As much as today was a good result...

MattM4

... it was only 1 point... and it will have been pretty useless if we don't get at least 4 points from the next couple of league games, as they are both home ones.

Sunday, 26 November 2006, Newcastle v Portsmouth, 13:30

Wednesday, 06 December 2006, Newcastle v Reading, 19:45

We need to start raking in those league points before Christmas. And knowing Newcastle they build our hopes up with today's result... only to bring us even further down afterwards... But I'm keeping the faith (although that's not usually a good sign)

It also doesnt change anything, Roeder is still tactically inept and no good for this club.

We still need a full scale change within the club, no doubt we'll throw it all away next weekend.

Well done to the lads though, a point is a lot more than I expected.

no doubt we'll throw it all away next weekend.

What I'm dreading is also the two UEFA cup games intertwined between those two home league games. If we put in solid performances in Europe and then piss about à la Charlton and Sheff Utd ... I will be extremely annoyed.

It also doesnt change anything, Roeder is still tactically inept and no good for this club.

We still need a full scale change within the club, no doubt we'll throw it all away next weekend.

Well done to the lads though, a point is a lot more than I expected.

Dyer and Martins back reminds me of when Souness got Owen and Dyer back. Gets a few points and a bit more time to mess the club up until they both get injured again. It shouldn`t cover the facts that all teams get key players injured and still play ok without them. We didn`t we couldn`t beat Sheffield without them, thats the difference.

I feel the same as you PP, good result but its only while Dyer and Martins stay fit.

Portsmouth are a good side this year, and watching Reading dismantle Tottenham and Charlton doesn't fill me with confidence either.

You're a Reading fan, man Brock ;)

So you actually believed Charlton could've posed any threat to Reading, when they have all the markings of a mid-table championship side?

I'm merely stating the bloody facts.

Portsmouth are a good side this year, and watching Reading dismantle Tottenham and Charlton doesn't fill me with confidence either.

So you actually believed Charlton could've posed any threat to Reading, when they have all the markings of a mid-table championship side?

You've completely misread my post. I was just stating the fact that you are a Reading fan and it looked as if you were talking about them from an outsiders perspective.

You've completely misread my post. I was just stating the fact that you are a Reading fan and it looked as if you were talking about them from an outsiders perspective.

I'm a NUFC fan primarily.

You're a Reading fan, man Brock :razz:

I'm a fan of myself primarily and i prove this by posting videos of myself on youtube

Never a truer word said tbh ;)

I'm a fan of myself primarily and i prove this by posting videos of myself on youtube

Haven't done one since Halloween actually. :(

Due to budget cuts?

Due to budget cuts?

The format grew tiresome.

We played like a top 4 team today.

If we can play like this every game then were sorted

You're talking shite man. ;) In the other thread you said we matched Arsenal for 90 minutes. They were all over us from what I saw and if it wasn't for Given and the odd shot that just went wide etc we would have got a pummeling. Great result and a gritty battling performance, but we looked fuck all like a top 4 side.

You're talking shite man. :( In the other thread you said we matched Arsenal for 90 minutes. They were all over us from what I saw and if it wasn't for Given and the odd shot that just went wide etc we would have got a pummeling. Great result and a gritty battling performance, but we looked fuck all like a top 4 side.

For fuck's sake, Gemmill, take your brown tinted glasses off *insert Copyright mark* (everything you see is shit :lol: ) and see the truth - we are CL-bound!!!!

:razz::(

I didn't get to see the game (or listen to it) due to a wild date with George Michael ;) . Was it as bad as I have read i.e. backs to the wall for most of the game?

You're talking shite man. :( In the other thread you said we matched Arsenal for 90 minutes. They were all over us from what I saw and if it wasn't for Given and the odd shot that just went wide etc we would have got a pummeling. Great result and a gritty battling performance, but we looked fuck all like a top 4 side.

For fuck's sake, Gemmill, take your brown tinted glasses off *insert Copyright mark* (everything you see is shit :lol: ) and see the truth - we are CL-bound!!!!

:razz::(

I didn't get to see the game (or listen to it) due to a wild date with George Michael ;) . Was it as bad as I have read i.e. backs to the wall for most of the game?

Probable knee jerk tbh

I think its because i saw us play actuall football

like real football,

You're talking shite man. :D In the other thread you said we matched Arsenal for 90 minutes. They were all over us from what I saw and if it wasn't for Given and the odd shot that just went wide etc we would have got a pummeling. Great result and a gritty battling performance, but we looked fuck all like a top 4 side.

For fuck's sake, Gemmill, take your brown tinted glasses off *insert Copyright mark* (everything you see is shit :o ) and see the truth - we are CL-bound!!!!

:D:D

Probable knee jerk tbh

like real football,

:razz::(:(

You must be on drugs!! :lol::lol::D

You're talking shite man. :D In the other thread you said we matched Arsenal for 90 minutes. They were all over us from what I saw and if it wasn't for Given and the odd shot that just went wide etc we would have got a pummeling. Great result and a gritty battling performance, but we looked fuck all like a top 4 side.

For fuck's sake, Gemmill, take your brown tinted glasses off *insert Copyright mark* (everything you see is shit :o ) and see the truth - we are CL-bound!!!!

:D:D

Probable knee jerk tbh

like real football,

:razz::(:(

You must be on drugs!! :lol::lol::D

We put together some good stuff tbh

and Martins skinning people was nice,

but what really impressed me is we didnt just sit and take it,

A point at emirates is a good point for us....