A "must watch" tonight

Paul

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last nights Royle Family was astonishingly poor- a real travesty. The sentiment was laid on thicker than a hookers make up. Watch the episodes from the first two series to see just how far this classic slipped in the last series and last nights saccarine-fest.

That's what final episodes tend to do though, say goodbye to the characters sentimentally (apart from Seinfeld of course, which was typically bitter to the end). I thought it was very real myself, certainly it never went to Office style lengths to tie up everyone's lives nice and neatly. It was played as just another event in the Royle life.

I do think if thats the best Cash and Aherne could come up with then they should have left it as it was. For me, Jim receiving Sky TV for Christmas (in the last episode barring last nights) was the perfect end to the series. I'm disappointed as i'm a huge fan but it just didnt feel right. Not only did they include unneccessary songs clips, they also removed the show from the Royle household for the first time. Why didnt they just let Nana die at home? It seemed as if they were just dragging the death out to pull at heartstrings.

In hindsight I think you've got a point there, I initally thought the scene where Barbara found her was (and should have been) when she died.

Aye, mid-1970's at least :icon_lol:

Checked IMDb and apparently it first aired in 1992, 14 years ago. Thus it's 1974 at the very least. Needs more Slade.

Incidentally, according to IMDb: 'If you like this title, we also recommend...

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)'

--------> :lol: tbh

Trying to spear him in the side? Bastard tbh.

Quicker death than that crucifixion malarkey tbh. You hate the Baby Jesus.

They crucified and speared him actually :icon_lol: [/catholic pedanticness]

Trying to spear him in the side? Bastard tbh.

Quicker death than that crucifixion malarkey tbh. You hate the Baby Jesus.

They crucified and speared him actually :blush: [/catholic pedanticness]

Bah. :icon_lol: