Sibberdinho

MattM4

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Aye he's scored a few goals like, but the bloke isn't very good, and he shouldn't be getting kept on imo. As a stop-gap he's worked out really well, but making him a permanent member of the squad is something else entirely.

Funny to hear the commentator say that Roeder felt that Sibierski and Sol Campbell had been the best two free signings of the summer window in the Prem. Aye, Sol Campbell, Glenn..... ;)

Aye he's scored a few goals like, but the bloke isn't very good, and he shouldn't be getting kept on imo. As a stop-gap he's worked out really well, but making him a permanent member of the squad is something else entirely.

Funny to hear the commentator say that Roeder felt that Sibierski and Sol Campbell had been the best two free signings of the summer window in the Prem. Aye, Sol Campbell, Glenn..... ;)

I think he's been brilliant to be honest. Never had a really poor game. Works hard, has a excellent attitude, and the bastard could (and probably will) score into double figures for the toon. Something, even some of our most talented former players very rarely could do, Bellamy for example.

He's done well like, especially in Europe. I like him, mainly for his attitude. Brilliant though? Our standards really must have dropped.

Among the scarves probably they also handed out some ;) tbh. The bit about Bellamy only proves that statistics prove nothing...

There's big gap between 'brilliant' and that. He is a very decent player. Him and Martins link up well, and he more than deseved an extension (maybe not 2 years though). And is the kind of player you want as part of a squad.

Funny to hear the commentator say that Roeder felt that Sibierski and Sol Campbell had been the best two free signings of the summer window in the Prem. Aye, Sol Campbell, Glenn..... :rolleyes:

well by that logic then you either rate Sib or think Sol is shit ;)

Funny to hear the commentator say that Roeder felt that Sibierski and Sol Campbell had been the best two free signings of the summer window in the Prem. Aye, Sol Campbell, Glenn..... :)

You'll have to give me your definition of logic, because I don't see any in that conclusion. :rolleyes:

There's big gap between 'brilliant' and that. He is a very decent player. Him and Martins link up well, and he more than deseved an extension (maybe not 2 years though). And is the kind of player you want as part of a squad.

His goal ratio isn't as good as Shola's this season btw ;)

"Very decent". :) Couldn't quite bring yourself to say good. ;)

He's decent. I'll give you that. Where do you see him in terms of the squad then? Cos I see him coming down the pecking order to Shola, and I think Shola should only probably be a 4th choice striker. I realise that you'll obviously think Sibierski is 10 times the player Shola is (he isn't, btw :rolleyes: ), but I don't really want Sibierski anywhere near the first team on a regular basis next season.

I think you might have taken what I said the wrong way, or maybe I've phrased it wrong.

In my opinion, he's been brilliant for us, compared to what we were all expecting. He's not just a big lump who knocks in a few headers, he links up play really well, he chases every ball and he has scored some really well-worked goals.

Obviously, he would of not been my ideal striker target. But if all our free signings from now on, are as good, or very close to Sibbers, I'll be a very happy man. Would of loved him here, when he was mid-twenties.

Funny to hear the commentator say that Roeder felt that Sibierski and Sol Campbell had been the best two free signings of the summer window in the Prem. Aye, Sol Campbell, Glenn..... :P

well by that logic then you either rate Sib or think Sol is shit :rolleyes:

You'll have to give me your definition of logic, because I don't see any in that conclusion. :)

1. Commentator: Sib = Sol = Good

2. Gemmil: Sib = Crap

3. Gemmil agress with commentator

1+2<>3 :rolleyes:

Yeah, I didn't think you were making any sense. Cheers for confirming that. ;)

"Very decent". :) Couldn't quite bring yourself to say good. ;)

He's decent. I'll give you that. Where do you see him in terms of the squad then? Cos I see him coming down the pecking order to Shola, and I think Shola should only probably be a 4th choice striker. I realise that you'll obviously think Sibierski is 10 times the player Shola is (he isn't, btw :rolleyes: ), but I don't really want Sibierski anywhere near the first team on a regular basis next season.

I was about to mention the pecking order actually. Ideally for me next season it would be: Martins - Owen - New Guy - Sib - Shola.

And it is still pretty obvious to me Sib is a better all round player than Shola will probably ever be.

Funny to hear the commentator say that Roeder felt that Sibierski and Sol Campbell had been the best two free signings of the summer window in the Prem. Aye, Sol Campbell, Glenn..... :rolleyes:

All that means is Roeder thinks they were both good signings.

Seriously Matt, you want to have a word with yourself about this Shola hatred thing. When Shola was doing similar stuff to Sibierski - scoring but not looking like a world-beater, you had nowt but abuse for Shola. Even when he scored you'd still slag him off.

Shola is plainly the better player of the two even when carrying a long-term injury.

well by that logic then you either rate Sib or think Sol is shit :)

All that means is Roeder thinks they were both good signings.

ahhh. didn't see that it was the commentator attributing the comments to Roeder. That would explain Gemmil's confusion ;)

I must reed posts better

I must reed posts better

I must reed posts better

:rolleyes: