Superbowl

bobbyshinton

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me sister's having a Superbowl Party. Pretty sure she doesn't like American Football though. I'm bemused by the whole thing (the sport and the party).

I used to follow it a fair bit. Started in SB XX with the Patriots and Bears. My brother supported the Bears so I went with the Patriots that year and they got crushed with what was then a new record. I followed them all the way the following year when they were put out of the play-offs by Denver. Around this time I started playing with our local junior side (un-kitted).

The Patriots were pretty poor all the way until more recently when they won their first Superbowl and then went on to win more with a strong side kept together over a few seasons.

This year I was hoping they could get back to face Chicago again but Indianapolis just clinched it (and I think they are favourites).

Over all, I stopped following as much when they changed the league and allowed a couple more teams in. I still get confused now as I still call some teams by their old names.

Forgot to add: When I was playing, we won the local competition that year though if Im honest I wasnt involved that much :D The league folded the year after but a few of our team went on to play for the local pro sides like the Spartans. This was around 1987-88.

Edited by JawD

Are the people who claim to know about and enjoy American football tits.

For the most part, yes.

Do you have a american team, mines NYG

To the extent that their games cause me a parking headache, I root against the Minnesota Vikings.

By the way I like american football on the telly would not fancy it live :D

It is ok if you're watching it on DVR and can fastforward past all of the time-wasting. A 60 minute game taking upwards of 3 hours is ridiculous.

Guest stevieintoon

I'd rather be buggered by Dion Dublin than sit through 4 hours of absolute shite "YAAAAAAY HE'S RAN IT THREE YARDS!!!" WHO GIVES A FUCK YE YANK CUNTS?!?!?!?!?!

Any English person who watches this shite needs to give themselves a shake. As for the 90,000 who are going to this official NFL game next year between Miami Dolphins and Pittsburger Pissheeds or whatever, I would applaud a military move to shoot them all.

always confused me about Oakland Raiders, all their fans are white... I thought Oakland was a predominantly black area?

And why has the bloke on the badge got two daggers in his heid?

always confused me about Oakland Raiders, all their fans are white... I thought Oakland was a predominantly black area?

They're not daggers. They're cutlasses.

Why's he got them in his heid though? :D

I used to watch the highlights show all the time when it was on channel 4 years ago.

For some reason my favourite team was Miami (possibly because my pair of Pony Linebackers were that colour).

Never seen it for years though & I don't think I'd ever watch a live game.

I used to have John Maden Football for my Megadrive and that was a class game.

Why's he got them in his heid though? :D

It's quicker than watching the damn sport?

It used to be quite popular over here for a while when there was fuck all else to watch on a Sunday evening. I used to like the 49ers/Joe Montana.

Aye, I loved John Madden on the Megadrive despite not having a bloody clue about the game. :D

yeh, i did too, took me ages to figure out what you had to do in it though.

As for the superbowl i watched some of the last one but it just lasted too long and nothing happened for most of it. 14 seconds of action followed by 10 minutes of analysis is not good tv.