ashes fever

Dr Gloom

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're fucked tbh

why do you say that?

the ozzies are an aging and unbalanced outfit - take warne out of the equation and they're perfectly beatable. a lot will depend on whether a 36 year old mcgrath has the stamina.

all our batsmen are in good knick and we've finally got a spinner than can turn the ball.

i fancy our chances.

We will be fine without Warney, Stewie will still be around for a couple of more years after Warne retires and from there we will have a few of the younger lads coming through again. Aaron Heal from the Warriors has already taken 15 wickets this season at the WACA ground out of all grounds! Culls is on the fringe there aswell so we shall be fine.

If McGrath had have been fully fit for the whole series, England wouldn't have an Ashes to defend tbh

...don't forget he's a year older now too and he's hardly played any cricket in a year.

is his aging body up to a 5 test series?

take mcgrath and warne out of their side and they're ordinary. if mcgrath isn't on song or misses a couple of tests through injury, they're beatable.

McGrath is easily fit for the 5 test series, there is no doubts. So there is no need to worry about him in that department.

Take both Warne and McGrath out and yes we will be starved of two very good bowlers however we have the cover coming through to take their positions albeit it not as economical as them nor as consistant but we will still take the wickets we need and score the runs we need.

England are struggling with injuries, Aussies 4-0

you really think it will be that easy?

lords aside, we outplayed you in every test of the last series and were unlucky not to win by more than 2-1. we should have beaten you at old trafford and probably would have won at the oval if a day wasn't lost to rain.

now that watson is injured i think you'll miss a trick if you go with a shorter tail but sacrifice a bowler. you struggled to bowl us out last time with just the three seamers. warne is a genius but he can't do it all on his own

we're going to miss simon jones and vaughn. a mentally fit trescothick would have helped the top order but it's better that he's gone because his forms been shite since the ashes.

our number six could win us the series. michael clarke and shane watson aren't in the same league as super fred tbh.

i'd still say your slight favourites to win but i can't see it being a whitewash. i'll say 2-1 to the convicts, but i expect us to reclaim the ashes next time we play in england if warne and mcgrath aren't around.

Neil Harvey (in the ST) reckons it's going to be 5-0. I fancy 3-1/4-1 to them tbh.

we're better than that man.

hayden, gilchrist and martyn are shitting themselves at the prospect of facing super fred coming around the wicket.

Neil Harvey (in the ST) reckons it's going to be 5-0. I fancy 3-1/4-1 to them tbh.

hayden, gilchrist and martyn are shitting themselves at the prospect of facing super fred coming around the wicket.

Hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Hope you're right and I'm wrong.

me too.

i'm sure our ozzie friends will bump this thread up for me if i've got it all wrong.

i just can't help but think we might have the psychological edge over them.

i can't remember ever seeing world class destructive batsmen like gilchrist and harden ever looking so ordinary. what was gilchrist's average for the last series - was it even over 25?

i can't remember him making one score the entire series, crazy for a man who averages in the high 50s.

hayden would have averaged 20 odd too if it wasn't for his century in the final test.

McGrath is easily fit for the 5 test series, there is no doubts. So there is no need to worry about him in that department.

Take both Warne and McGrath out and yes we will be starved of two very good bowlers however we have the cover coming through to take their positions albeit it not as economical as them nor as consistant but we will still take the wickets we need and score the runs we need.

Uber understatement of the decade!!!!!! THE best spinner of all time and one of the best pace bowlers of all time!!!!

No matter what Australia have coming through the ranks, they will be extremely lucky to have someone come close to McGrath and it will be something spectacularly lucky to have another Warne play for you.

With those two players in your side I can't see England retaining the ashes, but (apart from the last test against Pakistan) I always think that whoever plays cricket and wins a game that the game itself is the winner every time. Cricket - the greatest game ever invented imo.

Edited by snakehips

You'll be able to know how well the series is going by how much Wellsy is posting. Went AWOL last time for a while iirc ;)

Haha, easy tiger. I had an unexpected internet malfunction if i remember correctly :lol:

Uber understatement of the decade!!!!!! THE best spinner of all time and one of the best pace bowlers of all time!!!!

I was just reiterating what had already been said and of course i know that is a complete understandment i mean if no one did then i dont think they know cricket.

Shiiiiiiiiine Watson misses the first test. Bell doubtful with heavy bruising to his limp wrist.

Watson... what a loss ;)

Bell, too much wanking?

his replacment isn't much better tbh. michael clarke is piss poor.

your number six is your weak link, just as wicket keeper is ours.

i think you need a decent allrounder just as much as we need a wicket keeper that can bat and hold catches.

Shiiiiiiiiine Watson misses the first test. Bell doubtful with heavy bruising to his limp wrist.

Watson... what a loss ;)

Bell, too much wanking?

i think you need a decent allrounder just as much as we need a wicket keeper that can bat and hold catches.

Michael Clarke the weak link? He averaged just under 40 against England last Ashes series, which was terrible for us. I dont see how he is a weak link when he is more then handy with the bat and his fielding is superb. Can be handy with the ball (has an average of under 10 with the ball), so i dont know how he is a weak link...

Besides that Hussey can bowl, he can do everything else. The bloke is a legend :lol:

Watson... what a loss ;)

Bell, too much wanking?

Michael Clarke the weak link? He averaged just under 40 against England last Ashes series, which was terrible for us. I dont see how he is a weak link when he is more then handy with the bat and his fielding is superb. Can be handy with the ball (has an average of under 10 with the ball), so i dont know how he is a weak link...

Besides that Hussey can bowl, he can do everything else. The bloke is a legend :lol:

Considering the only Aussie batsman to average over 40 was Langer I think he did pretty well!

Watson... what a loss ;)

Bell, too much wanking?

Considering the only Aussie batsman to average over 40 was Langer I think he did pretty well!

By that i mean that Australia had the terrible series. So for him to averaged just under 40 was good, hence my point that i dont see how he could be the weak link.

How funny is the Sky coverage this week on SSN? England blatantly going to struggle but in the interests of selling subscriptions to the ignorant they're bigging up England's chances. Head in the sand stuff.

I hate that about Sky. They do the same with the football as well - every game is AMAZING and the Premiership is just the best thing EVER!1211. At least with the BBC they'll have a laugh about how shit a game is at half time and that.