Global Warming

wykikitoon

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you answer Parky? :lol:

Shall I make some spelling mishtakes or grammatical errors to distract you? :blush:

Well, if you can't answer the question, use whatever tactics you like.

Can't you answer Parky? :lol:

Shall I make some spelling mishtakes or grammatical errors to distract you? :blush:

I gave the answer earlier.

Can't you answer Parky? :blush:

Shall I make some spelling mishtakes or grammatical errors to distract you? ;)

:lol: OK then, I must have missed it but it should be pretty easy for you to cut and paste it here if you've already answered. So, when you wrote: "It is a bit like talking to blind people in a dark room while you stand in a sunlit doorway." What were you alluding to?

Its exactly 12° hotter today here, than it was 12 months ago.

Now THATS science!!!

NO people fuck off, this threads shit, pseudo intellectual bollocks blah blah blah. :lol:]

toontastics village idiot speaks!!!!

Shit, just noticed this one too. Despite the best efforts of Vic et al to turn this place into a turdfest, most have been quite accomodating to me. Yet you, as usual, seize upon any half arsed chance to insult my intelligence, possibly because it was highlighted by others elsewhere that they thought i was more intelligent than yow. A point i laughed at but knew it would have sent you mental.

Its 'Toontastic's' btw you dribbling old monger.

:lol: OK then, I must have missed it but it should be pretty easy for you to cut and paste it here if you've already answered. So, when you wrote: "It is a bit like talking to blind people in a dark room while you stand in a sunlit doorway." What were you alluding to?

As I said it was a play on Nietzsche.

That says what it is, not what you were alluding to. If you're as clever as you like to think you are, it should be easy to explain in simple terms what you meant. Could you do that please?

That says what it is, not what you were alluding to. If you're as clever as you like to think you are, it should be easy to explain in simple terms what you meant. Could you do that please?

No.

Can't you answer Parky? ;)

Shall I make some spelling mishtakes or grammatical errors to distract you? :D

No.

Thought not :blush:

Can't you answer Parky? ;)

Shall I make some spelling mishtakes or grammatical errors to distract you? :D

No.

:D <<<<< Parky.

:D:blush:

found it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes...g_summary.shtml

it made sense when I saw it. Make of it what you will

Nothing about the Ozone layer in that. Since the use of CFCs has been globally banned, the hole should recover, although it will take time. A classic example of how good science and political will power can prevent catastrophe. The hole in the ozone layer is presently only of concern to penguin dermatologists and their patients.

go back to my original post, I wasn't talking about the ozone layer

You said:

Rob, did you ever see that Horizon where they had a scientist actually claiming we were in deeper shit than even the prevailiing CC scientists thought, whereby the heating of the planet should be much higher but is actually prevented by heavy pollutants suspended in cloud cover and contrail (suspended in water droplets) - he confirmed this in the days after 9/11 when contrails were removed from the equation. Anyway, the upshot of it was, if we remove the pollutants without repairing the ozone layer (which no-one has a clue how to do) we will actually heat up worse than if we stay as is

You've repeated the connection several times since. And you have the hypocrisy to claim "greens" (whatever that umbrella term means) don't understand the science behind global warming, yet you somehow do, based on some very controversial viewpoints that were the subject of a Horizons program. ;)

I've never discussed anything with you but have you sussed I think. You're happy to pretend you're knowledgable in a subject, spout complete ungrounded nonsense, then just deny it when you are exposed for what you are. Hope HTT gets N-O up and running asap.

all right I got the 2 things mixed up, but tbh I was going on a recolection of that program which was ages ago, and no I don't have a doctorate in global warming but unless you do, keep your childish insults to yourself

My orignal point still stands that by decreasing pollution will actually make things worse. What is there in that article that you don't agree with? And don't give me any shit about the accepted opinion of science, a cursory knowledge knows it only takes 1 paper to change the entire body of scientific knowledge on a subject, often decades after the paper is published

And also, on a minor point, as I also said, we have not repaired the layer (because it's impossible), it is repairing itself.

As you rightly point out you have no knowledge of my background or experience, but if you want to get into a pissing contest I'll be happy to oblige

Childish insults? Pointing out you were wrong on a VERY basic matter you mean? Basically, you have shown yourself to be completely ignorant on the subject of global warming. As such I don't think you have the ability to critically appraise that Horizon program or any other literature or media on the subject for that matter. Yet you still have the nerve to accuse "Greens" of not knowing what they are talking about. :lol:

I'll know to avoid you in the future though, thanks for verifying that. :blush:

gee I might cry

could you fucking backtrack any faster?

just say what you don't agree with in the article, or I'll get the University to take back your doctorate in climate change

It's the opinion of a small group of scientists ffs, not being a climatologist (but knowing some basics) myself I don't really have much of an opinion on it, and neither should you really. I'm certainly not going to watch a program on the TV (Horizons ffs) and pretend I'm some world authority and that the mainstream climatologists are all wrong though.

finally you admit you're not a climatologist then

I didn't say I was a world authority, I merely put up credible evidence against the prevailing scientific and green opinion, based on scientific fact and not beautiful planet ideology. I even added 'make of it what you will' to make it clear I was offering information not opinion, but if semantics defeat you we really shouldn't continue

"and that the mainstream climatologists are all wrong though."

Nice to see my point about mainstream scientific belief passed you by though

Demonstrated he's too clever to talk to the rest of the people in this thread like. Maybe he really is Rob's son :lol:

I don't think anyone wants a boring uber post about global warming from me. :blush:

Too right. I think we want an explanation about what you meant by stepping out into the sunlight. I think I know btw, and know why you are avoiding answering the question. Leazes couldn't do better.

Demonstrated he's too clever to talk to the rest of the people in this thread like. Maybe he really is Rob's son :lol:

I don't think anyone wants a boring uber post about global warming from me. ;)

Too right. I think we want an explanation about what you meant by stepping out into the sunlight. I think I know btw, and know why you are avoiding answering the question. Leazes couldn't do better.

Only fools assume my dear. :blush:

finally you admit you're not a climatologist then

I didn't say I was a world authority, I merely put up credible evidence against the prevailing scientific and green opinion, based on scientific fact and not beautiful planet ideology. I even added 'make of it what you will' to make it clear I was offering information not opinion, but if semantics defeat you we really shouldn't continue

"and that the mainstream climatologists are all wrong though."

Nice to see my point about mainstream scientific belief passed you by though

When have I said I was a climatologist? :lol:

You weren't just offering an article for discussion, you were talking out your arse about things you don't understand, and then went into a state of denial with regards your ignorance. What's your point about mainstream scientific evidence again? That it can change? Well how profound. Doesn't mean that the opinion of this climatologist is right though, and you are certainly not in a position to say if he is or not, or criticise others of being ignorant, which is what you did.

Tell you what then, tell me what you meant and I'll stop assuming.

Tell you what then, tell me what you meant and I'll stop assuming.

You assume he knows what he meant.