Sibberdinho

MattM4

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sib has surpassed all expectations but i'd agree that shola is by far the better player.

i'd say the current order of merit for strikers is:

owen>martins>dyer>shola>le sib

hopefully we can sign a properr target man to replace le sib in the summer. otherwise i think we're fairly well-stocked for forwards - it's the defence that needs sorting.

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

Seriously Matt, you want to have a word with yourself about this Shola hatred thing. When Shola was doing similar stuff to Sibierski - scoring but not looking like a world-beater, you had nowt but abuse for Shola. Even when he scored you'd still slag him off.

Shola is plainly the better player of the two even when carrying a long-term injury.

Simply because Sib and has half a brain to understand the game and doesnt fuck up most of our attacking play with always new and improved ways of doing so. It is a hatred based on facts. God knows I've observed enough of onfield action to base my judgement. Shola was in his "best ever form" whilst carrying that injury. I doubt we'll be seeing a version of him that is so much more mobile.

On a tangent, seeing Chopra banging them in is annoying, he certainly wouldnt have made as our next local number 9, but he was never given as much of a chance as Shola. I wish our number 23 would "find his level" asap.

Anyway this has been an enjoyable enough season without him, I'll certainly enjoy what is left.

no matter how you rate them individually, Shola is nowhere near as usefull to have as a squad backup as Sib, from a utility/defence/set-piece/break aspect. In my opinion, anyone preferring Shola over Sib must think Shola is good enough for a starting place, which is just plain daft

Well, if Shola was fit now, I'd start him ahead of Sibierski. So would Roeder.

Seriously Matt, you want to have a word with yourself about this Shola hatred thing. When Shola was doing similar stuff to Sibierski - scoring but not looking like a world-beater, you had nowt but abuse for Shola. Even when he scored you'd still slag him off.

Shola is plainly the better player of the two even when carrying a long-term injury.

Simply because Sib and has half a brain to understand the game and doesnt fuck up most of our attacking play with always new and improved ways of doing so. It is a hatred based on facts. God knows I've observed enough of onfield action to base my judgement. Shola was in his "best ever form" whilst carrying that injury. I doubt we'll be seeing a version of him that is so much more mobile.

On a tangent, seeing Chopra banging them in is annoying, he certainly wouldnt have made as our next local number 9, but he was never given as much of a chance as Shola. I wish our number 23 would "find his level" asap.

Anyway this has been an enjoyable enough season without him, I'll certainly enjoy what is left.

What a sad wanker you really are Matt ;)

We've missed Shola a lot this season imo. That you can't see that is because you're blinded by your dislike of the lad.

We've missed Shola a lot this season imo. That you can't see that is because you're blinded by your dislike of the lad.

Tbf to Shola I like must people don't really rate the lad but you can't knock his goalscoring record under Glenneth.

How's Sibierski a utility player btw? Because he was a shite attacking midfielder at Man City? I can't see Roeder ever playing him anywhere except upfront in his time here. He hasn't got the pace or the ability to play 'in the hole' or in a more conventional wide or central midfield role.

some guy in the pub last neet said he was a crap signing,

I just laughed at him,hes pulled us out of the shite many a time this season, especially the portsmouth game, and when I made this point to the bloke, he just smiled and nodded,

fucking muppet

In my opinion, anyone preferring Shola over Sib must think Shola is good enough for a starting place, which is just plain daft

Are you having logic issues again? ;)

In my opinion, i.e. no-one could prefer Shola over Sib if they believe they are at best both backup players, therefore thay must believe he is worth a starting place.

I have no confidence in Shola being able to come on from the bench and defend/break/attack set pieces as required as well as Sib.

no-one could prefer Shola over Sib if they believe they are at best both backup players, therefore thay must believe he is worth a starting place.

But that's total cobblers though. ;) It makes absolutely no sense.

In my opinion, anyone preferring Shola over Sib must think Shola is good enough for a starting place, which is just plain daft

In my opinion, i.e. no-one could prefer Shola over Sib if they believe they are at best both backup players, therefore thay must believe he is worth a starting place.

I have no confidence in Shola being able to come on from the bench and defend/break/attack set pieces as required as well as Sib.

But you see, I'm not a big Shola fan, but he has some tricks so he can come off the bench and do something, potentially? I agree Le Sib is better in the air. Not sure what you mean re: 'break set-pieces' though.

I usually try to stay as objective as possible on football issues... although on this one it is very hard. Even by raking my brain I can't see it. Whichever goals he would have scored have probably been compensated, and we're starting to have a good overall team chemistry. We've lacked creativity at times, but that's not really where he would have stepped in. We haven't deliberately given away a penalty though this season ;)

Anyway enough about that. It's only going around in circles as always.

But you see, I'm not a big Shola fan, but he has some tricks so he can come off the bench and do something, potentially? I agree Le Sib is better in the air. Not sure what you mean re: 'break set-pieces' though.

I think he means on the break. Something which Sibierski is shocking at because of his pace imo.

I usually try to stay as objective as possible on football issues... although on this one it is very hard. Even by raking my brain I can't see it. Whichever goals he would have scored have probably been compensated, and we're starting to have a good overall team chemistry. We've lacked creativity at times, but that's not really where he would have stepped in. We haven't deliberately given away a penalty though this season ;)

If you want to stay objective you might try not making things up and making ridiculous statements like the one in bold which have no basis whatsoever.

I'd rather have Sib than Shola but that's probably only because I have a Scott Parker level of hatred for Ameobi after watching him look like Bambi on ice for a good few years.

Aye, your hatred of Parker is just is reasonable ;)

If you want to stay objective you might try not making things up and making ridiculous statements like the one in bold which have no basis whatsoever.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? of course it has no certain quantifiable basis. It's all guesswork and personal opinion... which is exactly why this debate is taking place.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? of course it has no certain quantifiable basis. It's all guesswork and personal opinion... which is exactly why this debate is taking place.

Well, you made the bit up about him giving away a penalty and I think you're assumption about the goals being compensated elsewhere doesn't tie in with Shola's recent goal scoring record. Hope you understood that :rolleyes:

In other words, we haven't been particularly poor scoring goals, quite the opposite weve had people chipping in from all over the place, and unless this would have finally been the year he was going to get those 20 goals, then we haven't really missed him at all. And I certainly didnt make up his handball at WHam last season, as deliberate as you'll ever see tbh.

In other words, we haven't been particularly poor scoring goals, quite the opposite weve had people chipping in from all over the place, and unless this would have finally been the year he was going to get those 20 goals, then we haven't really missed him.

We've spread the goals out but we haven't scored many. 'Quite the opposite' to being 'particularly poor' would suggest we've scored a lot of goals. We haven't - you're making stuff up again. Shola's still the 3rd highest goal scorer with Dyer btw.

Edited by alex

I think theres a place for both Sib and Shola next season, even if it is for just the one season. Who is to say that we wont suffer the same fate of injuries next season just like we have done seasons prior to this one?

He is a hard worker, is a team player and gets goals which is what you want from a forward. Ok he's not the best but neither is Newcastle United anymore.