How can someone get bail

LeazesMag

He was bailed in february this year

If you put everyone in jail instead of bailing them

a) there would be no place for the guilty left in prison

:D as it takes so long to bring people to trial and 66% are not guilty you'd be imprisoning tens of thousands of innocent people for months

c) I guess its a judgement call in this sort of case - the police obviously didn't think he was a "clear and present danger" - but as we all know the police make mistakes sometimes....................... don't they???

Toontastics Principal Liberal

He was bailed in february this year

If you put everyone in jail instead of bailing them

a) there would be no place for  the guilty left in prison

:stars: as it takes so long to bring people to trial and 66% are not guilty you'd be imprisoning tens of thousands of innocent people for months

c) I guess its a judgement call in this sort of case - the police obviously didn't think he was a "clear and present danger" - but as we all know the police make mistakes sometimes.......................  don't they???

Toontastics Principal Liberal

22224[/snapback]

1. build more prisons

"If he was found guilty". What do gooder found the loophole which kept him free to kill I wonder ?

1. build more prisons

"If he was found guilty". What do gooder found the loophole which kept him free to kill I wonder ?

23361[/snapback]

I think this is the point though, he hadnt yet stood trial and therefore hadnt been found guilty (or innocent for that matter).

What needs to be asked is the fact that this isnt a big place and therefore surely, this person should have been top of the police suspects list as soon as the kid was found to be missing.

Seriously, without putting on my executioners hat [so long as Rob etc doesn't put on his sandals either :stars: ] it's not just a question of the law, even if the law is an arse, especially when something like this happens that proves it. Nor is it only a question of bringing back national service, restore discipline and respect etc

It's about money as well, isn't it ie build more prisons ? All this and more. How can people have so little regard for others and why do they think they will get away with it or not appear to be bothered about the consequences if they are caught ?

Remember Tony Blair when he said they would "get tough on crime and the causes of crime". Well, as his ugly missus always seems to want to defend this shower or shit we can only presume that what he meant all along was he agreed with sending them on recuperation skiiing course in the Alps instead of building more prisons !

Edited by LeazesMag

Seriously, without putting on my executioners hat [so long as Rob etc doesn't put on his sandals either  :stars: ] it's not just a question of the law, even if the law is an arse, especially when something like this happens that proves it. Nor is it only a question of bringing back national service, restore discipline and respect etc

It's about money as well, isn't it ie build more prisons ? All this and more. How can people have so little regard for others and why do they think they will get away with it or not appear to be bothered about the consequences if they are caught ?

Remember Tony Blair when he said they would "get tough on crime and the causes of crime". Well, as his ugly missus always seems to want to defend this shower or shit we can only presume that what he meant all along was he agreed with sending them on recuperation skiiing course in the Alps instead of building more prisons !

23475[/snapback]

Oh dont get me wrong on this, I agree that the criminals must be treat harsher than they are now, dont agree with the "take em skiing" views or anything else. In this case though, he wasnt yet found guilty somebody however made a decision that he wasnt a danger to the public and wouldnt reoffend therefore he got bail. Whoever is responsible for that decision, needs to be checked out to ensure they're doing their job properly and then have their arse severely booted!

Some time ago the Dutch had a plan to send paedophiles to Tunisia if convicted, where it's 'pretty much accepted'. I'm very interested to see how that solution would be considered on here.

Some time ago the Dutch had a plan to send paedophiles to Tunisia if convicted, where it's 'pretty much accepted'.  I'm very interested to see how that solution would be considered on here.

23529[/snapback]

.....now THAT would go down a bomb with cherie and her cronies. I'd like to see their reaction to that one !

I think it's a GREAT idea, pissed myself laughing when I heard it. And obviously anything that makes me laugh should immediately be made law.

Anyone found guilty of messing with kids should have their hands chopped off, end of story.

22331[/snapback]

Including a 16 year old lad having sex with his 15 year old girlfriend?

Seriously, without putting on my executioners hat [so long as Rob etc doesn't put on his sandals either  :crylaughin: ] it's not just a question of the law, even if the law is an arse, especially when something like this happens that proves it. Nor is it only a question of bringing back national service, restore discipline and respect etc

23475[/snapback]

Oh dont get me wrong on this, I agree that the criminals must be treat harsher than they are now, dont agree with the "take em skiing" views or anything else. In this case though, he wasnt yet found guilty somebody however made a decision that he wasnt a danger to the public and wouldnt reoffend therefore he got bail. Whoever is responsible for that decision, needs to be checked out to ensure they're doing their job properly and then have their arse severely booted!

23510[/snapback]

precisely Mr Pud

and the cry of "build more prisons" normally comes from the same political parties and newspapers that campaign for lower taxes...................

:fuk::razz::PB):)

Worried Sima???

24296[/snapback]

I hope I come across as older than 16 :(

24643[/snapback]

Ona good day, on a good day :rolleyes::angry::lol::lol::lol::lol:

24738[/snapback]

Shit, I never have those :icon_lol:

Seriously, without putting on my executioners hat [so long as Rob etc doesn't put on his sandals either  :lol: ] it's not just a question of the law, even if the law is an arse, especially when something like this happens that proves it. Nor is it only a question of bringing back national service, restore discipline and respect etc

23475[/snapback]

23510[/snapback]

precisely Mr Pud

and the cry of "build more prisons" normally comes from the same political parties and newspapers that campaign for lower taxes...................

:rolleyes::angry::lol::lol::lol:

24302[/snapback]

you are quite wrong. I would be quite happy to pay a bit more tax if it was spent on prisons, NHS, education, national service to teach kids respect of authority and

security of the country rather than having plenty to give to sponger bogus asylum seekers and terrorists who hide behind them.

My point is the law is an arse, but blokes like you are all right Jack and just not too concerned about it - until someone or something affects your life, then you'll be there wondering how it happened.

Leazes - if it was simple someone would have fixed it all years ago................

Most of the things you suggest actually existed in the past but didn't stop us finishing up were we are now.......... I can remember people being hanged - and it never stopped a murder to my knowledge

Anyway the main determinate of the level of crime in any country is the number of young men between 13-25 - as that drops so does crime and vice versa

Leazes - if it was simple someone would have fixed it all years ago................

Most of the things you suggest actually existed in the past but didn't stop  us finishing up were we are now..........  I can remember people being hanged - and it never stopped a murder to my knowledge

Anyway the main determinate of the level of crime in any country is the number of young men between 13-25 - as that drops so does crime and vice versa

26925[/snapback]

Just imprison all 13-25 year old men then, simple. Oh, and bring back the birch.

Most of the things you suggest actually existed in the past but didn't stop  us finishing up were we are now..........  I can remember people being hanged - and it never stopped a murder to my knowledge

26925[/snapback]

Just imprison all 13-25 year old men then, simple. Oh, and bring back the birch.

26943[/snapback]

I'm not 26 till Febuary, can we delay the Bill till the New Year?

26925[/snapback]

26943[/snapback]

I'm not 26 till Febuary, can we delay the Bill till the New Year?

26945[/snapback]

Yes, I'll still have give you a good thrashing though :unsure:

Seriously, without putting on my executioners hat [so long as Rob etc doesn't put on his sandals either  :P ] it's not just a question of the law, even if the law is an arse, especially when something like this happens that proves it. Nor is it only a question of bringing back national service, restore discipline and respect etc

I'm actually a fan of at least considering something along the lines of national service... but unfortunately, thats entirely irrelevent to this case (not that you're saying it is, but anyway...). Indeed, this sort of case isn't at all right for whats being discussed. It isn't about someone having "so little regard for others" or thinking they'll get away with it, or what have you. Its about straightforward dangerous psychopathy. What appears to need looking at is the individuals and infrastructure who have left a sexual predator on the streets. I'm a libertarian, but risks can't be taken with such individuals.

Some time ago the Dutch had a plan to send paedophiles to Tunisia if convicted, where it's 'pretty much accepted'.  I'm very interested to see how that solution would be considered on here.

23529[/snapback]

Really? I'd not heard about that. Fucking Dutch...

the cry of "build more prisons" normally comes from the same political parties and newspapers that campaign for lower taxes...................

:unsure:  :o  :D  :)  :P

24302[/snapback]

It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive, of course, but I suppose thats going off-topic... :lol:

Seeing as its already sort of been raised, what do people think prison is for - punishment, rehabilitation (by whatever means - you might think punishment will help rehabilitate them) or a bit of both (if so, what ratio?)? I'm firmly on the rehabilitation side, though I believe that many of the more petty, younger criminals do just want some fairly basic sterness - probably allied to the knowledge that the system really does want them to civilise themselves and enjoy their lives. Primal Scream therepy isn't going to help a lad who's been on crack since he was 13, has a smack-addicted prostitute for a mother and a trick for a father.

The thing is, though, what do you do about the dangerous and un-rehabitable? Sexual predators, psychopaths and those with certain personality disorders (often the same thing, like...)? Its at this point that execution begins to cross my mind.

Edited by 80-2