Mondays Gossip

Tom

So will ROeder be his usual hypocrite self and back his man even though he tore into players making racist comments. I think so because he is a cock.

The point is whether or not the comments were racist.

Well IMHO calling someone a Negro out of anger is racist. It is a comment meant to hurt.

It's not nigger, though, which has definite negative connotation. It'd be the difference between Pakistani and Paki, I guess.

So where is Negro then. I know calling someone a Pakistani is saying where they come from. How does that equate to Negro?

Negro essentially means the same as black. It's in no way derogatory.

Paki means someone from pakistan so I am assuming you dont think that is racist either? Negro is neither Turkish nor English for black so why use it. It was a stattement based on someones race intended to cause emotional distress.

Can you prove that?

Besides, calling a Scottish person a Scot isn't racist so how is calling some from Pakistan a Paki? Just an excuse for people to whinge or get sympathy imo. What about calling a Welsh person Taff? Or and Irishman Paddy? I don't these folks getting a stress on about it. The problem is all the lefty do-gooders that jump on the bandwagon to say "Oh you can't say that about this person it'll offend them" when the actual people involved don't give a sh*t. The leftys just wind people up and cause the conflict.

Can you prove that?

Surely people can see whats going on?

What's that then, oh wise one? I'm guessing the players in question (rather than just left do-gooders*) made a complaint about Emre. Or this would have blown over straight away.

*It takes a society like ours for 'do-gooder' to become an insult I reckon.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So will ROeder be his usual hypocrite self and back his man even though he tore into players making racist comments. I think so because he is a cock.

Well IMHO calling someone a Negro out of anger is racist. It is a comment meant to hurt.

It's not nigger, though, which has definite negative connotation. It'd be the difference between Pakistani and Paki, I guess.

So where is Negro then. I know calling someone a Pakistani is saying where they come from. How does that equate to Negro?

Paki means someone from pakistan so I am assuming you dont think that is racist either? Negro is neither Turkish nor English for black so why use it. It was a stattement based on someones race intended to cause emotional distress.

Can you prove that?

Besides, calling a Scottish person a Scot isn't racist so how is calling some from Pakistan a Paki? Just an excuse for people to whinge or get sympathy imo. What about calling a Welsh person Taff? Or and Irishman Paddy? I don't these folks getting a stress on about it. The problem is all the lefty do-gooders that jump on the bandwagon to say "Oh you can't say that about this person it'll offend them" when the actual people involved don't give a sh*t. The leftys just wind people up and cause the conflict.

NAIL / HEAD TBH

BRAIN DEAD TBH. :o

People just like to fuss over nothing man,

I dont use the language myself but i dont nesseccarily (sp) host a rally through the town center when someone uses the word 'paki'

''I am going to the paki's''

Whats wrong with that?

as apposed to ' i am going to the store owned by the pakistani's''

So that's the same as saying "you dirty paki" or "you fucking paki" or "piss off home paki" is it?

here's a new word for you to learn. Context.

:unsure:

Totally not what i was talking about

:o You don't seem to have a clue what you or anybody else is talking about ffs.

Its cause it keeps changing context :o

People dont actually read they just assume :suicide:

:o

What were you talking about then? If it's all just busy-bodies who complain about this sort of thing then how come these players did complain? Also, in the same way, would you say 'paki' in front of an Asian person, seen as by your reckoning they aren't the ones offended by it (which I know for a fact is bollocks).

Edited by alex

Apart from the word 'negro', do we actually know what Emre said? Last I heard Lescott and Howard had told the FA different things.

No, but Emre's "calling people black and negro is fine in Turkey" defence suggests to me that he's said something he shouldn't have and this is the best they can come up with in defence. Which is pretty weak.

Apart from the word 'negro', do we actually know what Emre said? Last I heard Lescott and Howard had told the FA different things.

No, but Emre's "calling people black and negro is fine in Turkey" defence suggests to me that he's said something he shouldn't have and this is the best they can come up with in defence. Which is pretty weak.

Weaker than a day old kitten.

What were you talking about then? If it's all just busy-bodies who complain about this sort of thing then how come these players did complain? Also, in the same way, would you say 'paki' in front of an Asian person, seen as by your reckoning they aren't the ones offended by it (which I know for a fact is bollocks).

Thats tottally not what i was saying....

Your just putting words in my mouth or post even :o

Can you prove that?

Besides, calling a Scottish person a Scot isn't racist so how is calling some from Pakistan a Paki? Just an excuse for people to whinge or get sympathy imo. What about calling a Welsh person Taff? Or an Irishman Paddy? I don't see these folks getting a stress on about it. The problem is all the lefty do-gooders that jump on the bandwagon to say "Oh you can't say that about this person it'll offend them" when the actual people involved don't give a sh*t. The leftys just wind people up and cause the conflict.

Is this a serious question? The term 'Paki' has well documented racist undertones and cultural and historical baggage in England going back to the early 80's and the rise of the NF. People love to get this mixed up with word usage in the context of the Scots or the Welsh and that is really either the height of stupidity or mischivious ignorance of cultural 'weighting' of the terms.

This has nothing to do with left wing doo-gooders or Guardian readers but a lot more to do with having shit put through your letterbox or your children having to run home from school for fear of 'Paki-bashing'.

What were you saying then? Apologies if I've misrepresented you.

It's EXACTLY what you were fucking saying. Either that or you can't write down what you mean in words that anyone other than you can understand!

A Welshman calling an Englishman a fucking English prick

An Englishman calling a Pakistani a fucking Paki prick

A Turk calling an African a fucking black prick

Eiither all of these are racist insults, or none of them are. They are not however, just 'factual and descriptive' insults.

It's EXACTLY what you were fucking saying. Either that or you can't write down what you mean in words that anyone other than you can understand!

Is it fuck.

Ok here goes...

Saying Paki in front of an asian is sound in my book

saying nigger to a black man is fine in a derogatory manner

There you fucking go, want a daily mail with that?

Edited by T-Keith

Can you prove that?

NAIL / HEAD TBH

BRAIN DEAD TBH. :o

People just like to fuss over nothing man,

I dont use the language myself but i dont nesseccarily (sp) host a rally through the town center when someone uses the word 'paki'

''I am going to the paki's''

Whats wrong with that?

as apposed to ' i am going to the store owned by the pakistani's''

If you were standing in said store, and someone asked you where is XXX? Would you say 'no idea, ask the Paki' infront of the store owner?

Is it fuck.

Ok here goes...

Saying Paki in front of an asian is soun in my book

So you are saying it's ok to say Paki in an abusive way to an asian. That they will be ok with that?

Is it fuck.

Ok here goes...

Saying Paki in front of an asian is soun in my book

So you are saying it's ok to say Paki in an abusive way to an asian. That they will be ok with that?

I didnt say that at all you did

Eiither all of these are racist insults, or none of them are. They are not however, just 'factual and descriptive' insults.

Of course 'the english' have historically been weighed down by racism. :o

Jesus Christos. :unsure:

Of course 'the english' have historically been weighed down by racism. :o

Jesus Christos. :unsure:

See all about context really