John Mikel

wykikitoon

Anyone who says Lampard is a pile of rubbish is ignorant tbh - how many midfielders score shedloads of goals a season?

Has enough shots, like. :lol:

Nothing wrong with that. He gets into the positions well and makes great runs, and ends up with a decent amount of goals. He's also got plenty of assists to his name. I would say he was hyped up too much over a year ago, but after the World Cup he was all of a sudden considered useless, which is an unfair judgment on his ability.

Anyone who says Lampard is a pile of rubbish is ignorant tbh - how many midfielders score shedloads of goals a season?

Nothing wrong with that. He gets into the positions well and makes great runs, and ends up with a decent amount of goals. He's also got plenty of assists to his name. I would say he was hyped up too much over a year ago, but after the World Cup he was all of a sudden considered useless, which is an unfair judgment on his ability.

:razz:

Any with a decent shooting technique and two of the best midfielders in the world behind them putting in all the work?

Edited by Nate

Any with a decent shooting tecnique and two of the best midfielders in the world behind them putting in all the work?

:lol:

Any with a decent shooting technique and two of the best midfielders in the world behind them putting in all the work?

:lol:

If Lampard was in our side, i honestly doubt he'd get anywhere near the England starting eleven. Don't get me wrong, he's a good attacking midfielder, but nothing special. To even mention him in the same breath as Gerrard, Ronaldinho etc. is laughable, in my opinion.

He is a good player but the comparisons with Gerrard are daft. Gerrard is on a different level to him. Personally I wouldnt play the two of them together for England, not that i really give a toos abuot national football (no idea why but probably cos I hate the whole nationalistic shite that accompanies it as well as the usual southern bias that accompanies it). I think Chelsea are having similar problems to England in trying to accomodate players who are talented. Ballack isnt playing his natural game and Lampard sacrifices some of his in the process.

Anyway, I dont like Chelsea fans or the club but i do like Jose Mourinho. He is a very good manager and I have no idea how much he has spent but Fergie and Man Utd have been just as guilty of that for the last 20 years.

Of course one clubs wealth is organic and one is a rich mans play thing but you cant blame Mourinho for that.

Which first team cost more? anyone know?

He is a good player but the comparisons with Gerrard are daft. Gerrard is on a different level to him. Personally I wouldnt play the two of them together for England, not that i really give a toos abuot national football (no idea why but probably cos I hate the whole nationalistic shite that accompanies it as well as the usual southern bias that accompanies it). I think Chelsea are having similar problems to England in trying to accomodate players who are talented. Ballack isnt playing his natural game and Lampard sacrifices some of his in the process.

Anyway, I dont like Chelsea fans or the club but i do like Jose Mourinho. He is a very good manager and I have no idea how much he has spent but Fergie and Man Utd have been just as guilty of that for the last 20 years.

Of course one clubs wealth is organic and one is a rich mans play thing but you cant blame Mourinho for that.

Which first team cost more? anyone know?

Oh I agree with you both that he shouldn't be compared to Gerrard and that they shouldn't play together for England. I think both those facts should be pretty clear, but I think people doubt Lampard's ability too much.

Never watched the match tonight because there was only one winner.

Chelsea,man united blah blah etc,people want to take a reality check before even mentioning these teams imo! once Newcastle united football club start being in the top 4 year after year then hey..fantastic

Couldn't believe Lampard the other day saying that he didn't let the country down in the Summer. I'm neither a fan or a hater of him, but he was fucking shit in Germany. Most shots out of anyone in the tournament, and for a player who has built his reputation on scoring goals, to then score none AND miss a penalty is awful.

Cracked me up when he got all moody about Joey Barton having a go too. 'Who does Joey think he is'? Well who the fuck are you Frank you fat git?!

Yeap ^

Used to be a fan of his, the way he turned himself into a great player as the Chelsea revolution took place, and the goals he chipped in with at Euro2004. But his performances over the last year have crap. He's only just started to pick up again for his club.

The situation is a bit like with NUFC and the Duff/Zoggy issue. Lampard seems to be an automatic choice for England in spite of the useless performances. Not only is he crap on the pitch but it also means we don't get to see Gerrard in full swing.

I like Gerrard and think he has more all-round ability than Lampard but, generally speaking, Lampard is far more consistent. Gerrard's been pretty quiet for a lot of this season (again!) and has often been overshadowed by Alonso. I actually think, if Sisoko was fit, Benitez would be correct to play Gerrard on the right.

I like Gerrard and think he has more all-round ability than Lampard but, generally speaking, Lampard is far more consistent. Gerrard's been pretty quiet for a lot of this season (again!) and has often been overshadowed by Alonso. I actually think, if Sisoko was fit, Benitez would be correct to play Gerrard on the right.

Probably so, but now Pennant is doing well.

People seemed to forget that last season Gerrard was outstanding, scoring his most goals in a season yet, and was playing right-wing.

Yeap ^

Used to be a fan of his, the way he turned himself into a great player as the Chelsea revolution took place, and the goals he chipped in with at Euro2004. But his performances over the last year have crap. He's only just started to pick up again for his club.

The situation is a bit like with NUFC and the Duff/Zoggy issue. Lampard seems to be an automatic choice for England in spite of the useless performances. Not only is he crap on the pitch but it also means we don't get to see Gerrard in full swing.

What a load of bollocks tbh. Do you watch Chelsea week in week out?

• 9 years later...