New contract for Bramble

Jimbo

Shit news if true. Isn't Rebellious friends with Titus?

Yes and not once have I let that blind judgement. Read through the posts and you will see that I agree with needing better defenders. He never denies his faults either.

I`m pissed off with the attitude towards someone who has helped this club in bigger ways than the odd goal let in. I have previously mentioned in this thread. The Chelsea one that got us into 7th for the intertoto cup and the one that got us from intertoto to UEFA. Also the really good run of form during Souness time. Playing through injury when able and generally respected the club.

Do any of you slagging Roeder off think that we can afford to let him go money wise? Not for shit let me tell you. I would understand if we had 4 top 5 defenders in our ranks but wake up we havn`t.

IMO if Roeder let Titus go before Carr, Babayoro, Moore or Ramage he would need locking up in a mental institute.

Have any of you thought that even if NUFC want rid that they stand to get alot more for him with a longer contract.

If Bramble went before Luque and other poor players in our team then our board would be stupid. As someone said earlier in this thread there are far worse players on bigger wages than Bramble in areas with more cover too.

Try thinking before you type.

I wouldn't play him again. His inconsistent play and concentration lapses could potentially harm the development of any of our young centrehalves who were unlucky enough to be paired with him.

I'd pick Taylor, Ramage, Hunty and Edgar ahead of him. Seriously.

Why should we think that he won't have concentration lapses in the future? He's 25 now, he should be at the height of his powers, not just finding his feet. I've given him plenty of chances in the past and willed him to have a good game from whistle to whistle but it's simply not going to happen.

The fact that Soccer AM refer to a shambles as 'a Titus Brambles' says it all. Rightly or wrongly, he's a joke and brings ridicule on this club and re-enforces the Newcastle-can't-defend line.

Sorry.

I stopped reading at the point. :lol:

Bramble isnt the long term answer. Nor is he anywhere near as bad as people like to make out. He has made more than his fair share of mistakes but he is also a far better player than people give him credit for. Rebellious is quite right in what he says.

The lad is scapegoated with some justification but this is way over the top. There are a dozen players in our squad I would get shot of before/with him depending on our ambition. We have some very good players and some who can play very well sporadically. If Titus has the right player next to him he can be very good as we saw with the Woodgate/Bramble partnership and more recently Taylor/Bramble. He needs a mouth next to him. Decent back up player who shouldnt be a first choice. Much like a good few others in the squad/first team.

Taylor & Bramble are an awful partnership, all brawn and no brains. Actually make that were an awful partnership, Taylor has looked more complete recently. (Although I still doubt he could cajole Titus through a mistake-free 90mins.)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit news if true. Isn't Rebellious friends with Titus?

Yes and not once have I let that blind judgement. Read through the posts and you will see that I agree with needing better defenders. He never denies his faults either.

I`m pissed off with the attitude towards someone who has helped this club in bigger ways than the odd goal let in. I have previously mentioned in this thread. The Chelsea one that got us into 7th for the intertoto cup and the one that got us from intertoto to UEFA. Also the really good run of form during Souness time. Playing through injury when able and generally respected the club.

Do any of you slagging Roeder off think that we can afford to let him go money wise? Not for shit let me tell you. I would understand if we had 4 top 5 defenders in our ranks but wake up we havn`t.

IMO if Roeder let Titus go before Carr, Babayoro, Moore or Ramage he would need locking up in a mental institute.

Have any of you thought that even if NUFC want rid that they stand to get alot more for him with a longer contract.

If Bramble went before Luque and other poor players in our team then our board would be stupid. As someone said earlier in this thread there are far worse players on bigger wages than Bramble in areas with more cover too.

Try thinking before you type.

I wouldn't play him again. His inconsistent play and concentration lapses could potentially harm the development of any of our young centrehalves who were unlucky enough to be paired with him.

I'd pick Taylor, Ramage, Hunty and Edgar ahead of him. Seriously.

Why should we think that he won't have concentration lapses in the future? He's 25 now, he should be at the height of his powers, not just finding his feet. I've given him plenty of chances in the past and willed him to have a good game from whistle to whistle but it's simply not going to happen.

The fact that Soccer AM refer to a shambles as 'a Titus Brambles' says it all. Rightly or wrongly, he's a joke and brings ridicule on this club and re-enforces the Newcastle-can't-defend line.

Sorry.

I stopped reading at the point. :lol:

Bramble isnt the long term answer. Nor is he anywhere near as bad as people like to make out. He has made more than his fair share of mistakes but he is also a far better player than people give him credit for. Rebellious is quite right in what he says.

The lad is scapegoated with some justification but this is way over the top. There are a dozen players in our squad I would get shot of before/with him depending on our ambition. We have some very good players and some who can play very well sporadically. If Titus has the right player next to him he can be very good as we saw with the Woodgate/Bramble partnership and more recently Taylor/Bramble. He needs a mouth next to him. Decent back up player who shouldnt be a first choice. Much like a good few others in the squad/first team.

Taylor & Bramble are an awful partnership, all brawn and no brains. Actually make that were an awful partnership, Taylor has looked more complete recently. (Although I still doubt he could cajole Titus through a mistake-free 90mins.)

Nah, look back to the Reading and Vigo games (of the few they have played together at centre half) and they did well. It has been rare to play them together this season for a variety of reasons. It was those games that saw Taylor start to look like a footballer rather a lad who believed his own hype incidentally. Still has an awful long way to go though but looking better and good for him. His pace lets him down as does his penchant for dropping back behind the defensive line but heyho, I think he will learn. His gob is a big plus.

Can people stop using that goal against Chelsea as a reason he should stay. Maybe if he hadn't fucked up so much earlier in the season we wouldn't have needed that goal for European qualification.

Wasnt that Boumsong :lol:

He played a large part in our rise up the table too tbf.

As an aside, he played regularly in the side that got us to 3rd etc etc. I am told that Dyer, Robert, Bernard, JJ and Hughes were all carried by the others in the side that season by various people. Gary Speed, Solano, Shearer, Bellend and Shay were obviously outstanding. Hope they go on to play in the Masters :razz:

Can people stop using that goal against Chelsea as a reason he should stay. Maybe if he hadn't fucked up so much earlier in the season we wouldn't have needed that goal for European qualification.

As an aside, he played regularly in the side that got us to 3rd etc etc. I am told that Dyer, Robert, Bernard, JJ and Hughes were all carried by the others in the side that season by various people. Gary Speed, Solano, Shearer, Bellend and Shay were obviously outstanding. Hope they go on to play in the Masters :razz:

You and I both know that if we didn't have Jonathon Woodgate we would have nowhere near made third.

You and I both know that if we didn't have Jonathon Woodgate we would have nowhere near made third.

Really? Where were we in the league when we signed him?

I seem to remember it more that we scored a lot more then (not Keegan more, but quite a few) so we didn't have to worry so much about letting them in.... not to mention that I remember them coming back from behind on many occasions to win.

Earlier this season it was definately a case of it we let one in we'd likely lose.

I seem to remember it more that we scored a lot more then (not Keegan more, but quite a few) so we didn't have to worry so much about letting them in.... not to mention that I remember them coming back from behind on many occasions to win.

Earlier this season it was definately a case of it we let one in we'd likely lose.

Interesting point - so you agree with Leazes that we need an attacker more than a defender?

Our defensive record was better last season than it was in 2001-02 and 2002-3 as it happens. We bettered last seasons in Woodgates full season with us in 2003-4 though. He was (and still is) outstanding.

Interesting point - so you agree with Leazes that we need an attacker more than a defender?

Our defensive record was better last season than it was in 2001-02 and 2002-3 as it happens. We bettered last seasons in Woodgates full season with us in 2003-4 though. He was (and still is) outstanding.

I think we need both (and tbh probably more quality in midfield - although not numbers). :razz:

Yep Woodgate was excellent although in hindsight he wouldn't have played much with his injuries, assuming he'd had the same ones if he'd stayed, I'd still happily have him back though.

Why the hell would we offer the chump Bramble a new contract? He's shite... what makes it worse is our other defenders aren't a great deal better, crazy shit.