheperd. You are a shame to us, once you resign you will never be upheld as a hero of Geordie Nation. You will be the villain, forever will be, no matter how badly your successor does.

You lust for power and money. You got our money, you still got the power. But let's us see what would happen after you resign. You are a shame to all of us.

Shame! Shame! Shame!

Posted by Dilston Mag on October 24, 2006 2:09 PMReport this comment

Lovely Article, Keep them coming.

Posted by Sam Jellicoe on October 24, 2006 2:06 PMReport this comment

This article sums up the mood of the city. Thank you Mr Winter.

Posted by Andrew Noble on October 24, 2006 2:01 PMReport this comment

So acurate!!!!

Posted by Mark Bowes on October 24, 2006 2:00 PM

Report this comment

Fred, we know you don't have a conscience, so just listen to the 50,000 fans at the next home game.

We're fed up with you.

Posted by Gav H on October 24, 2006 1:58 PMReport this comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you Henry. We have felt for a long long time that there is no hope for our beloved club. You have given us a light at the end of the tunnel. Please keep this up as our local journalists are afraid to in case they are not allowed anymore interviews and that would affect paper sales. John Gibson is the only Chronicle man that ever talks sense, but we imagine even his hands are tied to a certain extent. As season ticket holders for years (we are late 50's) we feel we will die before we see anything won with this man Shepherd in charge.

Posted by Homer S on October 24, 2006 1:50 PMReport this comment

He shouldn't go now. He's been the underlying problem for a long time, but if he left now it would be by selling to a venture capital outfit. They would be more ruthless in penny-pinching and wouldn't take the gambles on £10m players Freddie has. We'd get worse.

Posted by Tim Wilson on October 24, 2006 1:50 PMReport this comment

An outstanding article. Summed up perfectly. Shepherd out!

Nice one HW

Posted by Steve on October 24, 2006 1:43 PMReport this comment

Well done Henry, another excellent article. In tune with the local fans opinions and wishes.

Keep it up.

Posted by Paul on October 24, 2006 1:42 PMReport this comment

Please turn the lights off on your way out Freddie boy...

Posted by terry hibberts left foot on October 24, 2006 1:39 PM

Report this comment

Great piece from a well-respected journalist. Henry, you are spot-on with your comments with one very important exception. The fans WILL abandon the club and the signs are already there to see. I'm old enough to remember the Fairs Cup win and was a regular in the Gallowgate End from 1972 onwards. By the time the 1980's came around, the fans had deserted the club in droves, leaving home gates around the 15,000 mark. I lost interest and, despite being a season ticket holder for many years, I gave it up last season and don't have to renew any longer as there's enough spare seats to buy a ticket game per game. There's no doubt, the club is on the slide and, this time, it's not about the manager.

Posted by David Atkinson on October 24, 2006 1:35 PMReport this comment

Thanks Henry,

Enough is enough!

I'm fed up of NUFC being column fodder for the press.

Let's hope that your articulate and accurate summary of the debacle at SJP can mark the start of a process of change.

I for one will put my name behind a "Shepherd OUT!" campaign - only a FUNDAMENTAL change within the club's hierarchy will bring about the genuine reform needed.

HOWAY THE LADS

Posted by Jonnrz on October 24, 2006 1:33 PMReport this comment

Top class article. Sums up the feelings of the majority of fans. The black and white tinted specs of the adoring faithful have come off and the fan base are realising that we've been shortchanged and hoodwinked for years.

Hopefully the current upsurge against Shepherd will transfer to large scale demonstrations and the end of the frankly embarrassing Shepherd era.

Posted by Nick on October 24, 2006 1:32 PMReport this comment

All I can say is thank you. Someone in the national press who actually understands what is happening and how the fans up here feel. Something even the local press either fail to notice or don't want to acknowledge due to the privileged position some reporters are put in by the current administration.

Keep it going and you will have a whole city as a friend for life.

The sooner this man is ousted the better NUFC and English football as a whole will be.

Well done.

Posted by Richard Hattel on October 24, 2006 1:31 PM

Report this comment

A truly brilliant article which totally sums up the situation. Every independant Newcastle United forum shares this view and it's high time it was publicised in the written press. Mr Winter I thank you sincerely. Shame the local evening press could not have taken this lead and been the voice for the fans instead of, quite clearly, a voice for the club - quite how the chief editor can make a video interview following the Middlesbrough game stating, and I quote, "crisis, what crisis?" is totally beyond the imagination of any true fan of Newcastle United.

Hopefully the fools who are in charge of (and ruining) this football club will take notice, do the honourable thing and step aside. It's time for change. Sir John Hall lifted this club to wonderful heights in the mid 90s, it's been in permanent decline ever since.

Time for the current chairman to go. For once Mr Shepherd, listen to your paying public and go!

Posted by Craig Hayton on October 24, 2006 1:29 PM

Report this comment

Thanks for saying what the local press do not have the guts to say. ALAN OLIVER PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

Posted by Bob Ayre on October 24, 2006 1:28 PM

Report this comment

a well writen story,thanks very much and hopefully shepherd will take note and leave and take roeder with him.

Posted by john marshall on October 24, 2006 1:25 PMReport this comment

Shepherd out-Enough said

Posted by Tony Hemy on October 24, 2006 1:24 PMReport this comment

Well said Mr Winter.

A very accurate assesment of the situation that the loyal fans find themselves in.

It is refreshing to read that an esteemed journalist such as yourself can see the true picture and know what the fans know, this club can only move forward when he is gone.

Posted by Amy on October 24, 2006 1:22 PM

Report this comment

I don't always agree with Henry Winter's comments, but this considered piece is accurate and sums up perfectly what a lot of fans are thinking.

I expect Mr Winter's press pass for St James will be rescinded forthwith- no dissent from the official line allowed!

Posted by P Muzz on October 24, 2006 1:20 PMReport this comment

Excellent article Mr Winter - expresses very nicely what a lot of fans are feeling at the moment.

Freddy Shepherd constantly reminds us of the money he has spent at the club as though it were his money, where in actual fact it all comes from the fans.

We're further away from silverware now than at any point since he took over.

Enough is enough - have some dignity, and leave now please.

Posted by Martin Hill on October 24, 2006 1:13 PM

Report this comment

Well said Henry, the article on Shepherd hits the nail squarely on the head.

Posted by Kevin Reay on October 24, 2006 1:08 PMReport this comment

Love the article, no local journo (Yes you Mr Alan oliver) would have dared to write that for fear of Shepherd banning him from the ground.

Hope you bring this subject up next time you are on Sky Sports Jimmy Hill talk show and on the Sky Sports phone in.

Posted by Mavis Beacon on October 24, 2006 1:06 PMReport this comment

One of the best, if not the best article I have ever read about Newcastle United. I love my club but I know that it's rotten to the core & will remain so with Shepherd at the helm.

Have NUFC still got an office in Gibraltar ? If so, what for ?

A brilliant article - more of the same please - Shepherd must go - along with "playboy" Douglas Hall.

Posted by Dave Allen on October 24, 2006 1:01 PMReport this comment

lets all blame freddy, and lets all blame titus for our defence.

as usual my fellow toon army look for the easy scape goat

i aint no fan of FF but he has pumped our money into the club, and you cant argue with the signings of emre,duff,parker,owen

if we think that we will be better off under the belgravia consortium, then we are kidding ourselves. big style!!!

lest we forget that SBR had us in the champion's league and playing good football, all that was under the time of shepherd, and there was no grumbling then

did shepherd get rossi on loan and then not play him? the problem is not just FF

Posted by Leazes clone on October 24, 2006 1:00 PM

Report this comment

This is the first part of the story we have been waiting to read since the Fake Sheik expose. It is long overdue, it is going to kick off in the next 10 days - and even our local papers will have to remove the blinkers. You forgot to mention that Douglas Hall, no one knows what he does! Justice may not have been swift, but we know it is coming!!

Posted by Ed Ward on October 24, 2006 12:56 PMReport this comment

pleasure to read....well done

Posted by Alan Parker on October 24, 2006 12:54 PMReport this comment

Thanks Henry.

Great to know that there are people out there who care about what happens to us. One thing though - you dont mention Douglas Hall in your article, who I (and others) firmly believe is equally culpable as Shepherd in this mess, if not more. He was the one who made us a laughing stock by his arrogant boasts claiming (amongst other things), that we were "bigger than Barcelona", had "more money than Man United" and if I remember correctly, he came out with the "dogs" insult also. Keep up what you are doing, but give him the stick he richly deserves as well.

SHEPHERD (AND HALL!!!) OUT

Posted by Alan Thompson on October 24, 2006 12:53 PMReport this comment

Henry,

Thanks for an accurate and truthful article. You have published nationally what I and all my fellow Newcastle supporting friends and family have been saying for a while. Shepherd has ATTEMPTED to rip the pride and soul out of our club to the point where we are the joke of the Premiership. His high-spending tactics haven't worked in the long-term.

Just sell up Fred and go and spend all the money we've put in your pocket. We just want our club back.

Posted by Graeme Langhorne on October 24, 2006 12:50 PM

Report this comment

Thank you Henry for writing in the national press what a majority of Newcastle fans have been thinking for years. Shepherd is the common denominator over the last 10 years as to why we have dropped from a top 2 club to relegation candidates. WE WELCOME ANY NEW INVESTORS WITH OPEN ARMS - PLEASE COME AND BUY US!!!

Thank god there are journalists like you about with some integrity rather than the sycophantic jokes like ALan Oliver of the Eve

Edited by Toonpack

Nearly as bad as reading Toxy the ronnie gill serial texter.

must be kidding if he thinks I'm reading all of that :unsure:

you've got a point like! :(

although I did notice Mr GeordieMessiah in there.

There's a few familiar names on there.

foook me so there is, a certain Mr Craig Hayton for one. :(

Fuck me, what an abortion of a thread. Don't know what's worse, cutting and pasting something that you probably won't finish reading before you die or embedded quotes?

Either way it's the area of fuckwits. I take it the OP has read the entire thing?

Heavy duty man :unsure:

However, before I gave up the will to live, I spotted these two:

Thanks you very much this is the feeling of the real fans of tyneside

I was sitting with 3000 fans waiting for the arrival of Guillt when he became manager first they were an hour late then a toothless grey hired man lead the entourage onto the pitch. Totally amateruish

Posted by Alan Browell on October 24, 2006 6:13 PM

Report this comment

Mr Shepherd is no Steve Gibson, but who is?

You obviously don’t get to SJP very often.

Posted by One Flew Over The Magpies Nest on October 24, 2006 6:12 PM

One pro, though totally away with the mixer! Gullit/ Grey-haired man wtf ???

And one against. Posted by someone 'over the magpies nest' so his sanity has to be called into question as well.

Oh, and I noticed a reply from an 'Alex' ????

This is the only reply on there that Leazes need concern himself with:

Great article. This is what all Newcastle fans want (except NE5/Leazes Mag) - a recognition from the man at the top at Newcastle United that his time is up and that his days of pulling the wool over the eyes of the fans with trophy signings and waffling about Geordie power are over. Shepherd out.

Posted by Gemmill on October 24, 2006 9:17 AM

Fame at last for both of us, LM. :unsure:

Nearly as bad as reading Toxy the ronnie gill serial texter.

must be kidding if he thinks I'm reading all of that :unsure:

you've got a point like! :(

although I did notice Mr GeordieMessiah in there.

There's a few familiar names on there.

foook me so there is, a certain Mr Craig Hayton for one. :(

OK, which wise-crack has been using my identity? :D

(Had hoped that comment had slipped through without notice :D)