Onion bargies

Lazarus

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London needs more immigrants to teach them how to do it! :blush: Im sure you could find a nice onion bhaji in London tbf <_<

believe me ive tried.

also if you ask if they sell pattie's in fish shops down here they don't know what one is!

London needs more immigrants to teach them how to do it! :blush: Im sure you could find a nice onion bhaji in London tbf <_<

believe me ive tried.

also if you ask if they sell pattie's in fish shops down here they don't know what one is!

I can believe that, chip shops are a bit limited down south compared to what you can get up north.

believe me ive tried.

I can believe that, chip shops are a bit limited down south compared to what you can get up north.

aye and theres hardly any Greggs shops!

I wish there was more variety with takeaway foods. Because at the moment, if I can't be arsed to cook, my options are:

Pizza

Chinese

Curry

Or if I'm feeling really desperate, McDonalds.

They should definitely do proper Italian food as takeaway. Making seafood pasta for tea tonight..

A mexican take-away would be superb. Gemmill and The Fish's Burrito Bar idea would be a license to print money if you could stop them eating the profits.

Didn't realise the onion bhaji was a northern delicacy :blink:

they are flat in london like burgers!!!

totally minging

where the fucking hell have you been eating them? All the ones i've had are perfectly rounded :)

totally minging

where the fucking hell have you been eating them? All the ones i've had are perfectly rounded :)

I've had flat ones

lush

Gosforth Traders used to have flat ones in their fridge as nosh-as-you-go snacks. Heart attacks in a bag - you could see the grease on the polythene before you even began - but utterly fantastic. :blink:

Gosforth Traders used to have flat ones in their fridge as nosh-as-you-go snacks. Heart attacks in a bag - you could see the grease on the polythene before you even began - but utterly fantastic. :)

Euphemismtastic :blink:

Gosforth Traders used to have flat ones in their fridge as nosh-as-you-go snacks. Heart attacks in a bag - you could see the grease on the polythene before you even began - but utterly fantastic. :up:

Euphemismtastic :blink:

It's harder than you'd think.

Wait, I've done it again, haven't I? :)

totally minging

all of the ones i've had in london have been flat, all of the one's i've had up north have been round

I wish there was more variety with takeaway foods. Because at the moment, if I can't be arsed to cook, my options are:

Pizza

Chinese

Curry

Or if I'm feeling really desperate, McDonalds.

They should definitely do proper Italian food as takeaway. Making seafood pasta for tea tonight..

A mexican take-away would be superb. Gemmill and The Fish's Burrito Bar idea would be a license to print money if you could stop them eating the profits.

Now that I think about it there is a Mexican takeaway place in Leeds, but it's so dreadfully dirty you cannot really classify what they sell as 'food'.

Now that I think about it there is a Mexican takeaway place in Leeds, but it's so dreadfully dirty you cannot really classify what they sell as 'food'.

There is not a lot good that comes out of Leeds but a naan kebaab from Rounday Rd is something else. Massive skewer of chicken & lamb tikka wrapped in naan bread. You could feed a family of 4 on one of those :blink:

There is not a lot good that comes out of Leeds but a naan kebaab from Rounday Rd is something else. Massive skewer of chicken & lamb tikka wrapped in naan bread. You could feed a family of 4 on one of those :blink:

The indians at the bottom of my street do them, tikka only though, £3.80, you can't wack em

I would love to try one but I never seem to be able to find anywhere that does them without onions in them! :up:

Are you seriously saying that you're looking for onion Bhajis WITHOUT onion in them? :blink:

Dunno about Bhajis but I'm eating (cold) leftover chicken satay from last night. Absolutely lush. :)

I would love to try one but I never seem to be able to find anywhere that does them without onions in them! :up:

Are you seriously saying that you're looking for onion Bhajis WITHOUT onion in them? :blink:

Dunno about Bhajis but I'm eating (cold) leftover chicken satay from last night. Absolutely lush. :)

No.

Meat and nuts flavouring just doesnt sit right with me! Had chicken and Bang Bang sauce (or something like that) the other day and it was just odd!

Whereabouts on Roundhay Road? What's it called? Do they deliver?

Answer me!

Answer me!

Sorry mate, I can't remember the name but the one I use when passing through (passing through as in detouring of the M62/M1 and using the old Wetherby Road because I'm starving :) ) is about 400yds before you reach the Fjord pub on the right hand side of road heading out of Leeds. I'll check the name next time I'm passing :up:

Answer me!

Sorry mate, I can't remember the name but the one I use when passing through (passing through as in detouring of the M62/M1 and using the old Wetherby Road because I'm starving :) ) is about 400yds before you reach the Fjord pub on the right hand side of road heading out of Leeds. I'll check the name next time I'm passing :up:

Cheers pal.

Luke, where's the mexican takeaway you're talking about?

I'm intrigued.

also FCUM, there's some awesome eateries in Leeds, not many good takeaways, but one or two fucking top rate food-dispensers.

like the Pitta Bar in Headingly, Michels Bakery at Hyde Park

Luke, where's the mexican takeaway you're talking about?

I'm intrigued.

also FCUM, there's some awesome eateries in Leeds, not many good takeaways, but one or two fucking top rate food-dispensers.

like the Pitta Bar in Headingly, Michels Bakery at Hyde Park

Gotta love those breakfast in a breadcakes. :unsure: Brod is fantastic too, but I always thought the Pitta Bar was overpriced.

The Mexican place is Piana, on Woodhouse street opposite the Hyde Park pub. But seriously mate don't go there. I got something delivered from there which stayed within me for about an hour, and once we won a pizza from there doing the Hyde Park Pub Quiz. The place is fucking filthy and the pizza was pure grease.

Gotta love those breakfast in a breadcakes. :unsure: Brod is fantastic too, but I always thought the Pitta Bar was overpriced.

The Mexican place is Piana, on Woodhouse street opposite the Hyde Park pub. But seriously mate don't go there. I got something delivered from there which stayed within me for about an hour, and once we won a pizza from there doing the Hyde Park Pub Quiz. The place is fucking filthy and the pizza was pure grease.

Piana is fucking awful like, I bought a "cheese" burger from there, it took 35 minutes to turn up and it was like a fucking frisbee sandwich with a condom on top. The cheese was chewy... now not even the cheapest processed cheese is chewy!

Brod's good, as is Chichinis, bit limited but always fresh and there's little better than walking past Chichini's in the morning with the smell of bacon sandwiches being pumped out of that airvent