Carling C2

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

New lager from Carling, it's only 2%. They are branding it as a "mid-strength beer".

Had a two or three cans last night, it's alright for supping (no worse than the usual fosters/carling/calsberg out-of-a-tin stuff). Quite a good idea for drinking on a work night I reckon. I used to like it when lagers were only about 3% and you could drink them all night and not get wrecked or have a hangover. Got to take it a bit steadier with the 4-5% stuff midweek.

Depends how much it costs I suppose. If it's the same as a regular pint, is your manliness really that important that you can't sip on a J20 all night instead?

(On second thoughts, that's our Steve's tipple of choice, so...)

tried it and really didn't like it. But to be fair I'm falling out of love with lager more and more...

ANyway, it's for gays <_<

Edited by The Fish

Depends how much it costs I suppose. If it's the same as a regular pint, is your manliness really that important that you can't sip on a J20 all night instead?

(On second thoughts, that's our Steve's tipple of choice, so...)

It's cheaper. I think the point of it is if you fancy a beer but don't fancy getting mortalled.

If I'm driving I don't drink, if I'm trying to cut down then I'll just get a Lime and Lemonade.

can't really see a time when I'd choose this over the other three options.

Pointless. There's not enough alcohol to get pissed in that, but still enough to significantly count to your alcohol intake if you drink a few cans. Better of with water or tea.

It reminds me of when I was a student and tried to get pissed on "Trent bitter" (ABV 3.0%). I drank 20 cans and the only thing I felt was a need to go for a piss every ten minutes.

It reminds me of when I was a student and tried to get pissed on "Trent bitter" (ABV 3.0%). I drank 20 cans and the only thing I felt was a need to go for a piss every ten minutes.

it's like a J69 statement... but about alcohol... I'm confused.

<_<

you're right though it seems like a fucking waste of time, too much alcohol to enjoy irresponsibly and not enough to actually enjoy...

I was in a pub in Scotland one teatime, and these Americans came in (dressed ott in golf gear as you'd expect) and they asked the barman if he had any 'light beer'. <_<

:)

I've always wondered what 'light beer' is. I've seen Coors about but never bought it, think thats one. Is it light as in less alcohol or some kind of 'diet' beer?

Speaking of which, saw diet Bacardi Breezers advertised the other day. :)

I was in a pub in Scotland one teatime, and these Americans came in (dressed ott in golf gear as you'd expect) and they asked the barman if he had any 'light beer'. <_<

:)

I've always wondered what 'light beer' is. I've seen Coors about but never bought it, think thats one. Is it light as in less alcohol or some kind of 'diet' beer?

Speaking of which, saw diet Bacardi Breezers advertised the other day. :)

Low calorie (in the US anyway).

I've always wondered why diet tonic water is called "slimline". You don't seem to get "slimline" anything else.

You do, it's a Schweppes thing rather than a tonic thing though.

I believe it's beer with less calories in it, so diet beer sort of. My Mrs was drinking diet Barcardi Breezer at a lasses house party a few months back. She was stone cold sober.

bet you were gutted.

no awkward elbowy leftpeg sex that night then...

I believe it's beer with less calories in it, so diet beer sort of. My Mrs was drinking diet Barcardi Breezer at a lasses house party a few months back. She was stone cold sober.

bet you were gutted.

no awkward elbowy leftpeg sex that night then...

<_< I had still had my Chloroform.