A night on the town for £12.16

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I can go out to the pub, a few bars and then a club for under £30 in Leeds, but that's sharing a taxi between 3-4 people.

helps if you know the guys on the door and the people behind the bar as well.

It's entirely possible to have a night out, get free entry into clubs and doubles for the price of singles for the entire night.

Only if offering special favours to the bouncers eh fish :)

I was under the impression that the majority of bouncers in leeds hate students with a passion and wouldnt tend to go out of their way to let them in for nowt?

Bouncers have to obey the boys and girls with "The List"

and my name is on the list, so irrespective of the ogrish ghouls they have patrolling the doorway, I'm getting in for nowt. :o

Guest Patrokles

Bristol is a good night out.

Its getting expensive down here, we don't have a "cheap" pub anymore so you are looking at around £2.50 for a decent pint anywhere you go :(

Lots of pretty girls in bristol. it's a nice town. The two go hand-in-hand, really.

Its getting expensive down here, we don't have a "cheap" pub anymore so you are looking at around £2.50 for a decent pint anywhere you go :(

Lots of pretty girls in bristol. it's a nice town. The two go hand-in-hand, really.

Lesbians? :(

:D

No I agree, wouldn't hesitate about going there again.

Guest Patrokles

:D

Give me a shout if you do. I'm relatively local. You're buying drinks.

Its getting expensive down here, we don't have a "cheap" pub anymore so you are looking at around £2.50 for a decent pint anywhere you go :lol:

:(

Yeah, mine :D

Guest Patrokles

Its getting expensive down here, we don't have a "cheap" pub anymore so you are looking at around £2.50 for a decent pint anywhere you go :lol:

:(

I wouldn't run the risk of rufies anyway!

Its getting expensive down here, we don't have a "cheap" pub anymore so you are looking at around £2.50 for a decent pint anywhere you go :blink:

:lol:

I wouldn't run the risk of rufies anyway!

Probably wise :(

Edited by Gejon

A night out, ie til 2am in Sheffield will cost about £30. I usually take that, and it covers taxis, scran etc.

£30? What time do you go out at? I can't remember ever having a proper night out that cheap.

A night out, ie til 2am in Sheffield will cost about £30. I usually take that, and it covers taxis, scran etc.

£30? What time do you go out at? I can't remember ever having a proper night out that cheap.

These days we tend to go to the shop, get a load of drink in, and then head straight to the club about 11-12ish. Much cheaper than going to the bars. Mind you, even if we did the bars we know which ones are cheaper anyway. If you went to the trendy bars you'd end up paying £3 a pint, quite happy with £1 a pint at Varsity myself!

An average night for me (for example mondays) is a 4 pint pitcher at the pub for 5.95.. Get the bus to town for 1.50.. Free entrance before 11, 1.50 stellas.. So if you have bout 4 then it's 6 quid.. Cheesy chips is 2 quid.. So an average night out for me in Bristol is £15.45.. Not bad at all! The joy of being a student

Whereas back home near London it's 2 quid for the train, 2 quid a pint (say I have 4) then £4 entrance to the club.. bout 2.60 a pint inside the club.. With a taxi being about a fiver back home I can't have more than 2 pints in the club to avoid spending over 30 quid!

The whole point of this is clear. Newcastle (for what it is) is extortionately priced.

It's living off the reputation it's built up as being a "party city". It's shocking when it comes to clubs, but the bars in Newcastle are top of the range. If you were to apply that price scale to that kind of night in Newcastle I'd be looking to spend...

2x £5 drinks, 3x£4 drinks. £25 taxi fare.

£47 for the night, but the majority of that is just getting home.

If I lived close enough to walk home the whole night would only cost me £24. I don't buy take aways, I wouldn't need a tin of beans of a loaf of bread...

the whoole london taxi fare is bollocks as well... that's a taxi fare from the train station... so you should add another wedge of cash on top for train fare from whichever suburb you've travelled from...

The whole point of this is clear. Newcastle (for what it is) is extortionately priced.

It's living off the reputation it's built up as being a "party city". It's shocking when it comes to clubs, but the bars in Newcastle are top of the range. If you were to apply that price scale to that kind of night in Newcastle I'd be looking to spend...

If I lived close enough to walk home the whole night would only cost me £24. I don't buy take aways, I wouldn't need a tin of beans of a loaf of bread...

the whoole london taxi fare is bollocks as well... that's a taxi fare from the train station... so you should add another wedge of cash on top for train fare from whichever suburb you've travelled from...

your not wrang there like...went to party in the Park a few years back and some dodgy paki geezer wiht no licence tried to " do us a deal" :(

your not wrang there like...went to party in the Park a few years back and some dodgy paki geezer wiht no licence tried to " do us a deal" :(

what? Ten miles and a you get a free eighth? :D

how was your night Radgelicious?

what? Ten miles and a you get a free eighth? :D

how was your night Radgelicious?

:( cracking night thanks very much

Oh dear, couple of drinks and she's in the NF! :D