MP3 players

catmag

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like ipods either. I don't want to have to run Apple software on my PC. Media player is quite adequate for me thank you very much.

Why?

Because there's perfectly adequate software on there already. Why would I want to change all my happy WMA's? And why should I have to get used to a whole new program when I'm happy with the way Windows deals with it already?

your choice

have to say that the iTunes software is fucking easy to use and I've never had any problems with it.

it also makes you big and clever..... just like smoking and swearing

to be fair itunes is not at all bad and makes life easy when organising music.

it is however a bit of a resource hog and prone to crashing when you have more than 500gb of music on the pc that runs it (7 and a bit years worth is what i have currently)!

media player is clunky by comparison.

Edited by canofbeans

obejectively I find the current Media Player format difficult to navigate. Obviously if I needed to use it more often I'd grow accustomed, but iTunes barely took ten minutes to "master"

it is however a bit of a resource hog and prone to crashing when you have more than 500gb of music on the pc that runs it (7 and a bit years worth is what i have currently)!

500 gigs of music? Are you sure? I make that about 10,000 albums and it would take you over a year to listen to them all once if you did nothing else and didn't sleep.

Sounds a bit excessive.

500 gigs of music? Are you sure? I make that about 10,000 albums and it would take you over a year to listen to them all once if you did nothing else and didn't sleep.

Sounds a bit excessive.

I dunno, you can download things like the Beatles discography, or Elvis' and thats a fair few gig right there.

it's really easy to acquire a staggering amount of music without really knowing you're doing it. If you add films and tv to the mix as well...

Guest Patrokles

haha, iTunes is much better than Windows Media Player for playing music. It's now cool to hate Apple I see :o

I think the point to an extent was .wma support.

Guest Patrokles

I personally have an archos mp3 player I got reconditioned for about £120. I got my friend a nice reconditioned Sony one for around the same price. Both 20 gig. Basically, mine is small and plays music. That's all I need.

Guest Patrokles

Why would iTunes or an iPod play WMA files tbh? More fool the mong that uploads songs to his computer in WMA file. :unsure:

Someone needs a lecture on audio compression formats and their respective size/quality ratio. :o

Why would iTunes or an iPod play WMA files tbh? More fool the mong that uploads songs to his computer in WMA file. :o

Smaller files. :unsure:

I have a Creative Zen Touch which is canny but really dated now. I've recently been putting some songs on an Ipod for a friend and I fucking hated Itunes. Couldn't really get away with the Ipod at all though I've had my Creative for over 2 years now so I'm probably far too used to that.

Why would iTunes or an iPod play WMA files tbh? More fool the mong that uploads songs to his computer in WMA file. :unsure:

Someone needs a lecture on audio compression formats and their respective size/quality ratio. :o

Not really. Compatibility should also be taken into account. :o

Apple are famous for producing over-priced junk, the iPod is no exception. Why restrict yourself to a single manufacturer? Monopolies inevitably lead to a deterioration in product quality and a lack of innovation.

And I have tried using iTunes and can't be doing with it personally. What could be simpler than using drag and drop in windows though?

renton, i produce music, in glorious 24 bit 96 khz wave files as well (racking up a fair bit of space).

beleive you me when i say that it takes up a shitload of space.

in terms of mp3 only its still well over 250gb. i do however have quite a few duplicated songs and wave files.

My library of music renton is over 7000 records, 3000- 4000 cd's and a few hundred tapes, over the last few months i've dumped them into the pc.

Also to answer the which file type is best, its either aac or wma in terms of small formats. mp3 suffers from some extremely bad compression algorithms which make it sound like its been horrifically compressed(sic). the other 2 are much more efficient and thus cleaner and clearer sounding.

renton, i produce music, in glorious 24 bit 96 khz wave files as well (racking up a fair bit of space).

beleive you me when i say that it takes up a shitload of space.

in terms of mp3 only its still well over 250gb. i do however have quite a few duplicated songs and wave files.

My library of music renton is over 7000 records, 3000- 4000 cd's and a few hundred tapes, over the last few months i've dumped them into the pc.

Also to answer the which file type is best, its either aac or wma in terms of small formats. mp3 suffers from some extremely bad compression algorithms which make it sound like its been horrifically compressed(sic). the other 2 are much more efficient and thus cleaner and clearer sounding.

I thought my 20 gigabyte collection was impressive. :unsure:

Edit: you don't know Asprilla's foreskin do you? :o

Edited by Renton

i don't.

thought it got lopped off (asprilla's foreskin)

my stuff is mostly glitch, or noise or acid and some ambient! so not everyones cup of tea.

no examples to post as they are all works in progress, and i am a perfectionist.

i don't.

thought it got lopped off (asprilla's foreskin)

my stuff is mostly glitch, or noise or acid and some ambient! so not everyones cup of tea.

no examples to post as they are all works in progress, and i am a perfectionist.

AF is the resident musician. He writes radio jingles.