Ipswich Town game called off on Saturday

Renton

A woman at work yesterday said something along the lines of "oh well, at least they're only prostitutes he's killing" <_<

I think it should be legalised (prostitution, not murdering them). Could be taxed and monitored, the women could get regular health checks, screening and counselling. Keep the pimps away and move it to somewhere like an industrial estate on the edge of town so it's not going on on anyone's doorstep. I believe some big cities already have 'tolerated zones'.

I heard a programme about rape on Radio 4 recently where a counsellor for woman who had been attacked said that in rape trials men tended to be more sympathetic to the alleged victim than women. A theory she put forward was that men are generally outraged that a fellow man would do this to a woman whereas women may feel that the victim was 'asking for it' in some way and that this was a sort of defence mechanism that reassured them it would never happen to them. Obviously that's a gross generalisation but there may be an similar element in your colleague's attitude to this.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A woman at work yesterday said something along the lines of "oh well, at least they're only prostitutes he's killing" <_<

I think it should be legalised (prostitution, not murdering them). Could be taxed and monitored, the women could get regular health checks, screening and counselling. Keep the pimps away and move it to somewhere like an industrial estate on the edge of town so it's not going on on anyone's doorstep. I believe some big cities already have 'tolerated zones'.

I heard a programme about rape on Radio 4 recently where a counsellor for woman who had been attacked said that in rape trials men tended to be more sympathetic to the alleged victim than women. A theory she put forward was that men are generally outraged that a fellow man would do this to a woman whereas women may feel that the victim was 'asking for it' in some way and that this was a sort of defence mechanism that reassured them it would never happen to them. Obviously that's a gross generalisation but there may be an similar element in your colleague's attitude to this.

Either that or she's a spiteful bitch.

A woman at work yesterday said something along the lines of "oh well, at least they're only prostitutes he's killing" :lol:

<_<

Aye. Who d'ya think yee are anyway Alexis? The Fish? :)

........actually the Fish would be way less sympathetic. He'd probably batter a rape victim if they came to him for counselling, windows or doors.

Edited by manc-mag

A woman at work yesterday said something along the lines of "oh well, at least they're only prostitutes he's killing" :)

<_<

Aye. Who d'ya think yee are anyway Alexis? The Fish? :scratchchin:

........actually the Fish would be way less sympathetic. He'd probably batter a rape victim if they came for him for counselling, windows or doors.

At that Jimmy Carr gig recently he had a couple of jokes about rape like. Not pleasant either.

"I read a survey recently that said that 95% of women close their eyes when they're kissing. Which is why it's always so hard to get a positive ID on a rapist."

"Have you seen those posters around London - "Ask a rape victim for the REAL cost of an unlicensed minicab"? Don't. They go FUCKING MENTAL!

:lol::scratchchin:

A woman at work yesterday said something along the lines of "oh well, at least they're only prostitutes he's killing" :)

<_<

Aye. Who d'ya think yee are anyway Alexis? The Fish? :scratchchin:

........actually the Fish would be way less sympathetic. He'd probably batter a rape victim if they came for him for counselling, windows or doors.

At that Jimmy Carr gig recently he had a couple of jokes about rape like. Not pleasant either.

"I read a survey recently that said that 95% of women close their eyes when they're kissing. Which is why it's always so hard to get a positive ID on a rapist."

"Have you seen those posters around London - "Ask a rape victim for the REAL cost of an unlicensed minicab"? Don't. They go FUCKING MENTAL!

:lol::scratchchin:

That's MUCH more offensive than my jokes. :scratchchin:

God i hope Bridget doesn't read that.

I censored my original post tbh :lol:

I've been on the end of a fair bit of abuse today and I haven't even said owt!

bastids the lorra ya!

and I agree prostitution should be legalised and controlled, but I don't think that'll cure curbcrawlers cos a lot of them will see a brothel as too much of an establishment-thing. It'll bring their dirty little secret into the light...

Though it's entirely possible that legalising it is only curing the symptom not the cause, the girls who become prostitutes do it because they don't have another choice... no little girl ever grows up wanting to be a whore. Well lasses from Byker aside.

and no I haven't and wouldn't ever want to sleep with a prostitute.

never used whores myself, was sorely tempted years ago in Amsterdam cos there was one incredible blonde in a window looking at me as if I was the answer to all her sexual questions (which no doubt I was) but I'm not gonna spend money on it when it's easily available for free!

I'm more interested in Snakehips explaining how he's came into contact with hundreds of prossy's over the years tbh, if he a serial kerb crawler a la David Pleat or is he some kind of sex worker councillor?

never used whores myself, was sorely tempted years ago in Amsterdam cos there was one incredible blonde in a window looking at me as if I was the answer to all her sexual questions (which no doubt I was) but I'm not gonna spend money on it when it's easily available for free!

I'm more interested in Snakehips explaining how he's came into contact with hundreds of prossy's over the years tbh, if he a serial kerb crawler a la David Pleat or is he some kind of sex worker councillor?

<_<

<_<

Tis true, it was as if she was using some kind of Uri Gellar mind trick,firing words directly into my head, she got as far as, "Can you.." and I just started nodding my head knowingly! :lol:

I find it quite sad that a man who would have us believe (whether true or not) he was at one time such a sexual dynamo, is reduced to sneaking into the library on the way home from work for a quick play on the internet, cos his lass won't let him have it in the house. :lol: I'm picturing less Barry White, more Ronnie Corbett off "Sorry!"

Has the novelty worn off on your lass or what, Smooth? <_<

I find it quite sad that a man who would have us believe (whether true or not) he was at one time such a sexual dynamo, is reduced to sneaking into the library on the way home from work for a quick play on the internet, cos his lass won't let him have it in the house. :lol: I'm picturing less Barry White, more Ronnie Corbett off "Sorry!"

Understatment of the year tbh. Sports Bar is the only place he gets to see a pair of knockers these days by the sound of it.

I find it quite sad that a man who would have us believe (whether true or not) he was at one time such a sexual dynamo, is reduced to sneaking into the library on the way home from work for a quick play on the internet, cos his lass won't let him have it in the house. :) I'm picturing less Barry White, more Ronnie Corbett off "Sorry!"

Understatment of the year tbh. Sports Bar is the only place he gets to see a pair of knockers these days by the sound of it.

I too find it sad, however when you have kids a change takes place. I am now the bearer of responsibility and therefore cannot live the way I was once inclined/afforded to. Many of my old friends I bump into now and then simply don't beleive I have settled down and embraced family life, but it's a sad fact.

Sexual dynamo I was and will always be as long as there's a bone in my cock! Not having the internet at home doesn't diminish my standing, infact one of the main reason she wanted rid of it was cos our time in the bedroom reduced due to my increased internet exposure.

So picture a white Barry White, 3 times lighter but still with a black mans cock and you'd not be far off! :lol:

I find it quite sad that a man who would have us believe (whether true or not) he was at one time such a sexual dynamo, is reduced to sneaking into the library on the way home from work for a quick play on the internet, cos his lass won't let him have it in the house. :scratchchin: I'm picturing less Barry White, more Ronnie Corbett off "Sorry!"

Has the novelty worn off on your lass or what, Smooth? :lol:

I too find it sad, however when you have kids a change takes place. I am now the bearer of responsibility and therefore cannot live the way I was once inclined/afforded to. Many of my old friends I bump into now and then simply don't beleive I have settled down and embraced family life, but it's a sad fact.

Sexual dynamo I was and will always be as long as there's a bone in my cock! Not having the internet at home doesn't diminish my standing, infact one of the main reason she wanted rid of it was cos our time in the bedroom reduced due to my increased internet exposure.

So picture a white Barry White, 3 times lighter but still with a black mans cock and you'd not be far off! :)

You want to get that seen to mate, its not meant to be that colour you know :scratchchin:

dunno why I rushed in with the reply he'll not read it til tomorrow lunchtime. <_<

As for the prostitution debate, the answer would be tolerance zones, areas where girls can ply their trade and punters see them without any worries, areas with CCTV but people can go safely knowing their not going to get pulled over by the police. The likes of an industrial estate away from peoples homes etc so it takes the problem away from suburban areas but is well lit and safely monitored. Any girls trying to work anywhere else could then be pulled up and arrested.

As for the jokes Im not offended by them but I do think that general society see these girls as less than the shit they've scraped off their shoes, street girls are usually junkies etc that have gotten into a mess and need the cash, its either that or robbing people. Im sure one girl that was murdered had 4 kids and was doing it to feed them, very sad state of affairs all round tbh :scratchchin:

EDIT: And sorry like but I do think the Advent Calendar is sick, its one thing making jokes as a generalisation but using actual victims pictures is a bit too much imho like

<_<:lol::)

Fuck me sideways, I'm sitting next to a lass whose busy doing her homework and I've just scared the living shit out of her by erupting in laughter at seeing that!

I'm refering to the Advent calendar not Peasepud's moralistic ramblings. :scratchchin:

Edited by Smooth Operator