Emre to face FA investigation

smoggeordie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Bowyer supposedly dump his lass when he found out she was part indian because "If we have kids they could be brown like your gran"?

As for the dogs stuff, I'm sure more people are killed by cars than knives, but I don't think that means we should relax laws on kids carrying switchblades around.

Various newspapers (most notably the Mirror with a front-page story iirc) have called Bowyer racist and more or less said " try suing us". I assume he wouldn't have a leg to stand on given the witness statements from the trial following the McDonald's incident. I'd love to see those death by cow stats btw :lol:

Didn't Bowyer supposedly dump his lass when he found out she was part indian because "If we have kids they could be brown like your gran"?

See that's exactly what I mean.

Is that true?

Is that more tabloid muck raking (true or untrue it probably doesn't matter if they are looking for a story)?

Is it just a made up rumour because it fits the public mood?

Who knows? It is true that Bowyer has had much more public scrutiny and hate stemming from the Leeds incident than Woodgate though, you'd think Woodgate was the one aquitted for it really.

As for the dogs stuff, I'm sure more people are killed by cars than knives, but I don't think that means we should relax laws on kids carrying switchblades around.

There's a world of difference between trying to stop the sort of attacks that have made tabloid headlines recently (which have been the fault of the IDIOTS that left young children with or near large dogs unsupervised as much as the dogs themselves) and the calls for ALL dogs to be muzzled in public (some men rape people should ALL men be chemically castrated therefore) or even complete banning ALL dog ownership.

Insanity frankly.

(not to mention that with cars and knives it's an issue of exposure, where as with dogs and other animals actually more people are exposed to more dogs more often.... it's just a campaign to ban "dangerous pigs" gets NO headlines and sells NO newpapers :lol: )

Various newspapers (most notably the Mirror with a front-page story iirc) have called Bowyer racist and more or less said " try suing us". I assume he wouldn't have a leg to stand on given the witness statements from the trial following the McDonald's incident.

Ah I see it was a 1996 incident.

I'd love to see those death by cow stats btw :lol:

Don't underestimate the nastiness of livestock, you've never know fear till a boar that's nearly 6' at the shoulder with tusks bigger than you're forearm comes charging towards you. :icon_lol:

And they'll not just kill you, but they'll then eat you to (quite seriously).

The big difference is that most of the people that work with animals like that know the risks and that as I said there is NO tabloid mileage in a campaign to ban nursing Friesian cows etc.

See that's exactly what I mean.

Is that true?

Is that more tabloid muck raking (true or untrue it probably doesn't matter if they are looking for a story)?

Is it just a made up rumour because it fits the public mood?

It's according to his girlfriend's account.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,870738,00.html

According to Emma there was a pattern of self-destructive behaviour, and she forgave him many times until, one night, he said something she can never pardon. Though Emma has an olive complexion, her mother is, half-Asian. Whether or not Bowyer was aware of this, the matter was not mentioned until they had been dating for 10 months, by which time he wanted them to get engaged. One night, however, when they rowed because she turned up late for a dinner date, she says he raised the question of her ethnicity. 'I was in his bedroom getting ready and he started ranting then stormed off downstairs,' she recalls. 'When he came back a few minutes later he looked at me sort of strangely and said, 'Oh, my mum's just told me something about you. He didn't use the word Paki, or Indian. He said - and I'll never forget - "My mum says you've got something 'in' you." I said, "Yes, I'm Indian", and Lee replied, "Yeah, that's what my mum said", and he started pacing up and down the floor. He went downstairs again, and when he returned he said we couldn't have a baby because it might be a "throwback". I asked what he meant, and he said, "You know, we could have a brown baby. It could be the colour of your mum."'

There's a world of difference between trying to stop the sort of attacks that have made tabloid headlines recently (which have been the fault of the IDIOTS that left young children with or near large dogs unsupervised as much as the dogs themselves) and the calls for ALL dogs to be muzzled in public (some men rape people should ALL men be chemically castrated therefore) or even complete banning ALL dog ownership.

Insanity frankly.

(not to mention that with cars and knives it's an issue of exposure, where as with dogs and other animals actually more people are exposed to more dogs more often.... it's just a campaign to ban "dangerous pigs" gets NO headlines and sells NO newpapers :lol: )

I don't think i understand this argument. People are exposed to dogs more than cars or knives? I ride around in cars and use knves every day, I can't remember the last time I was "exposed" to a dog (Actually I'll go on record as saying I've never exposed myself to a dog, just to clarify). I certainly question that there is a legitimate reason for having certain types of dog which have been bred through the ages for the purpose of making them agressive and good at fighting. But then that's a debate for another thread.

Edited by BlueStar

It's according to his girlfriend's account.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,870738,00.html

Yep, fair enough if that is true and not just a jilted girlfriend cashing in.

I don't think i understand this argument. People are exposed to dogs more than cars or knives? I ride around in cars and use knves every day, I can't remember the last time I was "exposed" to a dog (Actually I'll go on record as saying I've never exposed myself to a dog, just to clarify). I certainly question that there is a legitimate reason for having certain types of dog which have been bred through the ages for the purpose of making them agressive and good at fighting. But then that's a debate for another thread.

People are exposed to the "dangers" of cars constantly, when travelling in them (both their own and others) when walking down the path, when cycling, when crossing the road.

Knives on the other hand possess little inherent danger without intent to use them and exposure to that is fairly rare.

But dogs people are exposed to all of the time, far more than to horses, or cows, pigs, yet the number of deaths is very small compared to the massive exposure.

i.e. dogs aren't "dangerous" in a broad genuine context (in a usual definition of the word), or at least by the same token if they are then cars should have been banned long, long ago – yet that is exactly what tabloid hysteria is proposing, muzzling all dogs in public (which would have prevented NONE of the recent deaths, of course), banning all dogs as pets etc. etc.

However no one in his or her right mind would leave a small child or even baby around a horse, or cow or pig unsupervised (and if they did they’d rightly be castigated for it).

One thing that really got me in the current "trial by News of the World" for dogs is a comment saying that “There should be a mass cull of all dogs which scientists advise are a potential danger to humans”.

Quite who they think these “dog scientist” are or how they can determine which dogs are “a potential danger to humans” I really do not know.

Anyway I think is probably getting away from something that should be discussed in a NUFC forum so I’ll leave it there. :lol:

I think blanket bans on certain dogs or madatory muzzling isn't the way to go. Any dog can be agressive. You've said the latest incident was down to a stupid owner and I agree. What should happen is that reports of violent dogs should be followed up and the dog should be assesed if it lunges at someone, tries to snap the posties fingers off or goes for a Westie's throat. If it looks like the dog has been brought up in a way that it's a danger and/or the person who owns it can't control it properly then it needs to be dealt with. The only people I'd think would have a problem with that are twats who WANT a dog that acts like a little twat to make them look hard when they take it out in a thick chain and spiked collar to growl at passers by.

I think there should be blanket bans on certain breeds given some of the charva cretins who want these dogs as status symbols. Trouble is though, the current bans aren't enforceable so I don't see the point in any new laws on this. Plus, it'll all be forgotten about soon. Until the next attack.

just curious. Fop, what kind of Dog do you own?

Me? I have a Shetland Sheepdog (had another one before this one). About as dangerous as your average jelly (in fact jellys are probably more dangerous as they might contain traces of nuts [nuts should clearly be banned tbh - absolutely LETHAL :lol: ] or might choke you).

But I do know two people with Staffies (both of which are wonderful with kids) but if you walk them you do get people crossing to the other side of the street when they see them (is there such a thing as dog racism? <_<).

And people I know have owned everything from Irish Wolfhounds to Labradors to Jack Russels (actually about the most inherently vicious dog there is IMO, only their size stops them from doing media hysteria damage).

But I've never really met a bad dog (although I've met some that just weren't suitable to be left around children – so shockingly they weren’t), only bad owners.

Although again I have to wonder how muzzling all dogs in public or licensing them would have stopped the attack in Merseyside or indeed the one a few months before that when both were in homes with unsuitable dogs (not so much in their breed but in temperament and that they weren’t used to children in either case) being left with unsupervised access to very young children.

Ironically personally I've never been attacked by a dog, but I've been attacked 3 times by cats (one nearly took my eye out as I was provocatively sitting absolutely still watching TV :D).

Perhaps I should whip up a hysterical media campaign for cat haters to get all jingoistic about? :icon_lol:

Anyway as I said probably not the place for this.

I like Staffies and English Bull Terriers myself and I wouldn't like to see them banned. Lovely dogs with a lovely nature imo. My point still stands about bannings in any case. Unless they are enforced they are a complete waste of time. The case in question proves this as there were two complaints about this dog prior to the tragedy that occurred. The dog being an illegal breed should have been spotted at that stage.

I like Staffies and English Bull Terriers myself and I wouldn't like to see them banned. Lovely dogs with a lovely nature imo. My point still stands about bannings in any case. Unless they are enforced they are a complete waste of time. The case in question proves this as there were two complaints about this dog prior to the tragedy that occurred. The dog being an illegal breed should have been spotted at that stage.

It's is absolutely amazing though how many people cross over from you if you're walking one though (they've even had comments like "dogs like that should be muzzled").

It is ”dogism” I suppose and in its own way every bit a bigoted and prejudicial as the stereotypical a middle class white person crossing over the road from some minority or chav as they are worried in case they might mug them. :lol:

It's is absolutely amazing though how many people cross over from you if you're walking one though (they've even had comments like "dogs like that should be muzzled").

It is ”dogism” I suppose and in its own way every bit a bigoted and prejudicial as the stereotypical a middle class white person crossing over the road from some minority or chav as they are worried in case they might mug them. :lol:

You get some right arseholes (albeit a minority) owning them though. Which is a problem. Attacks are very rare though.

I always make a wide arc around pensioners. Freaks them out.

It is ”dogism” I suppose and in its own way every bit a bigoted and prejudicial as the stereotypical a middle class white person crossing over the road from some minority or chav as they are worried in case they might mug them. <_<

:lol: I feel a civil rights movement for dogs coming on. Stick a little suit on yours and it can be Martin Woofer King. :icon_lol: Watch out for snipers though!

It is ”dogism” I suppose and in its own way every bit a bigoted and prejudicial as the stereotypical a middle class white person crossing over the road from some minority or chav as they are worried in case they might mug them. :D

:lol: I feel a civil rights movement for dogs coming on. Stick a little suit on yours and it can be Martin Woofer King. <_< Watch out for snipers though!

How long that been up your sleeve? Gold tbh :icon_lol:

It is ”dogism” I suppose and in its own way every bit a bigoted and prejudicial as the stereotypical a middle class white person crossing over the road from some minority or chav as they are worried in case they might mug them. :D

:lol: I feel a civil rights movement for dogs coming on. Stick a little suit on yours and it can be Martin Woofer King. :icon_lol: Watch out for snipers though!

<_<

I dislike dogs intensively, especially bull dogs and I make no bones about it. I couldn't give a shit if that makes me "doggist" either. Having been attacked by one as a kid (unprovoked), having stood in countless mounds of dog shit, and suffering terrible allergies to them, I think I have the right to dislike them. And whether it is the owner's fault or the dogs themselves is of no consequence to me.