Newcastle v West Ham United Offical Match Thread

Guest stevieintoon

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still 11th for now, we've gone above Man City but Boro have jumped both of us on goal difference.

12th according to sky

7th: 4 points away

12th: Newcastle

16th: 4 points away

Edited by Nobby

Still 11th for now, we've gone above Man City but Boro have jumped both of us on goal difference.

12th according to sky

Man City only have 30 points according to the BBC.

P23 W8 D6 L9

12th according to sky

Man City only have 30 points according to the BBC.

P23 W8 D6 L9

probably got something to do with the game thats live now

MOM James Milner

???????? for all the bad crosses at which he is adept :blink:

supposed quality goal

A cross that only went in because Parker - who was offside - dummied it and put the keeper off. :angry:

He had a decent game though.

MOM James Milner

???????? for all the bad crosses at which he is adept :blink:

Its really beginning to spoil all the hard work Millner does get through. But under no pressure he consitently puts in some of the worst crosses i've seen and yet once a game will usually ping over a quality cross showing he can do it.

Today i personally would give hin the credit on the goal of having a shot or at the least hitting a cross shot that he knew had a chance of going in direct or being deflected. I think he probably meant it and if it had of been a cross it would have hit the first man!

Nobby played really well, started anything good we did from the back and defended like a proper defender, he did his usual work intelligently at the back and got in at least 4 cynical fouls i noticed to stop the opposition attacks but never enough for a yellow, quality stuff!

Dyer and Martins need better (or indeed any) service from the team to utilize how dangerous they are, but they ended up having to come deeper and deeper for the ball when we needed them further up.

Having not seen the game, it sounds like we were both lucky to pick up a point based on the first half performance, and unlucky not to go away with all 3 based on the second half,.

Overall though I said pre-match I'd take a point and at 2-0 down, that point becomes more valuable so I'm pleased enough. The team showed good character and hopefully that defeat to Blues is forgotten about now. 10 days before our next match, lets see some new faces and get working on that training ground Glenn and Co FFS.

Having not seen the game, it sounds like we were both lucky to pick up a point based on the first half performance, and unlucky not to go away with all 3 based on the second half,.

Overall though I said pre-match I'd take a point and at 2-0 down, that point becomes more valuable so I'm pleased enough. The team showed good character and hopefully that defeat to Blues is forgotten about now. 10 days before our next match, lets see some new faces and get working on that training ground Glenn and Co FFS.

A draw was compeltely the fair result, because when we gifted them the freedom of our goal they took their chances, then when we finally got of our arses and played a bit of football we scored and then when we were dominating we scored a second.

After that the game degenerated a bit and both teams to be fair were trying to win and both teams easilly could have.

We hit the post, their keeper made some instinctive saves from Martins and they had their chances as well, so it was a fair result.

Though the same people as usual will claim as always that we were lucky, we weren't we took 2 chances and they did. Unless their goal was wrongly disallowed then luck has nowt to do with it.

And for our first goal, we saw against Brum that apparently you can stand 2 yards offside AND obstruct a keeper from moving, so what we got today wasn't even close to that!

Cheers for the report Papa, sounded like an entertaining game at least. How did Ferdinand play, who we've been linked with?

To be honest i didn't pay much attention to Ferdinand but whenever we attacked their defence looked utter shite, sadly so did ours!

Then towards the end Ferdinand went of with an injury, which i think somebody said was a hamstring injury, so hopefully that'll end any interest from us in pissing money away on him!

Edgar and O'brien looked good. O'brien looks like shit off a stick when he goes for the ball.

He started badly, with his first 2 crosses going nowhere, but in the second half he got more involved, put ina really good cross and a really intelligent ball inside for Martins. So hopefully that's a good sign and at home he's a far better option on the wing than Patterson.

heard that he can match Dyer and Martins for pace... which is an awesome thing to have in your arsenal as a young player.

Edit how is his crossing?

Edit II never mind

Edited by The Fish

Edgar and O'brien looked good. O'brien looks like shit off a stick when he goes for the ball.

He started badly, with his first 2 crosses going nowhere, but in the second half he got more involved, put ina really good cross and a really intelligent ball inside for Martins. So hopefully that's a good sign and at home he's a far better option on the wing than Patterson.

And also put to bed the Luque issue,the amount of tracking back and trying to win the ball back that O'Brien done today,Luque could only dream about,this is what the lad O'Brien needed,a full game under his belt to build up the confidence,you could see that in the second half.

Edited by @yourservice

O'Brien certainly looked quick out there today. First time he's really been able to stretch his legs properly for the first team. There was one point in the first half when he got the ball in our half and just started galloping down the wing. Even with the ball at his feet he outpaced the WHam player with ease (whoever it was).

And what about O'brien? :blink: