Rodent Slams Window

TheMoog

From SSN:

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder slammed the timing of the January transfer window as he failed to do as much business as he would have liked.

Roeder saw his side beat Aston Villa 3-1 on Wednesday but says having the transfer window to deal with during such a busy period of football made it almost impossible to handle.

"As hard as I tried today I couldn't make a breakthrough," said Roeder.

"I think it's a terrible time to have a transfer window.

"I've got to manage a football club and prepare a team for a game but I've been working from 8am this morning trying to get players in.

"And on the final day it's not just about getting a body in, it has got to be somebody who is fit to wear a Newcastle shirt and they are in short supply at this stage."

A quick start was essential to Newcastle's victory on Wednesday, with two goals inside seven minutes helping them towards a welcome three points.

"It was terrific and they were good goals as well," added Roeder.

"It put us in the driving seat but unfortunately we conceded a silly goal from a corner and that gave the momentum back to Aston villa.

"And probably up until half time they gave us a torrid time.

"Overall I thought we played really well. We did come under a lot of pressure but Aston Villa had nothing to lose.

"Steve Harper made one great save in the second half but in the end we defended quite well and Sibierski was able to wrap things up at the end - we scored three good goals tonight."

Ha! I knew we'd leave it til the last minute to look! ;)

"I spent the whole of Wednesday ringing around to see what was available to bring in on loan in the striker department, but to be quite honest what was offered to me, in my opinion, fell way short of being good enough to wear Newcastle United shirt.

"Planning" ;):nufc::nufc:

And I actually don't think someone like Cole or maybe Hasselbaink until the end of the season would have been a bad idea. Because we actually do need bodies up front until the long term absentees come back - and that probably isn't this season...

And I actually don't think someone like Cole or maybe Hasselbaink until the end of the season would have been a bad idea. Because we actually do need bodies up front until the long term absentees come back - and that probably isn't this season...

Well yeah, we've now put ourselves in a position where we'll be all but forced to rush Shola or Owen back should Martins pick up an injury. As someone who thinks we need defenders and a striker (yes, Leazes, these people do exist), it beggars belief that having gone into the season short-handed in the striker department, then lost Shola to long-term injury months ago, we've come to the end of a transfer window having not got anyone through the door in that area.

Yep that's like not going after Campbell in the summer is mystifying, Cole probably isn't that good (although if he can still do a Sheringham sub job then that would be handy), but any more injuries up front and we just won't have any forwards.

On the other hand the transfer window is a stupid idea and is in itself responsible for pushing up player prices as agents and other clubs can hold clubs to randsom knowing that if they clubs don't pay then they have to wait.

Well yeah, we've now put ourselves in a position where we'll be all but forced to rush Shola or Owen back should Martins pick up an injury. As someone who thinks we need defenders and a striker (yes, Leazes, these people do exist), it beggars belief that having gone into the season short-handed in the striker department, then lost Shola to long-term injury months ago, we've come to the end of a transfer window having not got anyone through the door in that area.

With Rossi having left, we are actually another striker down. Sibs always been prone to a few injuries and we all know Dyers injury record, so basically if Martins does pick up an injury we could be in a bad way and our season could be fucked completely.

you're fucking tards taking that comment to mean he's only been on it one day

It's the impression he gives though, eh? And he's had a month to 'ring round' everyone, and he's also had the time before the window opened to do that. The excuse that there is not enough time is lame and pathetic.

Again, I don't think anybody on here thinks that Roeder was totally inactive the weeks before, dipshit.

Still, if someone openly admits that he was frantically ringing around on the last day of the transfer window, looking what is available on the market, this only gives the impression of someone not having done his job properly before.

Fulham got Montella ffs. He might not have come here, preferring London, but I'll bet it's another one that passed our fantastic network of scouts and contacts by.

Fulham got Montella ffs. He might not have come here, preferring London, but I'll bet it's another one that passed our fantastic network of scouts and contacts by.

Guaranteed the first Roeder heard of Montella was when it was on the BBC saying he was going to Fulham. I imagine him sat at his desk on deadline day on the BBC transfer update page, hitting F5 and going "D'OH!" everytime another player that he had no idea of the availability of fucks off somewhere else.

Obviously his non-F5 hitting hand is holding his phone. And he's standing.

You're a fucking idiot

Gemmill, you could of stop right there and it still would of made sense to all but one.

Unlike your post where you should have used propper engish... ;)

:nufc: true, to true.

"As hard as I tried today I couldn't make a breakthrough," said Roeder.

"I think it's a terrible time to have a transfer window.

"I've got to manage a football club and prepare a team for a game but I've been working from 8am this morning trying to get players in.

;)

Is there any month of the season where we don't have to play any games?

What the fuck is he on about?

You're a fucking idiot

Gemmill, you could of stop right there and it still would of made sense to all but one.

Unlike your post where you should have used propper engish... ;)

:nufc: true, to true.

That's quite a range.