Obafemi Martins

Greg

Guest Patrokles

Still doing it I see.

Sour grapes isn't attractive tbh. :lol:

I'd love you to explain how I've displayed sour grapes in this thread btw.

See the posts above plain to see to be frank.

That was well explained.

I thought so, nothing than simply showing the facts. Now be careful you don't trip over that pouting lip.

Didn't explain it though, did you? If it's that obvious it should be easy.

If you need me to explain what sour grapes is just look it up tbh.

I don't, I asked you to explain how I'd displayed it in this thread. Your comprehension's on a par with your humour anyway. :lol:

FYP FYP FYP FYP FYPPPPPPP :P

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So have we established that Fop has just learned what sour grapes means then? :lol:

Meh I see people spell crack "craic" on here all the time which is a completely made up spelling of a pre-existing borrowed word which has recently been reborrowed.

If you're that worried about it write to your MP, but I'm fairly sure what I mean by sour grapes would stand up in a grammar nazi court of law under fair use. :lol: (and indeed is very evident in this thread)

Aye, that would be a clever point if 1) you didn't need to look up the phrase after you used it to check what it mean and 2) It was applicable to me in this thread. :lol: Backatcha

Hey, you are infringing his human right of making a fool out of himself ... or are you enforcing it? :lol:

Guest Patrokles

This is somewhat reminiscent of when I pulled up Verlaine / Pat on N-O for calling me smarmy when in fact I was just being a pedantic prick.

Your RIGHT to pedantry is somewhat in question after the terrible your/you're faux-pas.

So have we established that Fop has just learned what sour grapes means then? :lol:

Meh I see people spell crack "craic" on here all the time which is a completely made up spelling of a pre-existing borrowed word which has recently been reborrowed.

If you're that worried about it write to your MP, but I'm fairly sure what I mean by sour grapes would stand up in a grammar nazi court of law under fair use. :lol: (and indeed is very evident in this thread)

That sounds like sour grapes to me.

Edited by ChezGiven

Fop, that doesn't even make sense man.

Aye, that would be a clever point if 1) you didn't need to look up the phrase after you used it to check what it mean and 2) It was applicable to me in this thread. :P Backatcha

The context:

The phrase is sometimes also used to refer to one expressing, in an unsportsmanlike or ungracious way, anger or frustration at having failed to acquire something (i.e. being a "sore loser"), regardless of whether the party denies their desire for the item.

is a perfect example of your behaviour, as we both well know I'm sure. :lol:

So I'm happy and you can gloat over your pyrrhic victory on that specific point if you wish (I agree you seem to need them), I don't mind. :lol:

This is somewhat reminiscent of when I pulled up Verlaine / Pat on N-O for calling me smarmy when in fact I was just being a pedantic prick.

Your RIGHT to pedantry is somewhat in question after the terrible your/you're faux-pas.

I was right though, I'd never try and ingratiate myself to you, insincerely or otherwise. :lol:

Aye, that would be a clever point if 1) you didn't need to look up the phrase after you used it to check what it mean and 2) It was applicable to me in this thread. :P Backatcha

The context:

The phrase is sometimes also used to refer to one expressing, in an unsportsmanlike or ungracious way, anger or frustration at having failed to acquire something (i.e. being a "sore loser"), regardless of whether the party denies their desire for the item.

So I'm happy and you can gloat over your pyrrhic victory on that specific point if you wish (I agree you seem to need them), I don't mind. :lol:

That last post there, now that was sour grapes.

So have we established that Fop has just learned what sour grapes means then? :P

If you're that worried about it write to your MP, but I'm fairly sure what I mean by sour grapes would stand up in a grammar nazi court of law under fair use. :P (and indeed is very evident in this thread)

That sounds like sour grapes to me.

But that could only be in MY context of it.... which would mean that it could NOT be sour grapes.... as that would mean I'd have nothing to be sour about, would I? :lol: :lol:

Guest Patrokles

I was right though, I'd never try and ingratiate myself to you, insincerely or otherwise. :lol:

That's a very different alex from the sweet young man who PMd me an apology on N-O. :lol:

The context:

That last post there, now that was sour grapes.

Well in which case my useage of it was perfectly correct and you don't even get your pyrrhic victory. :P

Fop, that doesn't even make sense man.

Makes perfect sense, not my fault if you don't understand it, is it?

You had to look it up man, after you used it. You can have the victory like.

If you don't look up googled quotes you're a moron tbh, 9 times out of 10 they are picked paragraphs that don't mean what people are implying they mean when read in context with the full text.

And not surprisingly this was one of the NINE times out of 10 where that WAS the case.

If you don't look up googled quotes you're a moron tbh, 9 times out of 10 they are picked paragraphs that don't mean what people are implying they mean when read in context with the full text.

And not surprisingly this was one of the NINE times out of 10 where that WAS the case.

My point was that when I asked you to explain how I'd displayed 'sour grapes' in this thread you couldn't, other than 'see the above post' or whatever. Like the "I know but I'm not telling you" of the school yard. Only when you looked it up, did you start applying what I'd wrote into that context (strange that), albeit unconvincingly imo.

I'm confused now, is Fop claiming some sort of different meaning for the phrase "sour grapes"?

Read up, as I said often use "slipshod extension" so shoot me (that should be an effective deterrent :lol:).

And again is as much fair use as "craic" is in messageboard "grammar" nazism.

I resent that :lol:

It referred to the exact meaning of the phrase. People who use it to mean sore loser do exist but they are not using the phrase correctly as backed up by wikipedia and yourself.

My point was that when I asked you to explain how I'd displayed 'sour grapes' in this thread you couldn't, other than 'see the above post' or whatever. Like the "I know but I'm not telling you" of the school yard. Only when you looked it up, did you start applying what I'd wrote into that context (strange that), albeit unconvincingly imo.

tbh I just though you were going to pedantically deny each point.

It turns out I was wrong you were intending to pedantically refute the exact context and meaning that I used (explicitly the lack of denial of desire, I guess).

As I said that's a great pyrrhic victory.... although equally as you've now accused me of "sour grapes" using my context of it...... so I'm not even sure you can find solace in pedantism anymore.