Shearer bumming Woodgate

Invicta_Toon

Before he signed for us you would read about him and hear rom Leeds fans about just how good he was, and you could tell from their reaction to him leaving being massive compared to Ferdinand leaving. But when you see him play you understand how good he is.

:blink:

I seem to remember the Leeds fans saying that it should have been Woody who was sold for 3 times as much as Ferdinand, not the other way around!

If Woodgate had of kept his word about keeping the shirt for him he'd love to come back and play etc then he would have been here,but he talked shite and off he went to the Boro :blink:

We turned him down tbh

Or more accurately, we never showed the same level of interest in him as Boro did so I doubt he felt he was wanted by us.

No other defender in the world could make Bramble look as good as Woody made him.

At the time we sold him, it was great business from the club. I just wish we'd taken the risk in summer and got him back.

Yep I agree there. Sell him for £14m, let Real Madrid give him 2-years rehab, operations, etc. then sign him back on loan when his injury problems have been solved. I remember in the 2003-4 season, it was always Campbell & Ferdinand, with Terry & Woodgate neck and neck behind them.

still is just the positions reversed.

i would not say ferdinand is as good as terry or woodgate this season (vidic however has been the best centreback in the premiership this season imho), and campbells been immense for portsmouth.

Woodgate is prolly one of the best players to pull on the black and white jersey IMO. A great player, IMO miles better than duck lip and prolly better than Terry.

did anyone else see Keane make the duck lip gesture with his index finger while mouthing 'fucking wanker' as he walked away from Ferdinand after he clattered him one?

Woodgate is prolly one of the best players to pull on the black and white jersey IMO. A great player, IMO miles better than duck lip and prolly better than Terry.

did anyone else see Keane make the duck lip gesture with his index finger while mouthing 'fucking wanker' as he walked away from Ferdinand after he clattered him one?

:o:unsure:

Gutted, would love to have seen that! Cant stand Ferdinand, what a glory seeking faggot he is!

:o:unsure:

Gutted, would love to have seen that! Cant stand Ferdinand, what a glory seeking faggot he is!

the important bit being he did it walking away from him.....