Sibberdinho

MattM4

In other words, we haven't been particularly poor scoring goals, quite the opposite weve had people chipping in from all over the place, and unless this would have finally been the year he was going to get those 20 goals, then we haven't really missed him.

We've spread the goals out but we haven't scored many. 'Quite the opposite' to being 'particularly poor' would suggest we've scored a lot of goals. We haven't - you're making stuff up again. Shola's still the 3rd highest goal scorer with Dyer btw.

;) I know all that. And even if I am making stuff up, it isn't again. I know we're not banging them in like ManU for heaven's sake we're sitting midtable. The argument was about whether we've particularly missed Shola as part of the team or not.

So, ok sorry, you tell me how many we would have today as opposed to 34.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, we haven't been particularly poor scoring goals, quite the opposite weve had people chipping in from all over the place, and unless this would have finally been the year he was going to get those 20 goals, then we haven't really missed him.

We've spread the goals out but we haven't scored many. 'Quite the opposite' to being 'particularly poor' would suggest we've scored a lot of goals. We haven't - you're making stuff up again. Shola's still the 3rd highest goal scorer with Dyer btw.

;) I know all that. And even if I am making stuff up, it isn't again. I know we're not banging them like ManU for heaven's sake we're sitting midtable. The argument was about whether we've particularly missed Shola as part of the team or not.

So, ok sorry, you tell me how many we would have today as opposed to 34.

OK, we'll disagree. I still think you're a wanker for being pleased he's injured though.

I love how people hate Shola because he was crap a few years ago. I don't rate him that highly, but anyone whose opinion isn't blinded by ridiculous hatred can say that Shola has had a great scoring record in the last year or so. It's an inescapable fact. I'm pleased with Sibberdinho's progress, but he has scored 8 goals in about 30 games which isn't much to rave about. Shola has been muich better than that recently, and with a hip injury - maybe he has improved? Just a thought...

I love how people hate Shola because he was crap a few years ago. I don't rate him that highly, but anyone whose opinion isn't blinded by ridiculous hatred can say that Shola has had a great scoring record in the last year or so. It's an inescapable fact. I'm pleased with Sibberdinho's progress, but he has scored 8 goals in about 30 games which isn't much to rave about. Shola has been muich better than that recently, and with a hip injury - maybe he has improved? Just a thought...

You mean like Shola's 8 goals in 28 appearances last season?

Edited by ewerk

he's been great considering what we were expecting when we signed him on transfer window deadline day.

i stil reckon he'll do well to earn a new contract. he's probably done enough to deserve a contract extension but i'd be disappointed if he was anything more than a squad player. he should be 5th choice at best really.

he's been great considering what we were expecting when we signed him on transfer window deadline day.

i stil reckon he'll do well to earn a new contract. he's probably done enough to deserve a contract extension but i'd be disappointed if he was anything more than a squad player. he should be 5th choice at best really.

Spot on assesment for my money.

And I'll add that while I'm certainly not Shola's biggest fan, I would much rather see him in the starting line up than Le Sib and I'm sure he could form a half decent partnership with either Martins or Owen. When looking at his record you have to remember he played far too many games with Shearer which was the most ilconceived partnership since Ben Affleck and Jenifer Lopez!

You mean like Shola's 8 goals in 28 appearances last season?

Well 9 actually, and most of them were in the last third or so of the season. Under Souness he was awful, but after Roeder took over he seemed to imrpove a lot, and carried on that form into the start of this season. That I believe is what is called an impovement.

Brilliant?? :D

Like I say, as a stop-gap, he's worked out fantastic. But that's all. He's far from brilliant.

agreed - been great value for us and kept us alive in some pretty dark days

I'd keep him as a squad player

not a bad player and a good stopgap. useful squad player next season when we replace luque with a target man(hopefully).

not as good a footballer as shola but much harder working and does more for the team tbh (as someone stated earlier better at defending set plays etc)...

I think the Sib has done a great job (not sayign he's a great player!) and would deserve a 1 year extension to fill in as a squad player then leave after that with thanks.

His goal scoring has been impressive, often crucial goals and goals not just scored at the end of a comfortable win. He's worked hard and tried to lead the line and has a few assists as well with flick ons and well weighted passes.

I like the bloke and would be happy to see him stay a year because we will get injuries, but he should only be a squad player.

Shola also deserves some praise under Roeder as he has been scoring at about 1 in 2 which is impressive, and he was moslty crocked with the hip injury through alot of that.

Since we need to spend money on some fullbacks and other positions if we have a fit Owen and Martins, then you can get by with Dyer/Shola and Sib as cover and spend the money elsewhere.

:D from 17 full starts, 12 as sub (highest used sub this season)

I quite like Sibierski, he isn't great but he's someone who is happy to sit on the bench and do a job when called upon, if we give him a one year deal I think we can get away without having to get a new striker in a spend any transfer money on the defence.

Antoine Sibierski could be on his way out of Newcastle after a row over a new contract. The Frenchman is demanding a two-year deal, but chairman Freddy Shepherd is intent on offering just one year. (The People)

link

at his age, he should really be happy to take whatever he's offered. we saved him from man city reserves or dropping down a division tbh

Shepherd is spot on btw. See where Sibierski ends up if he doesn't get two years here. If he has a good season next season he could get another year anyway.

Shepherd is spot on btw. See where Sibierski ends up if he doesn't get two years here. If he has a good season next season he could get another year anyway.

Agree completely, looks like Shepherd has got it right for once.

Re: Shola. He was shit alongside Shearer, and I think a lot of people let those performances a few years ago when he was really poor, blind their judgement today. He's a decent player now, not first choice but a good player to have about. He's improved ten-fold over the last year, and that was with an injury. Looking forward to having him back in the squad tbh.

Re: Shola. He was shit alongside Shearer, and I think a lot of people let those performances a few years ago when he was really poor, blind their judgement today. He's a decent player now, not first choice but a good player to have about. He's improved ten-fold over the last year, and that was with an injury. Looking forward to having him back in the squad tbh.

i agree. i think we'll be pretty well stocked for strikers next year if we buy one more to add to shola, owen, martins, dyer and sib as a backup. i think we should gamble on a lower league player like eastwood or nugent...or try for ashton if west ham go down.

hopefully gooch will impress and sign a permanent deal then the main problem positions are really just full back although another central defender wouldn't hurt. we're pretty well covered in midfield assuming emre doesn't walk.

Agree, though as usual i'll be ignoring the story as the papers write any old shit and wait and see if SIb has indeed asked for any particular number of years and if the club have 0offered anything yet.

Basically i'm happy for him to get 1 year and if he wants 2 years then he can try elsewhere and see if he can find a better deal. And as you say if he had another good year he may even sneak a final year here after that.