F F S................

Noelie

What's the crack then? I'm still confused ;) Did we get in because we won it and West Brom didn't get in as it was an extra place allocated to the winner? Or did we get in due to our league position (with the one club per city anomaly)?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevieintoon

What's the crack then? I'm still confused ;) Did we get in because we won it and West Brom didn't get in as it was an extra place allocated to the winner? Or did we get in due to our league position (with the one club per city anomaly)?

We got in because Liverpool finished higher than Everton, so that one city cloy was gone, same with Chelsea, Spurs and West Ham, because Arsenal had come highest of the London clubs. Disgrace when you think Everton weren't allowed in any competition, they came 3rd and we came 9th.

We got in because Liverpool finished higher than Everton, so that one city cloy was gone, same with Chelsea, Spurs and West Ham, because Arsenal had come highest of the London clubs. Disgrace when you think Everton weren't allowed in any competition, they came 3rd and we came 9th.

I meant the following season, i.e. after the Fair's Cup win btw - '69-'70.

I would accept the club was in "decline" if they did not show ambition which would then give me the feeling that we had no chance of ever being successful. However, if we do appoint the "right" manager then they would back him and therefore we would be successful. Why do you not consider qualifying for europe to be fairly successful ? Put to one side the fact that we know under Keegan we nearly won the league, as you accept that you can't realistically expect that forever, so judge the last decade on its merits.

Surely the Leeds board showed ambition when they spent millions they didn't have? Surely their relentless spending showed ambition even as they fell freely down the league? the point that I'm trying to make is that Ambition is not in anyway a mark of success or building for the future. Ambition is somethingthat you cannot have success without, but you can have ambition and utter failure, just like Leeds. Now the Newcastle board of the last ten years have thrown piles of cash at the club, but with a little bit more sense we could still be duking it out with the red sides of Manchester, London and Liverpool. Instead we're mixing our lot with also-rans and ...brummies :D

Would you feel better if we had won the League Cup during this period, would you still say the club was in "decline". Personally, I think the club has deserved this for the effort they have put in to trying to be successful, why we haven't at least done this is another matter and there are reasons for it which in my opinion are not down to the board, as said elsewhere.
If we had won a cup, in all honesty my anger towards the board may be slightly lessened, but I would still maintain that league position/performance above all else is the marker of success. Look at Blackburn and Boro', they've recently won the cup and yet I'd say we're in a better state than the pair of them. Inevitably this brings an unwanted comparison between two teams that I personally see as mediocre at best.

I don't buy owt from the shop, or not much. And I accept your point about corporate customers and the like, its part of the game today at these levels we operate at, I don't have any wish to see interest fade in NUFC, any more than you do.

Numerous people say "Fred out". For who ? This in my eyes means they just want a change no matter what. There is no point in making a change if it is not going to do better, and so far nobody has indicated they are prepared to do better, and have the belief and best interests of the club at heart to do better.

I would like the club to be taken over by someone rich and ambitious enough to capitalise on the clubs support as much as anyone, I've said before the Keegan years proved we can beat anybody in that respect, when half the city wanted to go to games.

but half the city went to the games because we were playing good football, we were entertaining. This is not something that can be said of the football on display now. I know this is not neccesarily Shepherd and the Board's remit, but surely you (with your experience) can see that with better decisions Newcastle United would have maintained their place at the top of the table.

Thanks for the reply BTW.

No problem, you're not being as ornery as normal and I appreciate it.

What's the crack then? I'm still confused :D Did we get in because we won it and West Brom didn't get in as it was an extra place allocated to the winner? Or did we get in due to our league position (with the one club per city anomaly)?

I meant the following season, i.e. after the Fair's Cup win btw - '69-'70.

It all seems inconclusive now Alex. I think - and I'm trying to remember here - that on the first occasion, we qualified in 10th place because of the one city one club rule, and were the 4th team from England this being the year FIFA/UEFA increased the entrants from 3 teams to 4 and because Leeds had been League Cup Winners and 3rd in the league achieved a double qualification. I suspect that this co-incided with Alan Hardaker staging the League Cup Final at Wembley and putting the winners forward for a european spot to raise the profile of the competition. The first Wembley Final was in 1967 when QPR beat West Brom 3-2. The 2nd final in 1968 was won 1-0 by Leeds, who also finished 3rd in the league.

At some stage between then and 1971, when we had 5 teams, they had input a rule to incorporate the winners of the competition, hence England having 5 teams and Arsenal being the holders.

Not sure really, but myself and sammy are both close to however it happened, whatever it was.

I would accept the club was in "decline" if they did not show ambition which would then give me the feeling that we had no chance of ever being successful. However, if we do appoint the "right" manager then they would back him and therefore we would be successful. Why do you not consider qualifying for europe to be fairly successful ? Put to one side the fact that we know under Keegan we nearly won the league, as you accept that you can't realistically expect that forever, so judge the last decade on its merits.

Surely the Leeds board showed ambition when they spent millions they didn't have? Surely their relentless spending showed ambition even as they fell freely down the league? the point that I'm trying to make is that Ambition is not in anyway a mark of success or building for the future. Ambition is somethingthat you cannot have success without, but you can have ambition and utter failure, just like Leeds. Now the Newcastle board of the last ten years have thrown piles of cash at the club, but with a little bit more sense we could still be duking it out with the red sides of Manchester, London and Liverpool. Instead we're mixing our lot with also-rans and ...brummies :D

Would you feel better if we had won the League Cup during this period, would you still say the club was in "decline". Personally, I think the club has deserved this for the effort they have put in to trying to be successful, why we haven't at least done this is another matter and there are reasons for it which in my opinion are not down to the board, as said elsewhere.
If we had won a cup, in all honesty my anger towards the board may be slightly lessened, but I would still maintain that league position/performance above all else is the marker of success. Look at Blackburn and Boro', they've recently won the cup and yet I'd say we're in a better state than the pair of them. Inevitably this brings an unwanted comparison between two teams that I personally see as mediocre at best.

I don't buy owt from the shop, or not much. And I accept your point about corporate customers and the like, its part of the game today at these levels we operate at, I don't have any wish to see interest fade in NUFC, any more than you do.

Numerous people say "Fred out". For who ? This in my eyes means they just want a change no matter what. There is no point in making a change if it is not going to do better, and so far nobody has indicated they are prepared to do better, and have the belief and best interests of the club at heart to do better.

I would like the club to be taken over by someone rich and ambitious enough to capitalise on the clubs support as much as anyone, I've said before the Keegan years proved we can beat anybody in that respect, when half the city wanted to go to games.

but half the city went to the games because we were playing good football, we were entertaining. This is not something that can be said of the football on display now. I know this is not neccesarily Shepherd and the Board's remit, but surely you (with your experience) can see that with better decisions Newcastle United would have maintained their place at the top of the table.

Thanks for the reply BTW.

No problem, you're not being as ornery as normal and I appreciate it.

I think Leeds were extremely reckless, don't you ? They borrowed money to buy players, very foolish. They also don't have the support that we do, never have had, and never will have.

I know one or two Leeds supporters, who are OK and friends of mine, who I told them at the time what I thought was happening, but they wouldn't have it. They both went on european jaunts though and enjoyed them. No consolation now I suppose. They know the club is in the shit. I do have the occasional mild gloat :gettin:

We were brilliant under Keegan, the football was brilliant, but sadly I don't think we will see the likes of that magic and rise up from the depths again, although we could be successful. Of course better decisions could have been made, but at the time most of us thought Dalglish was a good choice. What really pisses me off now - and its only hindsight - is that I wonder what could have happened if he had had more time. He may have been different to Keegan, but he knew how to win the trophies. If Shearer hadn't been injured, his time may well have been very different.

I agree with your comments about the smoggies, to a lesser extent Blackburn because they also won the league, but an isolated League Cup thrown in with relegation and the knowlede that you are a small club and always will be, against Champions League runs, more consistent league placings, bigger players etc and the knowledge that we are a much bigger draw altogether, I'm not sure I would swap that.

Edited by LeazesMag

and your knowledge and experience of Newcastle is what exactly ?

Surely this question can't be directed at me LeazesMag!!

Surely you can't be asking a 74 year old Geordie gadgee what his knowledge and experience of Newcastle is!!

A lad who was weaned on Stubbins & Milburn, Brennan & Mitchell, was in his late teens and early twenties when we won the Cup 3 times, stood in the Gallowgate end in the rain & snow on more than one occasion. Followed the Lads in any which way I could since a schoolboy(before you were born) and never faltered in my support no matter where I was, who was playing, who was in charge, and what division they were in.

I think I should take me soap-box away so you can't clamber up on it to spout your egotistical pedantic rhetoric which for the most part is hypothetical nonsense. :D

Strange, it would appear you can't add up, if you think I was born after Mitchell and Milburn played for the club :D

It's not a question of addition, it's a question of someone who apparently can't digest and understand what has been written by someone other than himself. I never indicated in any way my thoughts on when you were born other than to say that I was a schoolboy fan before you were born. Pray tell me when you were born, I was a schoolboy from 1936 to 1948 and that's not hard to add up.

I don't know how long you have lived in Canada,

I have NEVER lived in Canada, how long have you lived in the real world?

but it is fair to say winning the cup 3 times in 5 years must have been brilliant. Assuming you have lived in Canada for a substantial part of the 50 years that have passed since that time, you will be slightly oblivious to how far the club had dived, until 1992. That is my point.

You are obviously not aware that there are things like short-wave radios, telephones, newspapers, television-sets, e-mail, and old-time letter writing to keep in touch. SO, what is your inane point?

Pay more attention to what others think and don't be so wrapped up in what you think.

Ok then California.

I accept your pitiful apology for your gross geograhical mistake.

As for the rest, its very difficult for someone on the other side of the world to have a true perspective of the club. One or two people do, but in my opinion, you are not one of them.

Frankly I have no interest whatsoever in your opinion of my true perspective of the club, in fact I place no value or importance on any of your opinions as I see you as a pompous ass who thinks he knows more about club matters than anyone else does.

You should pay more attention to what people tell you who have been closer to the club than you have over these decades. And I have absolutely no reason to tell it anything other than how I have experienced it.

Surely you're not saying I should listen to no one but you because you have been closer to the club than anyone and your experience is what matters.

I have supported the club since 1964. I am 52. A young looking and fairly fit 52 I may add, which must have been through following NUFC all those years ..... as we've always had a good board like this one, played in europe, never been relegated, never sold our best players etc :gettin: as some people on here appear to think

52 eh, well that gives me a few more years of seniority as a Newcassel supporter doesn't it. By the way, in regard to selling best players, seems to me we sold 'Wee Hughie' to Chelsea, the 'Clown Prince' to Sunderland, Eastham to Arsenal. We were always a 'selling club' as shown by those early ones and the later ones like Gazza & Waddle. Wake-up son, I think you headed the ball once too often and it's addled your brain.

Surely you can't be asking a 74 year old Geordie gadgee what his knowledge and experience of Newcastle is!!

A lad who was weaned on Stubbins & Milburn, Brennan & Mitchell, was in his late teens and early twenties when we won the Cup 3 times, stood in the Gallowgate end in the rain & snow on more than one occasion. Followed the Lads in any which way I could since a schoolboy(before you were born) and never faltered in my support no matter where I was, who was playing, who was in charge, and what division they were in.

I think I should take me soap-box away so you can't clamber up on it to spout your egotistical pedantic rhetoric which for the most part is hypothetical nonsense. :nufc:

and directors coming into the club who are automatically better than the current board isn't hypothetical nonsense ? Someone of your age should be less idealistic and more realistic than that. If anything, such a comment shows me how out of touch you are with the football club, but I realised that ages ago, as I have said already.

Ok then California.

not an apology, I basically couldn't give a toss where you live.

As for the rest, its very difficult for someone on the other side of the world to have a true perspective of the club. One or two people do, but in my opinion, you are not one of them.

Frankly I have no interest whatsoever in your opinion of my true perspective of the club, in fact I place no value or importance on any of your opinions as I see you as a pompous ass who thinks he knows more about club matters than anyone else does.

Shame, I see you as someone who thinks he knows about the club but basically forgot about it when it was really crap. I bet your interest in the club has been revived by the very board you slate ? :D:gettin: but are too stupid to accept or admit it.

You should pay more attention to what people tell you who have been closer to the club than you have over these decades. And I have absolutely no reason to tell it anything other than how I have experienced it.

Surely you're not saying I should listen to no one but you because you have been closer to the club than anyone and your experience is what matters.

You could listen to anyone who has followed the club - properly - more than you. But I don't give a toss if you do that either, if you trot out the usual shit that KK bandwagon jumpers spout I would continue to point out you have zero perspective through lack of knowledge of what the current board took over in 1992.

I think the height of arrogance and stupidity is to refuse to admit that someone closer to the club doesn't have more awareness than yourself.

I have supported the club since 1964. I am 52. A young looking and fairly fit 52 I may add, which must have been through following NUFC all those years ..... as we've always had a good board like this one, played in europe, never been relegated, never sold our best players etc :D as some people on here appear to think

52 eh, well that gives me a few more years of seniority as a Newcassel supporter doesn't it. By the way, in regard to selling best players, seems to me we sold 'Wee Hughie' to Chelsea, the 'Clown Prince' to Sunderland, Eastham to Arsenal. We were always a 'selling club' as shown by those early ones and the later ones like Gazza & Waddle. Wake-up son, I think you headed the ball once too often and it's addled your brain.

All clubs sell players ? I thought you said you knew your football :DB) Your comment here does nothing other than completely prove you have no idea of how poor the club was when they sold local lads like Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley and the impact it had on the subsequent fortunes of the club, due to using the money gained on building a stand and shopping around the 3rd division for replacements. I am pleased you seem to be unaware of this, but I guessed that already. You could also tell us how many locally born England players - or any other player - have wanted to leave the club in recent times for reasons of ambition and the desire to win things ? Do that, and substantiate your point, that the current board doesn't have an altogether more ambitious outlook than the one YOU defend, if you can.

To be honest, I know a bloke who saw the 50's too, and he paints a vastly different picture to how the club developed since that time to the one you do in comparison to the club nowadays. But that is because he - unlike you - has witnessed first hand how the club plummeted after those times.

Keep watching the news, but buy a better telescope B):nufc:

Edited by LeazesMag

I think I should take me soap-box away so you can't clamber up on it to spout your egotistical pedantic rhetoric which for the most part is hypothetical nonsense. :nufc:

and directors coming into the club who are automatically better than the current board isn't hypothetical nonsense ? Someone of your age should be less idealistic and more realistic than that. If anything, such a comment shows me how out of touch you are with the football club, but I realised that ages ago, as I have said already.

Ok then California.

Shame, I see you as someone who thinks he knows about the club but basically forgot about it when it was really crap. I bet your interest in the club has been revived by the very board you slate ? :D:gettin: but are too stupid to accept or admit it.

You could listen to anyone who has followed the club - properly - more than you. But I don't give a toss if you do that either, if you trot out the usual shit that KK bandwagon jumpers spout I would continue to point out you have zero perspective through lack of knowledge of what the current board took over in 1992.

I think the height of arrogance and stupidity is to refuse to admit that someone closer to the club doesn't have more awareness than yourself.

I have supported the club since 1964. I am 52. A young looking and fairly fit 52 I may add, which must have been through following NUFC all those years ..... as we've always had a good board like this one, played in europe, never been relegated, never sold our best players etc :D as some people on here appear to think

All clubs sell players ? I thought you said you knew your football :DB) Your comment here does nothing other than completely prove you have no idea of how poor the club was when they sold local lads like Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley and the impact it had on the subsequent fortunes of the club, due to using the money gained on building a stand and shopping around the 3rd division for replacements. I am pleased you seem to be unaware of this, but I guessed that already. You could also tell us how many locally born England players - or any other player - have wanted to leave the club in recent times for reasons of ambition and the desire to win things ? Do that, and substantiate your point, that the current board doesn't have an altogether more ambitious outlook than the one YOU defend, if you can.

To be honest, I know a bloke who saw the 50's too, and he paints a vastly different picture to how the club developed since that time to the one you do in comparison to the club nowadays. But that is because he - unlike you - has witnessed first hand how the club plummeted after those times.

Keep watching the news, but buy a better telescope B):nufc:

Don't need a better telescope son, with the one I've got I can see clearly what you are, and what you're made of and sadly what I see has little substance and no value.

What I see is an egotistical soap-box orator who opines the world around him know nothing and he knows everything. Someone who lacks the intelligence to recognize when he is making a fool of himself and being goaded into making himself an even bigger fool by trying so hard to belittle and outdo an old gadgee who has him dangling like a puppet and is pulling the strings.

Give it a rest son, you can't win this one with your pedantic rhetoric and fixation on 1992. Bow out as gracefully as you can and don't continue to make youself a laughing stock in the eyes of your peers by trying to have the last word. :nufc:

I think I should take me soap-box away so you can't clamber up on it to spout your egotistical pedantic rhetoric which for the most part is hypothetical nonsense. :rolleyes:

Ok then California.

Shame, I see you as someone who thinks he knows about the club but basically forgot about it when it was really crap. I bet your interest in the club has been revived by the very board you slate ? :rolleyes::P but are too stupid to accept or admit it.

I have supported the club since 1964. I am 52. A young looking and fairly fit 52 I may add, which must have been through following NUFC all those years ..... as we've always had a good board like this one, played in europe, never been relegated, never sold our best players etc :P as some people on here appear to think

All clubs sell players ? I thought you said you knew your football :P:D Your comment here does nothing other than completely prove you have no idea of how poor the club was when they sold local lads like Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley and the impact it had on the subsequent fortunes of the club, due to using the money gained on building a stand and shopping around the 3rd division for replacements. I am pleased you seem to be unaware of this, but I guessed that already. You could also tell us how many locally born England players - or any other player - have wanted to leave the club in recent times for reasons of ambition and the desire to win things ? Do that, and substantiate your point, that the current board doesn't have an altogether more ambitious outlook than the one YOU defend, if you can.

Keep watching the news, but buy a better telescope :D:D

Don't need a better telescope son, with the one I've got I can see clearly what you are, and what you're made of and sadly what I see has little substance and no value.

What I see is an egotistical soap-box orator who opines the world around him know nothing and he knows everything. Someone who lacks the intelligence to recognize when he is making a fool of himself and being goaded into making himself an even bigger fool by trying so hard to belittle and outdo an old gadgee who has him dangling like a puppet and is pulling the strings.

Give it a rest son, you can't win this one with your pedantic rhetoric and fixation on 1992. Bow out as gracefully as you can and don't continue to make youself a laughing stock in the eyes of your peers by trying to have the last word. :)

I don't need a telescope laddie. My views are based on first hand experience of being close to the club and its fortunes over the last few decades etc, unlike yours.

A bit ironic you harp on about having the last word, then tell me not to do the same !!!!

As I said, if you can't see how far forward the current board have taken the club, it proves my point completely.

Shame, but I just knew that you would not deny that it is the current board who attracted your interest again, that you now slate. But all the KK bandwagon jumpers do the same, they must be pretty pissed off that they came back to the club because they thought we would win stuff and are now complaining like big bairns that they now view all their efforts to have been in vain.

I also knew you wouldn't answer my question asking you to name recent players who have left the club for reasons of ambition and to win things, like previous players did, because you quite simply can't. Instead of simply insulting someone because you say they are wrong, why not show us your intelligence [that you say you have], like an adult, answer these questions and prove that I am wrong ? You would love to prove me wrong and you know it, but you can't.

You could also study the league positions during the 30 odd years before this board took over, with your telescople ;)

I think it is fantastically funny that someone who has lived where you have for all those years can profess to have knowledge like others who have supported the club over these decades. Keep it up :rolleyes::)

Now. Answer the question about our best players wanting to leave, look at the league tables, and prove me wrong. Its all yours.

I think I should take me soap-box away so you can't clamber up on it to spout your egotistical pedantic rhetoric which for the most part is hypothetical nonsense. :rolleyes:

Ok then California.

Shame, I see you as someone who thinks he knows about the club but basically forgot about it when it was really crap. I bet your interest in the club has been revived by the very board you slate ? :rolleyes::P but are too stupid to accept or admit it.

I have supported the club since 1964. I am 52. A young looking and fairly fit 52 I may add, which must have been through following NUFC all those years ..... as we've always had a good board like this one, played in europe, never been relegated, never sold our best players etc :P as some people on here appear to think

All clubs sell players ? I thought you said you knew your football :P:D Your comment here does nothing other than completely prove you have no idea of how poor the club was when they sold local lads like Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley and the impact it had on the subsequent fortunes of the club, due to using the money gained on building a stand and shopping around the 3rd division for replacements. I am pleased you seem to be unaware of this, but I guessed that already. You could also tell us how many locally born England players - or any other player - have wanted to leave the club in recent times for reasons of ambition and the desire to win things ? Do that, and substantiate your point, that the current board doesn't have an altogether more ambitious outlook than the one YOU defend, if you can.

Keep watching the news, but buy a better telescope :D:D

Give it a rest son, you can't win this one with your pedantic rhetoric and fixation on 1992. Bow out as gracefully as you can and don't continue to make youself a laughing stock in the eyes of your peers by trying to have the last word. :)

I don't need a telescope laddie. My views are based on first hand experience of being close to the club and its fortunes over the last few decades etc, unlike yours.

A bit ironic you harp on about having the last word, then tell me not to do the same !!!!

As I said, if you can't see how far forward the current board have taken the club, it proves my point completely.

Shame, but I just knew that you would not deny that it is the current board who attracted your interest again, that you now slate. But all the KK bandwagon jumpers do the same, they must be pretty pissed off that they came back to the club because they thought we would win stuff and are now complaining like big bairns that they now view all their efforts to have been in vain.

I also knew you wouldn't answer my question asking you to name recent players who have left the club for reasons of ambition and to win things, like previous players did, because you quite simply can't. Instead of simply insulting someone because you say they are wrong, why not show us your intelligence [that you say you have], like an adult, answer these questions and prove that I am wrong ? You would love to prove me wrong and you know it, but you can't.

You could also study the league positions during the 30 odd years before this board took over, with your telescople ;)

I think it is fantastically funny that someone who has lived where you have for all those years can profess to have knowledge like others who have supported the club over these decades. Keep it up :rolleyes::)

Now. Answer the question about our best players wanting to leave, look at the league tables, and prove me wrong. Its all yours.

Fer Gawd's sake!

Aren't you smart enough to realize you are making a complete fool of youself with all your nonsense?

You should seek help before you end up in Coxlodge. :)

Ok then California.

Shame, I see you as someone who thinks he knows about the club but basically forgot about it when it was really crap. I bet your interest in the club has been revived by the very board you slate ? :P:D but are too stupid to accept or admit it.

All clubs sell players ? I thought you said you knew your football :D:rolleyes: Your comment here does nothing other than completely prove you have no idea of how poor the club was when they sold local lads like Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley and the impact it had on the subsequent fortunes of the club, due to using the money gained on building a stand and shopping around the 3rd division for replacements. I am pleased you seem to be unaware of this, but I guessed that already. You could also tell us how many locally born England players - or any other player - have wanted to leave the club in recent times for reasons of ambition and the desire to win things ? Do that, and substantiate your point, that the current board doesn't have an altogether more ambitious outlook than the one YOU defend, if you can.

Keep watching the news, but buy a better telescope :):)

Fer Gawd's sake!

Aren't you smart enough to realize you are making a complete fool of youself with all your nonsense?

so desperate you have to use those daft large letters :rolleyes::P:P

Basically laddie, you spouted a load of bollocks, as I have shown.

Ok then California.

Shame, I see you as someone who thinks he knows about the club but basically forgot about it when it was really crap. I bet your interest in the club has been revived by the very board you slate ? :P:D but are too stupid to accept or admit it.

All clubs sell players ? I thought you said you knew your football :D:rolleyes: Your comment here does nothing other than completely prove you have no idea of how poor the club was when they sold local lads like Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley and the impact it had on the subsequent fortunes of the club, due to using the money gained on building a stand and shopping around the 3rd division for replacements. I am pleased you seem to be unaware of this, but I guessed that already. You could also tell us how many locally born England players - or any other player - have wanted to leave the club in recent times for reasons of ambition and the desire to win things ? Do that, and substantiate your point, that the current board doesn't have an altogether more ambitious outlook than the one YOU defend, if you can.

Keep watching the news, but buy a better telescope :):)

Fer Gawd's sake!

so desperate you have to use those daft large letters :rolleyes::P:P

Basically laddie, you spouted a load of bollocks, as I have shown.

You never give up do you son, even when it's you who is spouting a load of rubbish as you have clearly shown in this topic, and others. When you get committed let me know the visiting hours and I'll see if I can get someone, anyone, to come and see you. :)

You never give up do you son, even when it's you who is spouting a load of rubbish as you have clearly shown in this topic, and others. When you get committed let me know the visiting hours and I'll see if I can get someone, anyone, to come and see you. ;)

great thread this. Its always the numpties who live in other countries or don't go to games who have a chip on their shoulders. He's raised some fair points so why not reply

Edited by toondood

You never give up do you son, even when it's you who is spouting a load of rubbish as you have clearly shown in this topic, and others. When you get committed let me know the visiting hours and I'll see if I can get someone, anyone, to come and see you. :rolleyes:

great thread this. Its always the numpties who live in other countries or don't go to games who have a chip on their shoulders. He's raised some fair points so why not reply

;) Couldnt help notice your avatar. Classy stuff.

You never give up do you son, even when it's you who is spouting a load of rubbish as you have clearly shown in this topic, and others. When you get committed let me know the visiting hours and I'll see if I can get someone, anyone, to come and see you. :rolleyes:

Soopafantastic..

You got back home from the game quick tonight... ;)

My views are based on first hand experience of being close to the club and its fortunes over the last few decades etc, unlike yours.

This may be above your head LeazesMag, but I don't need to be on the floor at the Stock-Exchange to know what is going on in the world of business & commerce.

It's even more ironic that you are harping on about everything when you sense you are losing a battle of wits.

In view of the fact I have not made any mention, at any time, in any topic, of any board new or old, just what is your point?

Shame, but I just knew that you would not deny that it is the current board who attracted your interest again, that you now slate.

My interest in Newcastle United has NEVER been generated by any board, current or past, my interest is geared by love and loyalty and it's a shame you say I 'now slate the current board'. I defy you to find any topic wherein I have slated any board.

But all the KK bandwagon jumpers do the same, they must be pretty pissed off that they came back to the club because they thought we would win stuff and are now complaining like big bairns that they now view all their efforts to have been in vain.

Surely you can't be suggesting I belong to these 'bandwagon jumpers', but then you probably are because it suits you to do that. KK wasn't around in the 40's, 50's, 60's, ...........shall I go on?

I also knew you wouldn't answer my question asking you to name recent players who have left the club for reasons of ambition and to win things, like previous players did, because you quite simply can't.

What point are you trying to make here, and why would you be asking me that? Explain please.

Instead of simply insulting someone because you say they are wrong, why not show us your intelligence [that you say you have], like an adult, answer these questions and prove that I am wrong ? You would love to prove me wrong and you know it, but you can't.

Don't recall saying I have intelligence(in another topic I do recall saying I'd had a brain tumour) but I do recall questioning yours. And what exactly am I trying to prove you wrong in, make a list please.

And as for insults, I think you have been trying to insult me but as someone said(and I know who it was) "wise men can insult me, no other can".

Here you go again, what is your problem about 'boards'? I think you've got me mixed up with someone else because I have NEVER made comments about any 'board', at any time.

Glad you find humour in people overseas supporting their team but, read your words again and see the nonsense in it.

Can't quite figure out why you want me to answer that question, and just what do you want me to prove you wrong about? You must have hidden agendas that no-one's clear about. :rolleyes:

am I the only one who thinks it's odd that the two posters who quote their experience more than anyone else, are the two same posters who are acting like schoolkids? Both desperate for the last word...

am I the only one who thinks it's odd that the two posters who quote their experience more than anyone else, are the two same posters who are acting like schoolkids? Both desperate for the last word...

You hypocritical shite... ;)

Yep

(lock it now lock it now lock it now!!!)