Old Trafford flop set for £10million Newcastle move?

Craig

Newcastle United Football Club are reportedly prepared to pay £10million for Diego Forlan.

Although the Uruguayan international was a flop following his £7million move to Manchester United, before he was offloaded to Spanish club Villarreal in 2004 for a fraction of the price.

He has reinvented himself in La Liga and is one of the most feared strikers in the Spanish league, yet he admits he still has a score to settle in England and would love a return to The Premiership.

"One day I could come back to England, as I keep a fantastic souvenir of my experience," Forlan told Sky Sports. "I have only positive things to say about my Manchester United period.

"I have won the Premiership title with a top club, played with great team-mates. I felt very good there, even if I haven't played enough. The language barrier wasn't a problem."

Magpies boss Glenn Roeder is in the market for a new striker, and it is believed he is willing to pay £10million to take Forlan, 27, to St James Park in January.

Source: http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagen...p?newsid=159759

FansFC. Have a word with yourself, Hayton!

I know it's bullshit, but seeing as it's a bit slow on here today I thought I'd pad things out a tad! :D

Newcastle United Football Club are reportedly prepared to pay £10million for Diego Forlan.

Although the Uruguayan international was a flop following his £7million move to Manchester United, before he was offloaded to Spanish club Villarreal in 2004 for a fraction of the price.

He has reinvented himself in La Liga and is one of the most feared strikers in the Spanish league, yet he admits he still has a score to settle in England and would love a return to The Premiership.

"One day I could come back to England, as I keep a fantastic souvenir of my experience," Forlan told Sky Sports. "I have only positive things to say about my Manchester United period.

"I have won the Premiership title with a top club, played with great team-mates. I felt very good there, even if I haven't played enough. The language barrier wasn't a problem."

Magpies boss Glenn Roeder is in the market for a new striker, and it is believed he is willing to pay £10million to take Forlan, 27, to St James Park in January.

Source: http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagen...p?newsid=159759

Give your head a wobble mate