BMW 4x4 = £ 500 a weeek depreciation

Rob W

According to the Times the other day a BMW 4x4 currently depreciates by £ 25,000 a year

"Glass’s Guide, the leading guide to second-hand car prices, said that 4x4s were depreciating much faster this year than in previous years. A one-year-old BMW X5 is now worth only £38,800, compared with a purchase price of £63,397. A year ago a one-year-old X5, which cost £62,542 new, was worth £40,450."

Doesnt do that per year though, just the first years depreciation is always the worst.

£ 25 grand loss of value is awful - yes it does flatten out but that is money you just will never see again

Very true. Ive made that mistake once myself and never again :D Though I think mine was something like £12k in the first year. Went for Lease hire this time though. I actually got a 4x4 cos it was practical :D If you'd have seen me trying to get off my icy drive onto the icy hill of a street last winter in my rear wheel drive to go to the match you'd see why :)

I find salt works well....................

It was the game was called off last Christmas, few inches of snow with ice under etc. With my street, would take a few more than just a few dashes of salt to get rid. Not to mention then dodging the cars that were sliding all over lobley hill :)

SOREEE!!!

I'm a traditionalist - none of this Tyneside County rubbish

Northumberland and Durham were good enough for me mam and many generations of W 's before

SOREEE!!!

I'm a traditionalist - none of this Tyneside County rubbish

Northumberland and Durham were good enough for me mam and many generations of W 's before

It took wor lass ALOT of cagoling (or however the hell its spelt) to get me to move south of the river to start with. That said, Ive got my eye on getting even further out into the sticks in years to come.

this works

get a squirty bottle and fill it with brake fluid. squirt brake fluid over said car.... that really hurts them as it corrodes everything...

oh and x-5's are morons tools.

why? <_<

this works

get a squirty bottle and fill it with brake fluid. squirt brake fluid over said car.... that really hurts them as it corrodes everything...

oh and x-5's are morons tools.

why? <_<

Well whos he talking to and whats he talking about? Simple really.