Greg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me what Terry said, again.

Alledgedly versus Tottenham to King(I think) "Shut your fucking mouth nigger" I think, definitely had shut mouth and nigger in combination

Alledged but widely believed to be totally true in journo circles

ta.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~967286,00.html

Glenn Roeder Statement

Statement from Newcastle United manager Glenn Roeder:

"I strongly deny any suggestion of attempting or being part of a crude cover-up to anything in our game at Everton on 30 December.

"The fact is I only felt it necessary to go into the Everton dressing room to offer an apology because from my position in the dug out there appeared to be an ugly scene on the pitch involving a lot of players from both sides after we had been awarded a penalty."

There are some right devious cunts in the media. FWIW I think Emre probably did say something naughty (although I don't think he's a racist per se) but obviously denies it and it now seems to me like its their word against wors and that Roeder is trying to appease all sides, apology to Everton, public backing for Emre, anti-racism stance etc. I don't think he's trying to cover anything up, he's too honest for a start, and I don't think he'd stand for any racism whatsoever, I don't think the club would either regardless of whether the the manager would or not. Hopefully it will all blow over, although it is a disturbing incident.

The Mail's latest offering:

Emre, meanwhile, is also alleged to have used racially aggravated and abusive language to two other players this season. Bolton's El Hadji Diouf is believed to be one of them, while the other is said to be a Watford player. The Turkish international, who denies abusing Yobo, has until January 29 to respond to the charge relating to the incident at Everton.