18th Birthday parties...

Radgina

what is "de rigeur" at such social events nowadays ?? Do they still play musical chairs and pass the parcel ? Will the Mr Music man play Abba or the Bay City Rollers ??? I am partaking in one this evening and I do not want to look out of place ????

I went to one a few weeks ago.

1. There will be lots of girls there who look like they are playing dressy-up in their mam's clothes, whilst looking about 12.

2. They will play lots of techo-shit music for large parts of the evening interspersed with a bit of Abba and Wham for the old folk

3. The teenage girls will wiggle around a lot on the dancefloor trying to impress the teenage boys who are all stood around in groups trying to look cool but are surreptitiously eyeing up said girls.

4. You will feel VERY old.

1. There will be lots of girls there who look like they are playing dressy-up in their mam's clothes, whilst looking about 12.

2. They will play lots of techo-shit music for large parts of the evening interspersed with a bit of Abba and Wham for the old folk

3. The teenage girls will wiggle around a lot on the dancefloor trying to impress the teenage boys who are all stood around in groups trying to look cool but are surreptitiously eyeing up said girls.

:razz: better hit the Jack from the start then......oh well.

I can still actually remember my 18th...but then again I drank cider and black and Blue Lagoons in those days ;)

:( better hit the Jack from the start then......oh well.

I can still actually remember my 18th...but then again I drank cider and black and Blue Lagoons in those days :razz:

Cider and black, Malibu and coke, Taboo and lemonade. At the Riverside in Washy or down the village. Ahhh, halcyon days.... ;)

:lol: better hit the Jack from the start then......oh well.

I can still actually remember my 18th...but then again I drank cider and black and Blue Lagoons in those days :(

Cider and black, Malibu and coke, Taboo and lemonade. At the Riverside in Washy or down the village. Ahhh, halcyon days.... ;)

:razz: thats the one I was trying to remember ...Malibu and coke ....prefered Mirage to Taboo tho :(

I was at one the other week, the fanny was raging, although not your kind of thing I suspect Radgi ;)

Hmmm...maybe not....I'm sure I can always eye up the young stud muffins tho :razz:

:lol: better hit the Jack from the start then......oh well.

I can still actually remember my 18th...but then again I drank cider and black and Blue Lagoons in those days :(

:razz: thats the one I was trying to remember ...Malibu and coke ....prefered Mirage to Taboo tho :(

I remember one of my mates puking after a night on pernod and black. When it came up it looked and smelled exactly the same as it did when it went down.

:D better hit the Jack from the start then......oh well.

I can still actually remember my 18th...but then again I drank cider and black and Blue Lagoons in those days :lol:

:razz: thats the one I was trying to remember ...Malibu and coke ....prefered Mirage to Taboo tho :lol:

I remember one of my mates puking after a night on pernod and black. When it came up it looked and smelled exactly the same as it did when it went down.

evil stuff Pernod :( mind I do remember my mate going into hysterics after puking up in the toilet one night as she thought she was bleeding internally :(

:D better hit the Jack from the start then......oh well.

I can still actually remember my 18th...but then again I drank cider and black and Blue Lagoons in those days :lol:

:razz: thats the one I was trying to remember ...Malibu and coke ....prefered Mirage to Taboo tho :D

evil stuff Pernod :lol: mind I do remember my mate going into hysterics after puking up in the toilet one night as she thought she was bleeding internally :(

:( Saw that happen with an old ex... he ate.. cranberries IIRC and then was ill- came running into the bedroom screaming he had an upper GI bleed due to these 'clots' he puked up. Made me laugh all the more when he showed me one in the tip of his finger that he'd scooped out of the toilet.

18th birthday parties are terrible in my experience.. in 6th form I remember going to one every Friday night for about 8 consecutive weeks, all at the same venue with the same people there. It was quite a struggle to find different clothes to wear for each party, everyone nearly cried with relief when the last one was fancy dress.

On the subject of birthday parties has anyone seen that "My Super Sweet 16" on MTV? Such a pack of spolit, thick, self-centred bastards I have yet to see.

Satan's Hallowe'en part on South Park is much better.

18th birthday parties are terrible in my experience.. in 6th form I remember going to one every Friday night for about 8 consecutive weeks, all at the same venue with the same people there. It was quite a struggle to find different clothes to wear for each party, everyone nearly cried with relief when the last one was fancy dress.

Aye got proper sick of them like, same is happening now with everyones 21st.

I can't remember much of my 18th, got thrown out of the Cornerhouse in Boro for being too drunk. ;)

well all in all it wasn't a bad night...no techno trance to be heard at all.......Razorlight, Keane, Kooks, Ordinary Boys, etc etc in abundance....oh and a bit of Wham / Madonna and whigfield thrown in for the "oldies" ;) an enjoyable evening was had and not a fight or an argument in the place !!

well all in all it wasn't a bad night...no techno trance to be heard at all.......Razorlight, Keane, Kooks, Ordinary Boys, etc etc in abundance....oh and a bit of Wham / Madonna and whigfield thrown in for the "oldies" ;) an enjoyable evening was had and not a fight or an argument in the place !!

woeful, might as well have had the kaiser chiefs on as well ffs

The last 18th I went to was my best mate's, so we're talking a while ago now. ;) We managed to trick the ropey old "mobile deejay" into playing a Sepultura track, then did shuttle runs to the bar so that my mate's little brother and his friends could get pissed. Groomingtastic tbh.

Christ on a bike! were you on shandy like?

Christ on a bike! were you on shandy like?

Ha ha....no..was on the vodkas. Have never seen such a well behaved bunch of 18 year olds in me life !!! Might have something to do with the 18 year old's dad...built like a brickshit house and bodyguarding for Arabs amongst his qualifications :razz: