Birthday Boy David Kelly

East Stander

Still think that is the biggest collective adrenalin rush I have ever seen at a football match when he scored that goal. I was near the scoreboard and ended up at the front about 15 yeards to the left. No idea how I got there or how quickly but it was the most important goal I have seen scored at SJP.

Not long after Ned was rushed out of Newcastle,I was at a conference at an exclusive midlands hotel (I worked in the music industry at the time) .One of the local guys told us that football clubs in the area used the hotel before games.

Sure enough about 5 minutes later Wolves marched in.

I made a starstruck bee-line for David Kelly,shuck his hand,thanked him for THAT goal,and the rest.What a nice bloke ,we had a bit of a chat and before I left him in peace I told him how sorry I was to see him go and he said ,

'you're sorry ,how do you think I feel'

Up to that point Keegan had walked on water ,as far as I was concerned .But I could not help thinking that he had sh*t on the bloke who had scored THAT goal and done so much more for us without all the hero worship that others got.

Keegan was never the same in my eyes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID AND THANK YOU

Edited by Dogmatix

Not long after Ned was rushed out of Newcastle,I was at a conference at an exclusive midlands hotel (I worked in the music industry at the time) .One of the local guys told us that football clubs in the area used the hotel before games.

Sure enough about 5 minutes later Wolves marched in.

I made a starstruck bee-line for David Kelly,shuck his hand,thanked him for THAT goal,and the rest.What a nice bloke ,we had a bit of a chat and before I left him in peace I told him how sorry I was to see him go and he said ,

'you're sorry ,how do you think I feel'

Up to that point Keegan had walked on water ,as far as I was concerned .But I could not help thinking that he had sh*t on the bloke who had scored THAT goal and done so much more for us without all the hero worship that other got.

Keegan was never the same in my eyes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID AND THANK YOU

That goal ;):icon_lol:

Regarding KK getting rid of Ned, I think most fans were sad that he was being sold. However, after thinking about it, I thought it showed Keegan had a bit of steel about him and was not going to let sentiment get in the way of his plans for NUFC. Sad, but a necessary evil as Kelly was not the future for us.

Edited by snakehips

_1131426_kelly.jpg

true ledge, on full time after THAT goal i ran on the pitch from the benches to be faced by the biggest muthafucking dog and copper i have ever seen, who cares whgat a goal

Aye. A very important player at a very important time in the club's history. I remember that goal against Portsmouth, and the ground just errupted. That goal quite possibly saved NUFC full stop.

I remember the Leicester away the week after, when the Leicester fans invaded the pitch when we went 2-1 up right at the end. The ref took the players off, but Kelly was caught on the opposite side, with hoardes of Leicester fans racing towards him.

Luckily, our section was on that side, and he ran over and our fans at the front pulled him in.

He played against us in 1997 during his brief spell at Sunderland, and the fact that he got a round of applause despite playing for them lot speaks volumes.