Global Warming

wykikitoon

found it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes...g_summary.shtml

it made sense when I saw it. Make of it what you will

Nothing about the Ozone layer in that. Since the use of CFCs has been globally banned, the hole should recover, although it will take time. A classic example of how good science and political will power can prevent catastrophe. The hole in the ozone layer is presently only of concern to penguin dermatologists and their patients.

go back to my original post, I wasn't talking about the ozone layer

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found it:

Nothing about the Ozone layer in that. Since the use of CFCs has been globally banned, the hole should recover, although it will take time. A classic example of how good science and political will power can prevent catastrophe. The hole in the ozone layer is presently only of concern to penguin dermatologists and their patients.

go back to my original post, I wasn't talking about the ozone layer

You said:

Rob, did you ever see that Horizon where they had a scientist actually claiming we were in deeper shit than even the prevailiing CC scientists thought, whereby the heating of the planet should be much higher but is actually prevented by heavy pollutants suspended in cloud cover and contrail (suspended in water droplets) - he confirmed this in the days after 9/11 when contrails were removed from the equation. Anyway, the upshot of it was, if we remove the pollutants without repairing the ozone layer (which no-one has a clue how to do) we will actually heat up worse than if we stay as is

You've repeated the connection several times since. And you have the hypocrisy to claim "greens" (whatever that umbrella term means) don't understand the science behind global warming, yet you somehow do, based on some very controversial viewpoints that were the subject of a Horizons program. :lol:

I've never discussed anything with you but have you sussed I think. You're happy to pretend you're knowledgable in a subject, spout complete ungrounded nonsense, then just deny it when you are exposed for what you are. Hope HTT gets N-O up and running asap.

Its exactly 12° hotter today here, than it was 12 months ago.

Now THATS science!!!

NO people fuck off, this threads shit, pseudo intellectual bollocks blah blah blah. :razz:

:lol:

found it:

The ozone has aleady started recovering.

Now THATS science!!!

NO people fuck off, this threads shit, pseudo intellectual bollocks blah blah blah. :lol:]

toontastics village idiot speaks!!!!

found it:

Is that meant to prove or disprove his point? :lol:

Now THATS science!!!

NO people fuck off, this threads shit, pseudo intellectual bollocks blah blah blah. :lol:

Rob W - Toontastic member # 46

Chez Given - Toontastic member # 559

New boy....................

Renton is of course correct - for once the politicians listend to the science and ACTED

but the current incumbent in the White House is scientifically incoherent

as the "Geoscience" article says tho its really not certain if we're jsut at the top of an Interglacial Warming or are moving the goal posts

we'll know in 10,000 years :lol::blush:;):D:D

Edited by Rob W

found it:

I don't want to try and fully engage with this thread if I can help it. But I have been forced to intevene against my better judgement. :blush:

It is a well established factthat you have NO judgement parky -

when your mentalist senses detected Vic, Renton, Alex and I in the same thread you were drawn to it like a moth to a flame.............................

found it:

I don't want to try and fully engage with this thread if I can help it. But I have been forced to intevene against my better judgement. :blush:

Roughly translates as: Don't know much about this but by being vague I can pretend I do. ;)

found it:

Roughly translates as: Don't know much about this but by being vague I can pretend I do. ;)

No. It means the issue is a no brainer and I get irritated discussing it with numpties. :D

It is a well established factthat you have NO judgement parky -

when your mentalist senses detected Vic, Renton, Alex and I in the same thread you were drawn to it like a moth to a flame.............................

:lol:

found it:

I don't want to try and fully engage with this thread if I can help it. But I have been forced to intevene against my better judgement. ;)

Roughly translates as: Don't know much about this but by being vague I can pretend I do. :D

No. It means the issue is a no brainer and I get irritated discussing it with numpties. :D

Ok :blush:

I think Parky was best summed up on N-O when obagol/dotbum/tbh asked him (something along the lines of): Are you going to post anything of substance or are you just going to keep making allusions to your vast intelligence? Pwned tbh :lol:

I think Parky was best summed up on N-O when obagol/dotbum/tbh asked him (something along the lines of): Are you going to post anything of substance or are you just going to keep making allusions to your vast intelligence? Pwned tbh :lol:

It is a bit like talking to blind people in a dark room while you stand in a sunlit doorway. :blush:

It is a bit like talking to blind people in a dark room while you stand in a sunlit doorway. :blush:

You've just proved his point tbh.

You've just proved his point tbh.

It's a play on Nietzsche.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, eet ees because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. ;)

It is a bit like talking to blind people in a dark room while you stand in a sunlit doorway. ;)

When the seagulls follow the trawler, eet ees because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. :D

:blush:

It is a bit like talking to blind people in a dark room while you stand in a sunlit doorway, wanking. ;)

FYP. :blush: